Vodafone release AKU2 updates

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Thanks you-know-who-you-are for the tip on this one...

Vodafone have released the AKU2 updates for their v1240 / v1640 Tornado / Universal devices.

The downloads, which can be found here, provide Vodafone's Windows Mobile 5 devices with support for push email ('Windows Mobile Email from Vodafone') and the latest AKU2 software enhancements.

Vodafone's own 'What's new in AKU2' documents can be downloaded as follows:

AKU2 - What's New, Smartphone [Warning - PDF Link!]

AKU2 - What's new, Pocket PC [Warning - PDF Link!]

A quick glance over the documents reveals no mention of A2DP support, so, as with other HTC devices, it has likely been pulled :P

The usual caveats apply to the update, it will completely wipe your device, so make sure you have a backup first!

Enjoy! ;)

P

ruu_1.jpg

ruu7.jpg

Guest hamstar50

I have an i-mate SP5 but I use a Vodafone contract SIM in it. Would this benefit me at all? Like suddenly make Vodafone Live! work or somthing...if there is a benefit, could anyone explain how I can get this on my handset?

Many thanks

Guest sporkguy
I have an i-mate SP5 but I use a Vodafone contract SIM in it. Would this benefit me at all? Like suddenly make Vodafone Live! work or somthing...if there is a benefit, could anyone explain how I can get this on my handset?

Many thanks

Yes, I believe this would bring more Voda-centric functionality to your SP5.

You'd need to change the CID of your device to be a SuperCID (so you can flash any firmware) - there is a guide HERE that is very good for that - just replace the Qtek ROM references with the voda ones in the news post ;)

Best of Luck!

Guest hamstar50

Worked a treat...doesn't do much...just a bit of Voda branding...nice animated (well...single pics consecutively) screens from Voda.

Guest elsandalos

Strange little bug in this ROM - In the connection manager, it doesn't show the text description of the icon you're currently over.

I do like the Vodafone Homescreen plugin whcih shows more than one appointment. If i went back to my i-mate ROM, is there a way to move this plugin over onto it? Obviously i don't have a plugin installer for it, and i'm guessing that plugins pop details in the registry when you install them.

EL.

Guest hamstar50

oh crap!..didn't realise this before...it's missing Pocket MSN! I would also like to bring across the Voda-eccentric stuff back on to my imate phone (after I put imate ROM back on)....if someone figures out how to do all this...giz us a shout please.

Thanks dudes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.