Sound problems with the iMate/M600

Guest timpharrison

Guest timpharrison

Dear all,

I have aweful sound quality on the my Orange SPV M600; the same problem as I had the old SPV E200. The sound is fuzzy and distorted - especially if the speaker is on loud. Others on this forum have complained of the same.

Please complete the poll so we can see if there are just a few faulty batches, or if its to do with the ROM, or whether the handset is just flawed.

This poll is about sound quality during calls, using the inbuilt speaker and not via a headset.

Thanks!

Tim

Guest ddieter

The poor sound quality is by far my biggest complaint about this phone.

The sound quality from both the earpiece and the external speaker is appalling :)

It's as if they have cut corners and used the cheapest quality speakers that they could find.

Guest Pondrew
I have to agree. The sound is definatley one of the M600's strongest points.

Eh?! The other posters have both complained about the sound quality. Did you mean you think it's one of the M600s weakest points? Or did you mean you disagree?

• 3 months later...
Guest willyweasel
Eh?! The other posters have both complained about the sound quality. Did you mean you think it's one of the M600s weakest points? Or did you mean you disagree?

My daughter and I both have M600 phones and the sound is very distorted at the louder volume settings. By comparison to my C500 the sound volume and quality is inferior in both areas.

In recent days my phone sound has faded to nothing. I suspect a dry joint as I could get some sound back by squeezing the back of the phone case.

As the phone is only a month old, Orange have replaced the handset (next day service).

• 3 months later...