MPX220 and TomTom

Guest monolith135

Guest monolith135

Ok, I don't expect to get a response for this but I will try. Will the MPX220 with tomtom software still work even if its not the tomtom gps unit. (say a 3 party gps unit) Holux GPSlim 236 to be exact) The tomtom unit I had is dead, and was thinking about another 3 party unit. I tried to search here and over at another forum but could not find the answer so I figured I'ed ask.

Thanks

(could an moderator put this in the mpx220 section --- i'm a moron and didn't look at where I was posting :) )

Edited by monolith135

Guest GarreTT

Yes this is possible. This week i did testdrive with a cheap GPS unit. I did not work out of the box. You have to make a connection with the GPS in BT Serial Port Setup and name the connection "TomTom Wireless GPS". Then it will work without a problem.

Guest monolith135

Thanks for the replies guys... :)

I read somewhere that the MPX220 dose not have serial port 7 inbound?

I know it has serial 6 outbound, dose this have any affect on what tomtom will work with.

Thanks Again,

Monolith135-----

Guest poulidis

I have the same problem. I can't get tomtom to see my receiver. I don't know which port to use so I need your help. Also many times when I try to get it to see me receiver it doesn't and the receiver isn't listed not even in the bluetooth devices... I have read some stuff about changing tha baud rate or telling you aare using a cable receiver but I ahven't found any of these option in tomtom mobile.

Please help us!!

Guest conan_troutman

when I had my mpx 220 all I did was switch on the gps reciever then open up tomtom the phone did the rest I didn't even pair the device to my phone it was done automaitcally and I never had any trouble with the conection ever. now if you go into the settings here is an option to use a third party reciever maybe selecting that then jsut starting up the program with out pairing it to the phone will yeild the same results

just a suggestion maybe you can try it and see

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dh1raj
Yes this is possible. This week i did testdrive with a cheap GPS unit. I did not work out of the box. You have to make a connection with the GPS in BT Serial Port Setup and name the connection "TomTom Wireless GPS". Then it will work without a problem.

Thanks GarreTT, I was using a BT GPS receiever and could not get it to work with TomTom. But changing the name of the GPS device to "TomTom Wireless GPS" made it work. Took me ages to find this piece of advice. Thanks again!! :D java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_3')

:D