• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HDD vanished from my i300! :-(

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hey, this morning i turned my phone on and went into samsung media player and all my music had vanished, so i went to update library and there was no HDD on the phone. I also went to smart explorer and the HDD had vanished there too, it has completely gone!!! no applications work on my phone accept the ones that use the phones memory which is not good.

has anyone got any ideas?

i just plugged my phone in ''mass storage'' option and it comes up on my computer, but it says 'the HDD is not formatted, do you want to format it?'

and if i format it i will lose all my data on the HDD which is soooosoooo not good!!

i really don't know what to do.

please help people!!

thanks alot.

regards.

Posted · Report post

this is a known issue with the i300 (I knew it was all too good to be true)

try to update the ROM For it as apperently there was a patch in it which resolved the issue.

Posted · Report post

This is not a 'known issue' AFAIK although 1 or 2 people have had it, but they had to have the devices replaced under warranty.

There is no rom update for the i300, nor any patch to 'fix' this. Careful googling for software as there was another samsung device called the i300 that was palm powered.

The usual known issue is 'lack of free space' on the drive causing the handset to crash, not the drive dissappearing completley.

Try the reformat, your data is lost anyway if you can't access the drive.

Richard

Posted · Report post

thanks for your help, but my phone is still f'd up, i just tried reformatin on the computer, and near the end it says ''windows cannt reformat this drive''

any ideas what to do next? hard reset?

thanks.

Posted · Report post

yep a hard reset did not work.

i'll be contacting o2 soon and see what they say. hopefully a get a replacement.