Bluetooth file transfer - where received file is stored?!

Guest deim

Guest deim

Guys,

Probably a stupid question...

Trying to transfer files between iPaq 2210 and Audiovox SMT5600 by BT or IR.

iPaq -> SMT - no problem, files are in "My Documents" on the phone Storage (though, some problems with BT, but does not matter at the moment)

Problem is in SMT -> iPaq. Transfer seems to be Ok (bt), at the end iPaq displays the message, that Pocket Outlook has no idea what kind of file is this (funny - just simple JPG), and offers to Save or Discard file. Click on Save - and... where the hell my file?!

Tried to search everywhere with FileExplorer/RescoExplorer and in ActiveSync mode - nothing, file is not found anywhere!

What is the default location for received files on iPaq?

Guest sporkguy

When I had an iPaq 5xxx series, it always saved in My Documents (as far as I can remember, that was 3 years ago).

Perhaps the filetype is being rejected and thus deleted? have you tried to do a search for it?

Guest deim
When I had an iPaq 5xxx series, it always saved in My Documents (as far as I can remember, that was 3 years ago).

Perhaps the filetype is being rejected and thus deleted? have you tried to do a search for it?

Yes, I've tried to search for it. Nothing. And it's not in My Documents - checked it first...

Damn, looks like it is something specific for 22xx (2210 or 2215 - they are the same), or maybe just my ipaq. Tried to do the same transfer from SMT5600 to i-mate PDA2k - got file on pda2k just fine.

Guest Brins0
Yes, I've tried to search for it. Nothing. And it's not in My Documents - checked it first...

Damn, looks like it is something specific for 22xx (2210 or 2215 - they are the same), or maybe just my ipaq. Tried to do the same transfer from SMT5600 to i-mate PDA2k - got file on pda2k just fine.

I had an h2210 before I switched to my XDA Mini S, and I have had problems sending things from it to my new one... it worked via IrDA, but it wouldn't work with BT...