3G speed

Guest chrissyboy6969

Guest chrissyboy6969

I am running my new HTC Tytn :) using Tmobile uk, it seems really slow for surfing the net on 3g, it hangs at locating for a while once its located it flies but this delay seems to be nearly a minute before opeing a web page, is this normal or have i got the settings wrong anyone any idea

Thanks

Chris

Guest chrissyboy6969
i am seeing the same issue.

My guess is that the device is waiting for a timeslot to be granted?

Are you using tmobile too or another network

Guest chrissyboy6969
Tmobile

interesting, does it does this when you put any address in or just the first address you put in after loading pie

Guest nickcerda

I am having the same problem on cingular in the US, whether its on the UMTS or GPRS/EDGE. after PIE is open and i have selected a page there is a pause (annoyingly long) before the page loads. I wonder if this is a PIE problem. I am going to download Opera and see if I have the same issue.

Guest Syphon Filter
I am going to download Opera and see if I have the same issue.

I had opera installed and sometimes saw the same issue. also if PIE did it, operra also did it. I am convinced it's a network/cell/timeslots thing.

unless the firmware is crap on the device or something ?

Guest nickcerda

I really think its a problem with the firmware. I have the Wizard and I never had this problem using the same sim I use in my TyTn. If it was a timeslot issue, wouldn't I see the same problem in my Wizard?

Guest Syphon Filter
I really think its a problem with the firmware. I have the Wizard and I never had this problem using the same sim I use in my TyTn. If it was a timeslot issue, wouldn't I see the same problem in my Wizard?

that depends on how tmobile handle their timeslots and bandwidth.

if its firmware then I would ay a fix needs to be released soon.

Guest chrissyboy6969

Yeah i would agree, are we all using the same firmware

Rom Version 1.18.255.3

Rom Date 05/30/06

Radio Version 1.03.03.10

Protocol Version 32.34.7010.01H

Ext Rom Version 1.18.255.105

I remember the Jasjar behaving in the same way too

Chris

Guest nickcerda
that depends on how tmobile handle their timeslots and bandwidth.

I have Cingular. Since this is not carrier dependant or browser dependant or technology dependant (GPRS, EDGE, UMTS) I would think this has to do with the rom. But I might be wrong. Does this logic sound right to anyone else?

Guest StuBFrost

I have an MDA Pro on T-Mobile and have exactly the same problem. 3G is sloooooow whilst GPRS is fine. At least it confirms to me that it isn't the hardware but probably the network !

Stuart

Guest Dr Who
I am running my new HTC Tytn :) using Tmobile uk, it seems really slow for surfing the net on 3g, it hangs at locating for a while once its located it flies but this delay seems to be nearly a minute before opeing a web page, is this normal or have i got the settings wrong anyone any idea

Thanks

Chris

Maybe it is taking a while making up its mind whether to use 3G or GPRS? Can you change the connection settings to use UMTS only? If so, if you force this change do you still get the hang?

Guest chrissyboy6969
Maybe it is taking a while making up its mind whether to use 3G or GPRS? Can you change the connection settings to use UMTS only? If so, if you force this change do you still get the hang?

Its fine this morning, in fact after signing up for webnwalk pro yesterday i am getting great speeds, see attached pic, no stalling and its not supposed to start till 23rd August, strange but i am happy now

post-184795-1154762561_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrissyboy6969

Guest StuBFrost
Its fine this morning, in fact after signing up for webnwalk pro yesterday i am getting great speeds, see attached pic, no stalling and its not supposed to start till 23rd August, strange but i am happy now

Maybe it's fine today because there isn't as much load on the network. Wait until Monday and then see what happens.

Guest Syphon Filter
Maybe it's fine today because there isn't as much load on the network. Wait until Monday and then see what happens.

which would point to a network, not device, issue.

Guest getti

Having 1.2mb would mean you have a HSDPA connection. I just hope there is something we can change so you know what coverage you are getting.

I would like the signal to show:

G for GPRS

U for UMTS (3G)

H for HSDPA.

Anyone got any ideas?

Gonna get my tytn sent on Monday to be here Tuesday.

Thanks

Guest chrissyboy6969
Having 1.2mb would mean you have a HSDPA connection. I just hope there is something we can change so you know what coverage you are getting.

I would like the signal to show:

G for GPRS

U for UMTS (3G)

H for HSDPA.

Anyone got any ideas?

Gonna get my tytn sent on Monday to be here Tuesday.

Thanks

It just shows the U as a normal 3g connection but god is this quick i am in awe

Guest chrissyboy6969

Well its Monday and i have tried it a few times and again its perfect

Guest FragMeister
Well its Monday and i have tried it a few times and again its perfect

So I guess that WnW Pro is the answer then. I would pay the extra