HTC STRTrk versus Motorola RAZR v3

Guest js_martin

Guest js_martin

I currently use the Motorola MPx220 and like the phone, but would prefer something less bulky in the way of a flip phone. I really like the Motorola RAZR v3, so the STRTrk seems like a perfect choice. The only problem is that I have yet to see a side by side photo comparison of these two phones. I know how the RAZR looks and feels because my wife has one. I've tried just comparing the measurements, but as you all know here, "seeing" is everything. So please....please, if anyone has both the RAZR and the STRTrk, please post some pics comparing the phones from various angles. I really want this phone, but if it's going to be bulky, then I'll just stick with my MPx.

Guest nickcornaglia

If my cubicle neighbor didnt leave work already, I would have been able to get you a pic. It is just as this as the razr. Just as wide. But a tiny bit longer.

And let's not forget....it does 1000 things more and better than a razr...so the rest is no comparizon.

Guest petals

I used to have a mpx220 and now i switch to a StrTrk

In terms of usability, the new WM5.0 is definately much better, as compared to the older version in mpx220.

Besides that, the only main difference is the camera quality, led light and size.

Camera quality is surprising good! Surpasses what I expected for a 1.3mp cam. Only that it does not have a led light unlike mpx220, so night shots are quite a nightmare.

Guest ruffryder_01
I currently use the Motorola MPx220 and like the phone, but would prefer something less bulky in the way of a flip phone. I really like the Motorola RAZR v3, so the STRTrk seems like a perfect choice. The only problem is that I have yet to see a side by side photo comparison of these two phones. I know how the RAZR looks and feels because my wife has one. I've tried just comparing the measurements, but as you all know here, "seeing" is everything. So please....please, if anyone has both the RAZR and the STRTrk, please post some pics comparing the phones from various angles. I really want this phone, but if it's going to be bulky, then I'll just stick with my MPx.

As a former user of both the MPx220 (massive fan) and the V3 (girls phone) this walks all over the v3 and kicks it with steel toe capped boots!!

A colleague at work has the V3 and was impressed by the size of my new qtek, its looks so much cooler and is only about a mm or 2 longer. its roughly the same depth when closed as the v3 but bigger when opened, the overall presence of the phone compared to the v3 is impressive. It just looks and feels 'proper'. A mans phone. My colleague has now placed an order at expansys!

When i had the v3 it took me a little while to get used to the feel of the phone and the keypad, with the 8500 it felt a part of me! Go get it, go get it now! You will not regret it.

Guest js_martin
If my cubicle neighbor didnt leave work already, I would have been able to get you a pic. It is just as this as the razr. Just as wide. But a tiny bit longer.

And let's not forget....it does 1000 things more and better than a razr...so the rest is no comparizon.

Any pics of the RAZR and the STRTrk together would be great!! I definitely agree with the overall functionality of the smartphone over the RAZR, which is why I still carry my trusty MPx!! :P

I used to have a mpx220 and now i switch to a StrTrk

In terms of usability, the new WM5.0 is definately much better, as compared to the older version in mpx220.

Besides that, the only main difference is the camera quality, led light and size.

Camera quality is surprising good! Surpasses what I expected for a 1.3mp cam. Only that it does not have a led light unlike mpx220, so night shots are quite a nightmare.

I haven't had a chance to use WM5.0, but definitely expect it to be much better than WM2003!! That's great news about the camera quality...one feature I'm reluctant to use on my MPx for obvious reasons. I never found the LED light to be very useful, even at night it made people look ghostly. I've seen a lot of "camera" phones do a much better job with low light....but the MPx, well it just down right blows :)

As a former user of both the MPx220 (massive fan) and the V3 (girls phone) this walks all over the v3 and kicks it with steel toe capped boots!!

A colleague at work has the V3 and was impressed by the size of my new qtek, its looks so much cooler and is only about a mm or 2 longer. its roughly the same depth when closed as the v3 but bigger when opened, the overall presence of the phone compared to the v3 is impressive. It just looks and feels 'proper'. A mans phone. My colleague has now placed an order at expansys!

When i had the v3 it took me a little while to get used to the feel of the phone and the keypad, with the 8500 it felt a part of me! Go get it, go get it now! You will not regret it.

;) :D :( OUCH, the poor V3. I definitely agree that Windows Mobile blows the doors off any mobile phone O/S, especially in terms of functionality!! It sounds like the STRTrk is only a little bit longer than the V3, which is perfect. My main concern was that it wouldn't be much thinner than the MPx. I like my MPx over the RAZR, just wish it wasn't so darn thick when closed. Maybe that's just being too picky when it comes to phones, but if the STRTrk is the same thickness as the RAZR, then I may just have to purchase that bad boy :D

Thanks everyone for the responses!! Now, if we could just get some comparison shots ;-)

Guest paholman
Any pics of the RAZR and the STRTrk together would be great!! I definitely agree with the overall functionality of the smartphone over the RAZR, which is why I still carry my trusty MPx!! :P

I haven't had a chance to use WM5.0, but definitely expect it to be much better than WM2003!! That's great news about the camera quality...one feature I'm reluctant to use on my MPx for obvious reasons. I never found the LED light to be very useful, even at night it made people look ghostly. I've seen a lot of "camera" phones do a much better job with low light....but the MPx, well it just down right blows :)

;) :D :( OUCH, the poor V3. I definitely agree that Windows Mobile blows the doors off any mobile phone O/S, especially in terms of functionality!! It sounds like the STRTrk is only a little bit longer than the V3, which is perfect. My main concern was that it wouldn't be much thinner than the MPx. I like my MPx over the RAZR, just wish it wasn't so darn thick when closed. Maybe that's just being too picky when it comes to phones, but if the STRTrk is the same thickness as the RAZR, then I may just have to purchase that bad boy :D

Thanks everyone for the responses!! Now, if we could just get some comparison shots ;-)

Hi,

I'm still waiting for the missed calls fix before buying one, but it's getting a little urgent since my SPV C500 packed in. A comparison with other clamshell phones can be found here

Thanks