Mewcenary

Why get this instead of the Universal?

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Not a troll - genuine question. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Universal right now, but the buzz seems to be around the Hermes. What advantages does it bring?

Size is surely the number one advantage. There is no way you can put a Universal comfortably in your jeans pocket but the Hermes is fine.

And HSDPA, drawbacks are smaller lower res screen and usb headphone sockedt and smaller memory card format.

Well I have been tempted by the Universal for some time, but for me it was the size, I've got a M2000 and that was the biggest I decided to go.

As per my previous thread I've got my hands on a TyTN, and I would say the plus are:

1. Size
  2. Jog Dial
  3. Camera with flash
Minuses are:
  1. Stylus
  2. A bit plastic fantasic, maybe the Vodafone's build, Orange's build looks better
  3. Micro SD, your previous Memory card collection is now defunct
I hope this is helpful...

Universal is hardly can be considered "phone" or "pocket" device :)

Its more of "classic PDA" or even ultra-ultra-subnotebook ;)

Also, Hermes battery life is tad better then Universal's (though lot worse then Wizards's).

Edited by Ingvarr

AFAIK TyTN has A2DP (Stereo Bluetooth) , unlike Universal.

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Universal battery life really is poor, you HAVE to charge at least once a day if you're actually intending to use it.

That's fine most of the time, but forget your charger on a dirty weekend away and you'll run out of power before you've finished your "home movies"... allegedly

:)

but forget your charger on a dirty weekend away and you'll run out of power before you've finished your "home movies"... allegedly

With Hermes/TyTN it will be the same, maybe just a little better, but you still need to charge it each day, and better not forget your charger if you plan to actually use the device.

Edited by Ingvarr