• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Orange Customers to get FREE broadband?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Taken from ISPReview.co.uk...

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/vi...lVVlFVEzERFTznP

ADSLGuide has noted a piece in The Guardian newspaper, which claims that Wanadoo is reportedly poised to launch its own take on a "free" broadband product when it merges with the Orange brand next week:

To try to stop Wanadoo's existing one million broadband and one million dial-up internet-access customers running off to TalkTalk, Orange plans to offer "free" broadband to customers who also take a mobile phone contract. They will also get a bundle of cheap fixed-line calls, including free calls to other Orange customers.

The new broadband service, backed by a huge advertising campaign, still needs the sign-off of Orange's owners France T

Posted

its just one of those things - i dont think it will work in the long term and most of the customers probably already have broadband with a BETTER company than wanadoo

they also know that they wont be selling many broadband contracts because of most customers having broadband internet

no doubt there will be caps on it - another degration of orange

Posted

Orange are already hideously in debt (albeit, thanks to FT) - I can't see how losing revenue completely from Wannado will benefit the company at all. Sure it'll get people tied into 2 year long Mobile contracts *shudder* but who will want that?

Personally I don't think O's customer service is good enough to put up with for 2 whole years.

Posted

Orange are already hideously in debt (albeit, thanks to FT) - I can't see how losing revenue completely from Wannado will benefit the company at all. Sure it'll get people tied into 2 year long Mobile contracts *shudder* but who will want that?

Personally I don't think O's customer service is good enough to put up with for 2 whole years.

personally, having been with orange nearly 10 years, I think I should be entitled to free broadband with them for as long as I'm a customer! :)

Posted

The grass is greener on the other side :) :)

Posted

Please don't jump to any conclusions yet.

The newspaper reports are clutching at starwa and no details have yet been made public and won't be until next week.

Even queries to the press office office are give n the same response.

Yes there are to be new offers. Yes Wannadoo and Orange are merging to form one company.

Existing wannadoo customers are unnafected.

Other details as yet not yet released.

Posted

its just one of those things - i dont think it will work in the long term and most of the customers probably already have broadband with a BETTER company than wanadoo

they also know that they wont be selling many broadband contracts because of most customers having broadband internet

no doubt there will be caps on it - another degration of orange

Incedentally after shopping around for an ADSL provider in the last month, i struggled to find _any_ withoout a cap, with some ISP's offering as little as 512MB a month!

Posted

Well, I've oredered it, anyhow - I'm currently on dialup, and a 2gb cap isn't (yet) a problem for me - by the time it is, I'll move up to an uncapped service; in any case, I'm getting it free as an existing Orange punter, and they're telling me the speed could be up to 8mbps, not the advertised 1mbps - even if my local exchange can apparently only service 2mbps, lol :)

Roll on the next "20 working days" (well, 19 now, lol) :)

Posted

orange dont bother fining for over usage anyway....i have this free broadband, and i download ALOT of stuff...still free :rolleyes: