• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problems With O2 XDA Mini

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I've posted a couple of other things but no one seems to have replied yet.

Here are my main problems, and YES I HAVE researched and searched forums, for 3 days now and I just don't undertand what people are saying.

1. Where the hell is photo contacts? I have it on my SPV M2000 so why not on my XDA Mini, surely it shoulf come as a windows app?

2. Its VERY slow and stalls a lot, I want to get rid of all the O2 rubbish on it.

3. I have tried to 2 days to do the hard reset, then soft reset thing, but cannot see the "extended ROM" folder. Is it a folder on the phone??? From some things I've read it looks like its contained on an SD Card, my problem with that is that O2 never gave me an SD card well Mini SD card actually.

So.......................how can I get rid of the O2 stuff, still be able to call, send sms's and access the internet, and get Photo contacts?

Surely someone here can help me,

I hope to hear back from someone soon,

Thanks

Ben

Posted

Hi Ben,

1. Go to contacts, select a contact and click edit... the second field down is "select a picture".

2. You'll need to hard reset. See 3.

3. The extended rom isn't on an SD, or mini-SD card actually, it's on the PPC. You'll need a file explorer (get Total Commander), then navigate to "/Extended_ROM/". Copy that line into the address bar without the "'s.

I found all that information on Modaco after maybe 5 mins, maybe you should practice the search function some more! Practice makes perfect!

If you get really stuck then I suppose you could ask here again!

Wes

Posted

Wes,

thanks for your reply, however I have a problem with a couple of things

1. That is not photo contacts as I know it, what I know as photo contacts is a screen that shows all contacts as pictures, I know you can assign a picture to a contact so their image appears when they call, what I want is to be able to call a contact by selecting their picture.

2. I did actually find the app you speak of, Total Commander but honestly that did take me a while to find out, maybe I was just unlucky in finding the right posts? - anyway, I now see the Exetended ROM, but I don't really know what the cab files in there do, can I post a list of them for someone to tell me what they are please?

3. I assume I should make a backup of my Exetended ROM onto my pc, however I cannot see it through my pc using activesync, only using Total Commander on the XDA Mini.

Your Help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,

1. Go to contacts, select a contact and click edit... the second field down is "select a picture".

2. You'll need to hard reset. See 3.

3. The extended rom isn't on an SD, or mini-SD card actually, it's on the PPC. You'll need a file explorer (get Total Commander), then navigate to "/Extended_ROM/". Copy that line into the address bar without the "'s.

I found all that information on Modaco after maybe 5 mins, maybe you should practice the search function some more! Practice makes perfect!

If you get really stuck then I suppose you could ask here again!

Wes

Posted

TBH it sounds like you're in over your head a bit.

Don't rush this or you could make things worse. Take some time to read existing threads - I know there are threads on the contents of the Ext_ROM because I was reading one just a couple of days ago

When you search use few terms and preceed them with a +.

EG: +Extended +ROM

You'll get lots of hits, but they'll probably all be in the right subject matter

1. I don't know of a photo dialler application, but there may be one. You could have a look through FairDeal (the Software link at the top of the forum page) or Handango.

I used to use Spb PocketPlus, which lets you have icons on the Today screen, and used pictures of the people as icons (the actual dialling was done by an app called VJPhoneTools which you can get from www.vijay555.com).

It works, but it's a lot of effort TBH

2. As I said the contents of the Ext ROM are listed in several threads, have a search. You should get a feel for what they do from their names.

3. You don't need to backup the Ext ROM, you can't overwrite it, but it might be convenient to have copies of the CAB files on your SD card for future use.