Guide to Upgrading Qtek 8310 to the Latest (2.0.9.0) AKU2 ROM

Guest mfurse

I have this problem with the original ROM

I just finished my upgrade from Vodafone's ROM to TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.

I have the V1240 model.

It worked great! Thanks alot for this useful guide.

Guest bkraptor

Can anyone please tell me what this AKU2 that everyone keeps talking about is? Also can anyone tell me if the Imate SP5 ROM will work on an Orange SPV C600? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would create a step by step guide to help impart the process I followed to get my Qtek 8310 to run the newly released official AKU2 ROM. The upgrade initially came up with "Invalid Vendor ID" so I had to follow a few more steps from multiple forums to get around it - I have just aggregated those steps here.

This is NOT an official or guaranteed method to install your Qtek ROM - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR PROBLEMS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE.

1. Get the latest ROM for the Qtek 8310 by logging in to http://www.myqtek.com to get it.

2. Reset device to manufacturer defaults before attempting to install the update - this should reduce the likelyness of problems occuring. A utility for doing this is under "Accessories > Clear Storage".

NOTE: you will lose all your data if it is not on the Storage Card.

3. Wait for the phone to rebuild to manufacturer defaults and try the Qtek ROM upgrade (see step 13 & 14).

IF you get "Invalid Vendor ID", like I did because "I'm not a brightpoint customer :blink:", then you will have to change the phone's identifier lock or 'CID'.

NOTE: Changing the CID will invalidate your warranty.

4. To change CID first get RegEditSTG.zip from the attached files link at the bottom of this post. Connect up your phone to the PC and copy the ZIP FILE not the EXE to your phone and unzip the exe on the phone.

5. Run the regeditstg exe file (once unzipped) change the following keys to APPLICATION UNLOCK your phone. This is required to be able to install the .CAB file to enable you to change the CID.

Navigate to: HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\

Click "Values" soft-key

Change "00001001" value to 1 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 2)

Change "00001005" value to 40 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 16)

Change "00001017" value to 144 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 128)

Add new value "0000101b" and assign it DWORD = 1 (decimal)

Reboot your device.

These changes now mean you can run unsigned software such as the CID changing software.

6. Download SPV-Services from here. Thanks to the guys from SPV-Developers!

7. Unzip the file on your PC. Copy the Cert.CAB file to your mobile device. Then use the phone's file manager to browse to the file and then run it. It should flash up a warning about being unsigned - just click "yes" and let it install.

8. Reboot the phone again.

9. With the phone still connected to the PC and on, run the SPV-Services.exe from the SPV-Services zip file you should have unzipped on your PC.

This will load the SPV-Services program.

NOTE: This program does not work well with IE 7 or alternative browsers, try to make sure your PC has IE6 if possible!

10. Click "CID Tool (Alpha)" on the left hand side - it will attempt to read the CID from your Phone. (Mine read it fine without issue following this method...if you have problems then try www.spv-developers.com or this Modaco forum for some help!)

Once it has, copy and paste the CID number that was collected to your PC in a text file to make sure you have a backup for whatever reason.

11. Click the "Set CID to 1111111" button and be patient. Do not switch your phone, restart your computer or unplug the phone!

Changing the CID to this SuperCID your phone able to accept the new Qtek 8310 ROM. As I have said this process will invalidate your warranty.

12. Wait for the process to complete successfully. Reboot the phone.

13. Try the ROM update again, read all the instructions carefully and do not get impatient. My Update got stuck at 93% for like 4 mins before continuing to successfully update.

14. Your Qtek 8310 will have to rebuild itself which is also a slow process but be patient and you should now be upgraded to the latest version ROM.

Hope this helps all those with the Invalid Vendor ID problem despite being paying Qtek Customers!

Matt

Hi. Does this work for UK TMOBILE SDA II as well

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Neeraj

Guest freemans
Can the A2DP package be installed without upgrading the ROM?

Should I choose to upgrade the ROM, will Sprite back-up my phone's original ROM should I want to revert to the old ROM after I upgrade?

Thanks.

As far as I know, Sprite Backup only can backup the data saved on the main memory of your device including your Personal data, third party appications and settings and also the registry. But it cannot get the access to the ROM so there is no way to back ROM of your device.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fraccaro
As far as I know, Sprite Backup only can backup the data saved on the main memory of your device including your Personal data, third party appications and settings and also the registry. But it cannot get the access to the ROM so there is no way to back ROM of your device.

Cheers

Thanks!

Guest fraccaro
I finally got a hold of a ROM that installed flawlessly in the 8310 that I bought from Mad Monkey Boy. The ROM Ver. 2.5.312.1 with the new Comm Mgr and support for push email .The file is called 8310.zip (33 MB) and can be downloaded for 7 days starting 07/06/06. Unzip and run the installation program which will guide you with the installation process. Note that the install takes a long time Approx 8 min. Be patient.

You can get the file here: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...28E007754DF0A62

This file 8310.zip was placed there by the folks at Sound Solutions that apparently are the distributors of the Qtek 8310 that were sold by MMB.

I hope this helps a couple folks

Can someone please post the zip file or upload it somewhere and provide the link? I believe my supplier was also a Sound Solutions distributor.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest diliger13
Yes...read the original 1st post on this topic it explains how to get the Qtek 8310 roms to load on an invalid phone despite them being valid Qtek 8310 handsets.

Matt

i read about how to get the Qtek 8310 roms to load on an invalid phone despite them being valid Qtek 8310 handsets.

My problem is that i can't download tha latest Rom from myqtek.com because it does't accept my IMEI.

I have V1240 from Vodafone Greece.

PLEASE HELP!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest A.Bagatov

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask if my ROM is actually up to date:

ROM version: 2.0.9.0

OPERATOR version: 2.5.312.1

Radio version: 413.1.04_02.09.00

Do I really have the newest stuff?

Thanks ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wombleuk

I've just bought a 2Gb SD card for my V1240 and despite what I've read, my phone hangs after entering my pin. It did boot once, but didn't recognise the SD card.

Would changing the rom solve this ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest danutzel

Hi, can anyone tell me what is the diference between those ROM versions?

200624819AKU2_8310_2090_253221_020900_ship

TO_DAN_EUR_2090_253121_020900_ship

TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_ship

I want to upgrade the ROM of my Qtek 8310 and I don't know which one is the best.

Thanks for help,Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest unmo

Hi, nevertheless, is there any real way to backup the full ROM of qteck 8310? Sorry if this if offtopic, but I was searching for this answer 3 days and still nothing I got. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest qmaster
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would create a step by step guide to help impart the process I followed to get my Qtek 8310 to run the newly released official AKU2 ROM. The upgrade initially came up with "Invalid Vendor ID" so I had to follow a few more steps from multiple forums to get around it - I have just aggregated those steps here.

This is NOT an official or guaranteed method to install your Qtek ROM - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR PROBLEMS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE.

1. Get the latest ROM for the Qtek 8310 by logging in to http://www.myqtek.com to get it.

2. Reset device to manufacturer defaults before attempting to install the update - this should reduce the likelyness of problems occuring. A utility for doing this is under "Accessories > Clear Storage".

NOTE: you will lose all your data if it is not on the Storage Card.

3. Wait for the phone to rebuild to manufacturer defaults and try the Qtek ROM upgrade (see step 13 & 14).

IF you get "Invalid Vendor ID", like I did because "I'm not a brightpoint customer :excl: ", then you will have to change the phone's identifier lock or 'CID'.

NOTE: Changing the CID will invalidate your warranty.

4. To change CID first get RegEditSTG.zip from the attached files link at the bottom of this post. Connect up your phone to the PC and copy the ZIP FILE not the EXE to your phone and unzip the exe on the phone.

5. Run the regeditstg exe file (once unzipped) change the following keys to APPLICATION UNLOCK your phone. This is required to be able to install the .CAB file to enable you to change the CID.

Navigate to: HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\

Click "Values" soft-key

Change "00001001" value to 1 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 2)

Change "00001005" value to 40 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 16)

Change "00001017" value to 144 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 128)

Add new value "0000101b" and assign it DWORD = 1 (decimal)

Reboot your device.

These changes now mean you can run unsigned software such as the CID changing software.

6. Download SPV-Services from here. Thanks to the guys from SPV-Developers!

7. Unzip the file on your PC. Copy the Cert.CAB file to your mobile device. Then use the phone's file manager to browse to the file and then run it. It should flash up a warning about being unsigned - just click "yes" and let it install.

8. Reboot the phone again.

9. With the phone still connected to the PC and on, run the SPV-Services.exe from the SPV-Services zip file you should have unzipped on your PC.

This will load the SPV-Services program.

NOTE: This program does not work well with IE 7 or alternative browsers, try to make sure your PC has IE6 if possible!

10. Click "CID Tool (Alpha)" on the left hand side - it will attempt to read the CID from your Phone. (Mine read it fine without issue following this method...if you have problems then try www.spv-developers.com or this Modaco forum for some help!)

Once it has, copy and paste the CID number that was collected to your PC in a text file to make sure you have a backup for whatever reason.

11. Click the "Set CID to 1111111" button and be patient. Do not switch your phone, restart your computer or unplug the phone!

Changing the CID to this SuperCID your phone able to accept the new Qtek 8310 ROM. As I have said this process will invalidate your warranty.

12. Wait for the process to complete successfully. Reboot the phone.

13. Try the ROM update again, read all the instructions carefully and do not get impatient. My Update got stuck at 93% for like 4 mins before continuing to successfully update.

14. Your Qtek 8310 will have to rebuild itself which is also a slow process but be patient and you should now be upgraded to the latest version ROM.

Hope this helps all those with the Invalid Vendor ID problem despite being paying Qtek Customers!

Matt

Thanks a lot Matt. Worked a treat!!

• 1 year later...
Guest Master-D

Hey folks. I have two Qtec 8310 and one of them have problem. When I wana turn it on the phone start to restarting himself. Only start the picture HTC Innovatoin and thats all... And again and again... I dont know if I put a new ROM will fix this problem. I dont know what is the problem.

What you think about the problem.

I know this topic is old, but I dont found something better in Google :)

And what is the latest version of the firmware? Now I am with: 2.0.9.0