Want Bluetooth Stereo, but hate Media Player?

Guest belfast-biker

Guest belfast-biker

Having a Universal with Bluetooth Stereo and Remote Control is excellent - but previously I was stuck with Windows Media Player, which as a music player, should really be taken out and shot.

I emailed both the creators of Pocket Music and Pocket Player, two excellent music players, but without A2DP and AVCRP support.

The Pocket Player people just got back to me, and supplied a DLL file which gives their player full bluetooth stereo support.

pp-defaulta.gif

I'm happy to report that it works a treat, so fill yer boots!

Get it here!

Guest pd.ryder

Did you ever hear anything back from PocketMind re PocketMusic?

I got totally brassed off waiting for them to support QVGA Smartphone let alone A2DP :) Email after email has been ignored I'm afraid, and now I just use TCPMP.

Guest belfast-biker
Did you ever hear anything back from PocketMind re PocketMusic?

I got totally brassed off waiting for them to support QVGA Smartphone let alone A2DP :) Email after email has been ignored I'm afraid, and now I just use TCPMP.

Nope. Bit disappointing, coz the program is otherwise lovely.

BTW, typing this from my handheld via my PC, using logmein.com. Breathtaking!

Guest pd.ryder

I've just d/l a copy of Pocket Player for Smartphone so I'll give that a go later tonight once I'm home from work.

It is indeed a shame about PocketMusic - a wonderful little app spoilt by shoddy support. Ho-hum.

Guest belfast-biker
I've just d/l a copy of Pocket Player for Smartphone so I'll give that a go later tonight once I'm home from work.

It is indeed a shame about PocketMusic - a wonderful little app spoilt by shoddy support. Ho-hum.

Not sure what support the smartphone one has for bluetooth...

but the DLL you need for Pocket PC's is attached.

gen_wmhost.rar

Guest samsul
BTW, typing this from my handheld via my PC, using logmein.com. Breathtaking!

Why not just type it from your handheld? People think if something is there then they have to use it!!!!

Guest belfast-biker
Why not just type it from your handheld? People think if something is there then they have to use it!!!!

I was grabbing a file from my PC using logmein to access my outlook at home at the time Mr "got out of the wrong side of bed grumpy".... :)

Perhaps your fifth post will be more useful to mankind. I can barely contain my little self.

Edited by belfast-biker

Guest pd.ryder
And some people don't understand what's being said....

@belfast-biker - Thanks for the DLL. I'll hang on to it until I upgrade to one of the Hermes variants after the summer :)