Qtek 8500 StrTrk now @

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1
still hunting for that pink one then richard ;) it will come

It's,er, not for me, honest.... :)

I've already dissassembled my manly black one.... :D

Richard

Guest fluffcat1
No sign of a silver version to hit the market yet? wonder if we'll ever see it........

I don't think 'all silver' would work well with the different materials in the casing. The colouring would be off between the rubber, metal and plastic

I think we'll see silver metal plates on a black chassis similar to the pink version. In whch case I may well just make my own by spraying the parts of a black one when I'm bored of it.

Richard

Guest Pondrew

That's an incredible reduction for such a brand spanking new device, especially given the good reviews it's been getting. Could it have something to do with the apparent missed calls problem where in standby it diverts all calls to voicemail and fails to alert that a message was left? Given there's no such reports on other versions of the device I wouldn't have said that warranted such a drastic price reduction!

Guest fluffcat1
That's an incredible reduction for such a brand spanking new device, especially given the good reviews it's been getting. Could it have something to do with the apparent missed calls problem where in standby it diverts all calls to voicemail and fails to alert that a message was left? Given there's no such reports on other versions of the device I wouldn't have said that warranted such a drastic price reduction!

I doubt it. I haven't checked expansys' forum but I haven't had the missed call problem and my rom will be the same ( although german sourced) as they'll all have come from brightpoint / dangaard - it may be the US rom that's iffy?

I think they've either got a very good deal or have milked the pre-orders and this is the more relasitic pricepoint for a wm5 smartphone without wifi. It'll kick the f600's ass in terms of sales - I can't see that being justifiable as anything other than free at launch now as the 8500 is 'free' plus a 4gb ipod nano on 18 month contracts from expansys!

edit - from when I first noticed the drop until the latest drop stock level has only gone down 15 units according to my web cache... maybe it's selling too slowly?

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

I'd love to see the figures behind this chart. The 8500 has 34% of sales yet would appear a slow seller and hasn't been out a full month...!

Richard

post-145647-1153945799_thumb.jpg

Guest Metoo

Seeing as Mobileplanet (Expansys USA) has withdrawn the 8500 from sale (understandably), they could well be trying to dump stock before HTC brings out a "fixed" version. A ROM boost to 128MB would be nice too. Even with all 3rd party apps installed to the SD card, mine still only has ~3MB free.

Edit: I notice this is actually the "Deal of the Day" for the 26th only, so best act quick if you want one! They had the Mio A701 down from

Edited by Metoo

Guest fluffcat1
Seeing as Mobileplanet (Expansys USA) has withdrawn the 8500 from sale (understandably), they could well be trying to dump stock before HTC brings out a "fixed" version. A ROM boost to 128MB would be nice too. Even with all 3rd party apps installed to the SD card, mine still only has ~3MB free.

Were Mobileplanet selling the EU or US version in the US? All the issues I have seen re. the missed call bug have been US users IIRC.

Expansys are fully capable of re-flashing devices as well so I doubt they'd dump stock - they'd withdraw it and wait for the upgrade, then re-release it. Their b-stock pages have many listings for re-flashed devices that they have available inc. blueangels and iPaqs that have either had an upgrade or originally been destined for another market, as well as devices classed as 'repaired' where a flash has fixed a major issue.

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1
Deal of the Day? Where does it say that? Dammit, shame I dont have the money today :)

Ahhh, yes, it is the deal of the day for thursday...might just buy that spare then.

Others are selling on ebay for

Guest Metoo
Were Mobileplanet selling the EU or US version in the US? All the issues I have seen re. the missed call bug have been US users IIRC.

Expansys are fully capable of re-flashing devices as well so I doubt they'd dump stock - they'd withdraw it and wait for the upgrade, then re-release it. Their b-stock pages have many listings for re-flashed devices that they have available inc. blueangels and iPaqs that have either had an upgrade or originally been destined for another market, as well as devices classed as 'repaired' where a flash has fixed a major issue.

Richard

Not sure, but all they list now is the EU version bundled with an extra battery, available "on demand" only - i.e. they're not keeping any stock in the US. So I guess they've either transferred their stock to the UK or sent it back to Qtek/HTC.

Guest porkpie

Just ordered one for my boss (althought it's just a good way to see if I'll want one!)

He had both a V3 and a sharp organiser (very old school) and wanted somethign as sleek but better with data (but he didn't want the size of the Wizard). Some people are so difficult to please!

I'll be interested to see how well the pad works on this one.

Oli