WiFi settings

Guest burnso

Guest burnso

Hi folks,

Bought myself a Safecom SD Wifi card and couldn't get my Jam to recognise it.

Finally sorted it by rebooting my router.

I've input all my settings, but when I try to access any pages using internet explorer I get the error message "Cannot connect. Unable to connect: You have no modem entries created, and no network card present."

Anyone have any pointers? :)

Thanks

burnso

Guest jimbouk

I dont understand how rebooting your router would make your JAM recognise the sdio card?

Anyway - once you have installed the drivers for the sdio card into your jam - it should recognise it whenever you insert it.

As long as your router is giving your JAM an IP address it should connect. Check in the wireless app on the device that you are getting an IP address (probably 192.168.x.x)

If not, then your router is either WEP enabled and you havent entered the wep key on the JAM or it has a mac filter and you need to enter the SDIO card's mac address into the router.

If you have an IP address, then make sure in network settings that you have told it that your WIFI connects to "The Internet"

Guest burnso
I dont understand how rebooting your router would make your JAM recognise the sdio card?

Neither do I!! But it did! The drivers were all installed and working ok, but when scanning for networks, nothing happened. It was only when I reset my router that removing and reinserting my card worked as it should and it connected to the network.

I can therefore now get access to the network (WEP key entered on Jam, MAC address of card recognised by router), but can't access any web pages. Thats where I'm having the problems. Its set up to access 'The Internet' but I get the error message mentioned below if I try and navigate to a web page

• 1 month later...