(sort of) New user needs help

Guest ruffryder_01

Guest ruffryder_01

Ordered my 8500 today will be with me tomorrow, was an avid smartphone user with the mpx200 and 220 just getting back into smartphones with the funky new phone from qtek and I cant wait!!

A quick couple of questions if i may (apologises as these topics may have already been covered elsewhere)

Can I link my qtek 8500 to 2 different activsync accounts running on different computers, for example for home and work?

How do I set up email on the phone so I can download emails from my aol, hotmail account etc? Can you have more than one email account stored on the phone???

Any advice would be much appreciated as the space in my brain that stored the prevoius knowledge of smartphones has been corrupted due to too much xbox live!!

Thanks in advance!!

yes you can link/have relationships with different computers I believe (making sure the relationship name is different)

you can download emails with the phone as long as you enter the correct settings when setting up an email account on the mobile device itself I believe (cant remember where these settings are)

Guest chalkie14

I've never used more than 1 PC for Activesync so can't help there, but there is a setup wizard for getting email account settings automatically. I've set mine to grab AOL, Hotmail and Googlemail, although I haven't been able to send with Googlemail yet. AOL and Hotmail send and receive perfectly.

Graham

Guest ruffryder_01

Wow thank you both for the swift response!!

So i'm assuming with two activsync accounts all the contacts and emails will be separate??

What about 2 or more different email accounts, does it keep them seperate also?

Guest nickcornaglia

Here's the real scoop....

YES you can sync with your home PC and work PC. The phone can hold only TWO activesync partnerships. I do the same thing and have my home pc, work pc and phone Outlook accounts in sync.

EVen though you can sync Outlook Calendar, Tasks, and even Notes(Using SmartphoneNotes)...You can only sync ONE Activesync Email account though. (Outlook Email). That is...syncing an Outlook mailbox with the phone.

BUT you can sync as many POP3 or IMAP accounts on the phone as you wish...over the air via GPRS/EDGE directly with your account's mail server.

AOL IMAP settings are as follows I believe (dont quote me as I dont have an AOL account)

smtp.aolserver.com:587

mail.aolserver.com:143

Guest nickcornaglia

And yes...all email accounts are kept seperate. Here is what's on my phone as far as accounts.

Outlook Email (not used)

Text Messages

Comcast

MMS

Work Email

All amails are in their own account and each account has it's own settings and rules.

Guest ruffryder_01

Well got my phone, all fully charged and ready to go!!

The first task is to set the phone up to d/l my aol email.

I've googled a couple of times and dont get much, are the settings the same as what you would put into Outlook on my pc?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks