MTeoR Bug List

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

Pleased to say I can't find many. EDIT: Oh how I was wrong!!!

However when you re-boot the phone it does not always display the MRU icons correctly and sometimes uses the default icon instead of the actual program icon. Only happens on apps you have installed and not apps that are included in ROM.

But that wouldn't surprise me if it was some sort of permissions issue due to the locked ROM.

Edited by Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

Twice now the inbox app has lost my mail account and when I try to recreate it I have to use a different name because it thinks the account still exists.

This may be happening because I have tweaked the inbox not to show the Activesync or hotmail accounts and due to the ongoing permissions issues with this phone it may be screwing something up.

Guest Thetechnogeek
Twice now the inbox app has lost my mail account and when I try to recreate it I have to use a different name because it thinks the account still exists.

This may be happening because I have tweaked the inbox not to show the Activesync or hotmail accounts and due to the ongoing permissions issues with this phone it may be screwing something up.

A related bug- mine does not "obey" the push email schedule info which I put into Activesync- I have set it to receive mail "as it arrives" between 8.30am and 6pm. For some reason, it does not disconnect the GPRS connection at 6pm, and I regularly receive emails in the evening (so the GPRS connection is active).

Any tips on this? I can't say I've had this issue with the SP5.

The other problem is the various GPRS data counter programmes do not work on this phone, so I don't know how much data is being exhanged...

Guest fhyke

This is somewhat easily fixed by switching themes, but when viewing future dates on the calendar, unselected entries show up in white on a white background. I would switch my theme to blue, but the HTC logo is green and clashes when dialing.

Guest mhz198
A related bug- mine does not "obey" the push email schedule info which I put into Activesync- I have set it to receive mail "as it arrives" between 8.30am and 6pm. For some reason, it does not disconnect the GPRS connection at 6pm, and I regularly receive emails in the evening (so the GPRS connection is active).

Hello,

I experienced the same issue with mine. The connection had been active until I cut it down manually. :(

As for GPRS data counter, I'm trying Spb GPRS Monitor and it seems to work with some hack.

Because [Menu] > [Options] > [Connection] does not have a "Done" button, you need to configure monitoring connection by creating a string registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Spb Software House\GPRSMonitor\Profiles\#\connectionentry, whose value is your connection name to monitor. (# should be a profile number 1 or greater.)

Guest Thetechnogeek
Hello,

I experienced the same issue with mine. The connection had been active until I cut it down manually. :)

As for GPRS data counter, I'm trying Spb GPRS Monitor and it seems to work with some hack.

Because [Menu] > [Options] > [Connection] does not have a "Done" button, you need to configure monitoring connection by creating a string registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Spb Software House\GPRSMonitor\Profiles\#\connectionentry, whose value is your connection name to monitor. (# should be a profile number 1 or greater.)

Thanks- I've got spb working now. I can confirm that the phone makes a connection to check email even when the settings are set to "manual". As I found this morning when I looked at the phone and it had receieved 30k's worth of heartbeat. Fortunately my operator has finally tweaked it's settings so a day's worth of push email heartbeat is <150k

Guest politby

I have a new MtEOR and I've found an interesting problem with Bluetooth headsets. When I use my Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970, which is a stereo bluetooth headset, to make calls, the call is disconnected after about 30 seconds and the phone drops off the network (display says "No Service").

I have to use the Connection Manager to turn off the phone radio and then on again to get back onto the network. (trying to use Phone settings to find a network totally hangs the phone).

This is 100% reproduceable - happens EVERY time.

When making calls without the headset, this problem is not present.

I doubt this is a problem with my specifik headset - it works fine with my other phone, a Qtek 9100.

Anyone else seen this?

Guest politby

I found a couple of more gremlins:

• With a headset connected, I can't switch profiles. This means it's impossible to put the phone in silent mode unless I disconnect the headset.
    • Sometimes, when I have a bluetooth headset connected and a call comes in, pressing the call pickup button on the headset will disconnect the call rather than answer it.

[*]Battery life seems very short. After half a day with just a couple of calls, I'm down to one bar on the battery status meter. That's significantly inferior to my old Qtek 9100.

/POL

Guest politby
I found a couple of more gremlins:
  • With a headset connected, I can't switch profiles. This means it's impossible to put the phone in silent mode unless I disconnect the headset.
    • Sometimes, when I have a bluetooth headset connected and a call comes in, pressing the call pickup button on the headset will disconnect the call rather than answer it.
      • Battery life seems very short. After half a day with just a couple of calls, I'm down to one bar on the battery status meter. That's significantly inferior to my old Qtek 9100.

An updated one plus couple more:
  • UPDATED: When I have a bluetooth headset connected and a call comes in, pressing the call pickup button on the headset will answer the call but there is no sound (I can't hear the caller, the caller can't hear me) neither from the phone nor the headset. This problem only appears on incoming calls.

[*]Sometimes the phone will connect to a GSM network even though there is a high-signal 3G network available. Manual network selection required to get 3G.

[*]On some GSM networks, when making a call using a Bluetooth headset, the call is terminated after about 30 seconds and the phone disconnects from the network ("No Service"). Phone restart required.

[*]UPDATED: When I have a bluetooth headset connected and a call comes in, pressing the call pickup button on the headset will answer the call but there is no sound (I can't hear the caller, the caller can't hear me) neither from the phone nor the headset.

Mine goes back to the seller today. They didn't argue, especially not considering the missing bands.

/POL

Guest Thetechnogeek
I have a new MtEOR and I've found an interesting problem with Bluetooth headsets. When I use my Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970, which is a stereo bluetooth headset, to make calls, the call is disconnected after about 30 seconds and the phone drops off the network (display says "No Service").

I have to use the Connection Manager to turn off the phone radio and then on again to get back onto the network. (trying to use Phone settings to find a network totally hangs the phone).

This is 100% reproduceable - happens EVERY time.

When making calls without the headset, this problem is not present.

I doubt this is a problem with my specifik headset - it works fine with my other phone, a Qtek 9100.

Anyone else seen this?

I've not had this problem with my (albeit mono) Nokia bluetooth headset

Guest politby
I've not had this problem with my (albeit mono) Nokia bluetooth headset

The really strange thing is that it only happens on some GSM networks, never on 3G. So far, it's happened on Telia DK GSM and Sonera FI GSM.

/POL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pagemakers

If you are using your phone as a modem, say for a laptop, and your email account is set to dial every x minutes to check for mail, it interrupts the modem connection and the phone drops the data call.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest stuchad

Mine has just done this, exactly as you described. It loses all the IDs/Passwords from the GPRS settings too (Internet and MMS), and all my mobile Favourites have gone.

Regarding your explanation of possible cause, I'm not sure this is related because I have not done what you have - mine is much more vanilla.

I note that this thread is quite old - is there an update to the phone OS to fix any of this? - my ROM is 1.13.251.2 - is there a newer version? Where from?

Guest Pagemakers
Mine has just done this, exactly as you described. It loses all the IDs/Passwords from the GPRS settings too (Internet and MMS), and all my mobile Favourites have gone.

Regarding your explanation of possible cause, I'm not sure this is related because I have not done what you have - mine is much more vanilla.

I note that this thread is quite old - is there an update to the phone OS to fix any of this? - my ROM is 1.13.251.2 - is there a newer version? Where from?

Sorry I can't help. Sold the phone a long time ago. Good riddance!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stuchad

Well, after a huge amount of digging, I've found quite a number of ROMs to download. My ROM is now 1.30.251.1 with a Radio version of 1.16.00.10 on a HTC ROM. I also found a 1.34.251.1 (Radio 1.38.00.10) but failed in 5 attempts to get this to install.

So far, some of the little 'funnies' my phone was doing on a daily basis (random alarms that were not set) plus those less-frequent issues (total loss of settings for email and GPRS) haven't recurred.

I also found and downloaded an iMate ROM which I haven't tried.

Guest smith2001
No E symbol for EDGE although reg settings are correct for it:

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL

dword: EnableDifferGprsEdgeIcon = 1

i have installed the rom with the 1.38 radio and i get the Edge symbol here in the UK near brum, hell i even get the H icon in birmingham. so i know it works