2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adaptor with mic & button

Guest jwexqm

Guest jwexqm

got one of these on ebay recently from Hong Kong. I really wanted to use my Sony Fontopia earphones with my m500 but not sacrifice hands-free functionality. This does the job superbly. Only a few quid delivered, clip for shirt, button (not tested this), mic and 3.5mm socket into which I plug the short part of my Fontopias. Excellent.

Guest scoobytwo
got one of these on ebay recently from Hong Kong. I really wanted to use my Sony Fontopia earphones with my m500 but not sacrifice hands-free functionality. This does the job superbly. Only a few quid delivered, clip for shirt, button (not tested this), mic and 3.5mm socket into which I plug the short part of my Fontopias. Excellent.

have you tested it yet? alot of these are wired wrong for the m500. ive bought 2 adapters that have been and so they dont work properly.

Guest jwexqm
have you tested it yet? alot of these are wired wrong for the m500. ive bought 2 adapters that have been and so they dont work properly.

well I've tested it on 3 phone calls now and everyone's said they could hear me without any problems. The audio in calls and when listening to music seems fine to me. I can't test the button though. I skipped the installation of all the Orange customisation stuff when I did the last hard reset on my m500 so I think it's to do with that. I've tried the button on the stock headset and it also does nothing. I can't remember what it's meant to do now actually (was it just hang-up?). The button does nothing when GSPlayer is in button training configuration mode too (I wondered if the phone would just see it as another hard button).

The cable is thin and made of soft PVC and is very flexible. Standard 2.5mm right angle jack and it fits positively in the socket of my m500. The only bad point about it so far is the hinge pin on the spring clip which I broke by yanking it off my shirt by mistake. It's a thin cylinder of plastic and it sheered off. I replaced it with a bit of a bent paperclip and it's fine now ;)

I got one for my friend who has an HP ipaq (the blackberry-esque one with the keypad, GPS & phone) and he claims it works fine for him too.

If you want me to do any specific tests, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...