Quickmark QR Code Software for your Smartphone - your phone as QR Code scanner

Guest Unic0der

Guest cubik

For those still with the C500 [that's me too], the Dopod 585 version is functional. Not sure what is missing, but it reads the barcodes. I needed to rename the language file.

Great li'l tool with loads of possibilities. I particularly like the t-shirt and business card ideas banded around in here.

Guest tasman

The 818 Pro works like a dream on my O2 XDA Mini S.

I've seen these Q-marks on a few things, this could be a good marketing gimic, better than the BT posters that are springing up around London.

The V-card idea is good.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'd like to see an app that could read normal barcodes.

Actually, i'd like a .net CF component that could read barcodes. A much easier way to manage the shopping list methinks with that :)

P

Guest nickcornaglia

There are apps for some phones and PCs that let you read a UPC barcode with a camera.

a .NET component would be GREAT as you could use it for so many applications.

One that I remember is a PC program that inventories books, movies, video games by scanning the UPC (or manually adding the ISBN number) then adding all of the data into a database (title, author, actors, console, etc) and also adds a photo of the product so it looks as if it were sitting on a shelf.

So you would also need a good DB to back up the functionality.

Guest kremo

guys do you think it's possible to make a software to win mobiles to generate QR Code-s on the phone?

it would be very useful with image save option.

Guest Paul (MVP)

That would be cool!

Even if that's not possible, a client app that effectively calls that website then extracts the image would definitely be feasible.

P

Guest BrAGoL
For those still with the C500 [that's me too], the Dopod 585 version is functional. Not sure what is missing, but it reads the barcodes. I needed to rename the language file.

Great li'l tool with loads of possibilities. I particularly like the t-shirt and business card ideas banded around in here.

the 575 version worked in my SP3 unit... no renaming of files needed...

Guest chrisvanbrunschot
the 575 version worked in my SP3 unit... no renaming of files needed...

I installed the 575 on my SPV C500 but I also have the language problem. I've tried to rename the .dll without any luck. I can read that there are several people facing this problem, maybe somebody knows what the origin of this problem is and thus the solution.

Guest fraser

Has anyone had any success with a Blue Angel (M2000)? I've tried the 575 & 585 versions which don't even launch. The 699 and 818 ones launch the GUI but the screen is black as it's not talking to the camera.

Guest Solaris_irc

mine is in japanese, and I try to change the dll like it says in the treat but nothing hapens, i have a sp3i US version

Guest ricoks

I'm using a SMT5600 and using the s300 doesn't show up in my start menu, but the 575 does. however, when I start it, the camera starts with the red outline border for what i assume is the capture, but the camera is off center.

what i mean is, i still see the white background of the app with the name behind it still showing up above it and to the left of it, almost as if it were windows being tiled, if that makes sense. thus, the bottom red section doesnt' show up on my screen, and it wont capture - at least i think that's why it wont capture..............

any ideas???

Guest pwhooftman2
renaming to change to english does not work on all my phones , all the settings on the phone are uk english , it must have something to do with the simcard as well as the modaco C600 is an english phone , oh well time to remove it :)

Look at http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/referen...xp/xp-lcid.mspx for the landcodes. Renaming still doesn't work though on my dutch qtek 8310 (imate sp5).

And as an advice for people with a German OS: Rename QuickMark.0409.dll to QuickMark.0407.dll to get the English menu !

QuickMark is one of the collest applications for mobile phones I have seen for a long time.

I wonder how long it takes until Europe4an mobile operators will discover that money can be earned with this application as it both applies to the "Fun Factor" as well as "Usability Factor".

Guest Solaris_irc

Can I change the language to spanish? wen I do what it says on the post nothing change i still see squares on te menu instead of letters

Guest pwhooftman2
Can I change the language to spanish? wen I do what it says on the post nothing change i still see squares on te menu instead of letters

No, determine the language of the OS on your phone, lookup the right LCIDHex in http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/referen...xp/xp-lcid.mspx and change Quixkmark.040'.dll to that code to get english.

For example, if your phone is Spanish_Modern_Sort, rename Quickmark.0409.dll to Quickmark.0c0a.dll to get English

Guest blueflash

for the universal try dopod699 thats what i installed 1st on my mda-vario and worked fine but they all seem to be upside down and i cant find quikmark dll on vario any pointers

Guest Jakaroe808

Is there no way to correct the inverted screen for Wizard users? You think they would have developed this for the Dopod 838 as well... I installed 818Pro and thought it would be ok but the more I use it, the more it is just drives me nuts.. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.