Ulymanchild

!HELP ERROR 294 INVALID VENDOR ID!

6 posts in this topic

Installed the German ROM update just to get the mms setting in Germany, tried to install Enlgish ROM update. Get a ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID

Can anyone tell me how to go about this?

Really would like my phone to be back in English.

Current

Rom-Version 2.6.2.28 GER

Rom-Date 3/9/06

Radio 02.19.21

Image 2.6.2.111

Did you install the HTC ROM, or a Network Operators ROM?

Either way, the message means the ROM you're trying to install is not the same as the ROM you'e upgrading from.

You could try Lokiwiz from www.xda-developers.com to see if that can SuperCID it (remove the ROM branding) which will let you install another ROM.

Wizard_RomUpgradeUtility_noID will work aswell. its floating about on xda-developers.

Okay I did it! If anyone ever encounters the same problem with ID Error, Here is the solution.

1. Down load HTC_Charmer _upgradeut_noid

2. HTC_Charmer_NoID

3. Download Any Charmer ROM Utility.

4. Extract nk.nbf from the Charmer ROM Utility.

5. Place nk.nbf to the HTC_Charmer upgradeut_noid.

6. Get the upgrade with no ID Errors.

7. GOT TO LOVE IT! :)

Model: PM200

Rom-Version: 2.6.2.27 WWE

Rom-Date: 3/9/06

Radio-Version:02.19.21

Protocol version: 4.1.13.09

ExROM version: 2.6.2.110

Hi , I didnt understand what u meant by "Place nk.nbf to the HTC_Charmer upgradeut_noid." what does that mean? i have a T-mobile MDA II in Czech language and wanna convert it to English. Is it possible for u to jus email me the file or even send me a link to the whole finished file that u used to ugrade urs? And which charmer rom utility so i download? what does that mean? sorry new to the whole Computer lingo.

thanks

p.s- wud be great if u jus email me the whole completed files or send me a link to it.

Okay I did it! If anyone ever encounters the same problem with ID Error, Here is the solution.

1. Down load HTC_Charmer _upgradeut_noid

2. HTC_Charmer_NoID

3. Download Any Charmer ROM Utility.

4. Extract nk.nbf from the Charmer ROM Utility.

5. Place nk.nbf to the HTC_Charmer upgradeut_noid.

6. Get the upgrade with no ID Errors.

7. GOT TO LOVE IT! :)

Model: PM200

Rom-Version: 2.6.2.27 WWE

Rom-Date: 3/9/06

Radio-Version:02.19.21

Protocol version: 4.1.13.09

ExROM version: 2.6.2.110

Hi , I didnt understand what u meant by "Place nk.nbf to the HTC_Charmer upgradeut_noid." what does that mean? i have a T-mobile MDA II in Czech language and wanna convert it to English. Is it possible for u to jus email me the file or even send me a link to the whole finished file that u used to ugrade urs? And which charmer rom utility so i download? what does that mean? sorry new to the whole Computer lingo.

thanks

p.s- wud be great if u jus email me the whole completed files or send me a link to it.

Hey there. Did you ever get what you were looking for? I have the exact same problem, and I don't want to turn my phone into a brick doing things the wrong way.

Edited by bigunk