• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

is it possible to set your songs as ringtones?

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am curious if i can set the song(s) I sync from my computer onto my phone as my ringtones, or if I can put songs in a folder that would allow me to set them as ringtones.

thanks

Posted · Report post

I am curious if i can set the song(s) I sync from my computer onto my phone as my ringtones, or if I can put songs in a folder that would allow me to set them as ringtones.

thanks

I dont know the Q, but most devices allow you to either right click songs and select USE AS RINGTONE or you can simply copy files to windows/rings folder and they will appear on the list in sounds and notifications.

Note that MP3's will only work as ringtones, you need WAV files for sms and mms etc (and they need to be in the windows folder.

Posted · Report post

I dont know the Q, but most devices allow you to either right click songs and select USE AS RINGTONE or you can simply copy files to windows/rings folder and they will appear on the list in sounds and notifications.

Note that MP3's will only work as ringtones, you need WAV files for sms and mms etc (and they need to be in the windows folder.

There seems to be no windows/ringtones folder, has anybody out there figured it out? I tried just dropping an mp3 into the /windows folder, but that didnt work

Posted (edited) · Report post

There seems to be no windows/ringtones folder, has anybody out there figured it out? I tried just dropping an mp3 into the /windows folder, but that didnt work

*EDIT*

I DID IT you put it in

/application data/sounds

*EDIT 2*

the tone needs to be in .mp4 format for ringtone.

PS sorry about double post

*edit 3*

Its seems that only 2 of the 7 songs I put on work..the others are 'corrupt ' or something

Edited by maximus103089

Posted · Report post

ok, now I HAVE figured it out.

the songs can be set as .mp3, all you have to do is restart your Q before trying to assign the songs as a ringtone.

Posted · Report post

Put the mp3's in Application Data/Sounds

Posted · Report post

It's so simple it's almost silly. Pop open ActiveSync and click Explore.

From there, click on "My Windows Mobile Based Device" or MotoQ if you've named it.

Then "Application Data" -> "Sounds"

and then just drop in an .mp3 file.

After it syncs into your phone, open the contact that you want to attach the tone to (MENU, EDIT) and go to CUSTOM RING TONE. Your new tone will be there.

May I suggest a really nice piece of freeware to make tones? I've been using AUDACITY. I import an .mp3 file (it won't import .4 files), cut together a cool tone from one of my songs (it's beyond easy to create a 30-second edit), and then dump the edit into my phone.

The whole family now has custom tones....

Posted · Report post

How does one set a custom SMS sound though? I've added an am4 file to both the Windows folder and the Application Data/Sounds folder but it still doesn't come up...

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

How does one set a custom SMS sound though? I've added an am4 file to both the Windows folder and the Application Data/Sounds folder but it still doesn't come up...

Thanks!

To set a custom SMS sound go to settings/sounds and change the Text message alert to whatever ring you want. Again you have to put the .MP3 in the Application Data/Sounds folder for it to appear here and you should definitely pick up the free copy of Audacity to edit the files down to a much smaller size, I usually do around 30 secs for Rings and don't use .mp3s for alerts. I have my txt/sms set to "Gotmail" from AOL.

Posted · Report post

you do not have to convert anything. just drop your songs or sound bites into the My Documents folder, or even on your memory card, create a My Documents folder, and put your songs in there. They will all be available to use as ringtones.

Also, If you set a song as an sms alert, it will continue to play the entire song even if you have checked your sms/email.

Posted · Report post

you do not have to convert anything. just drop your songs or sound bites into the My Documents folder, or even on your memory card, create a My Documents folder, and put your songs in there. They will all be available to use as ringtones.

Also, If you set a song as an sms alert, it will continue to play the entire song even if you have checked your sms/email.

Is it possible to have an mp3 ringtone + Vibrate?

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to have an mp3 ringtone + Vibrate?

yes. just set your ringtone like normal, then go to settings>profiles and edit your profile. then go to ring type and select vibrate and ring.