Paul's must have FREE Hermes software

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest randomelements
Any way to HIDE the ExtRom after unhiding it with the CAB?

You can hide it by editing the registry. Change these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\AutoLoad\EXT_FLASHDRV

"Bootphase"=dword:00000001

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\EXT_FLASHDRV

"MountHidden"=dword:00000001

Guest randomelements
Does anyone know if its possible to disable the on-screen keyboard? or atleast prevent it from automatically popping up when certain screens are loaded?

Cheers,

Stu

See Paul's post here

Thanks a lot for this post. The Battery stuff is awesome, and the Wireless Today plug-in is really useful. One thing that was annoying me with the M3100 default setup was how fiddly it was to turn wireless on and off.

Probably an obvious question - but I just wanted to check before I went ahead.

If I install the below two cabs - will they get rid of the battery icon and Conn Mgr icons at the bottom right of the screen? The battery icon i guess is obvious, but is the wireless icon and Conn Mgr one and the same?

Remove Battery icon from Today screen 'tray'

Remove Wireless icon from Today screen 'tray'

for me a must have which has only just been released is weather watcher mobile. its just been released as version 1 but I've been using it for a while as I was a beta tester for it.

www.singerscreations.com for it.

basically it does nearly everything that spb weather does except its a standalone app and its FREE !!

he is working on a today plugin and some other enhancements for version 2 already.

enjoy

Jeremy

Guest elhornet

Not sure if these have been posted or not, its a long thread!

GB-SOFT GPRS & Audio Tweak

http://www.gb-soft.cz/xdaii/

This is great for disabling gps when its not in use. Increased my battery life amazingly.

Fit 4 Cat Hermes Tweak Utility

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3256

This saves you messaing about with seperate cabs to remove/add icons, etc.

fit4cat_hermes_tweaker1.gif

I know it's been around for a while and has appeared elsewhere on the forum but one of my must-have apps in WM5 New Menu.
Fantastic. Not sure I'd use that but from the same author, a fix for SMS delivery notification so that the name is inserted in the delivery receipt. At last :rolleyes:

(http://www.saman-cz.com/ppc/index.html?nmnovrw.html)

Guest manocheese

Anyone know of a program that will let me use wma or mp3 files for sms notifications? I've been using SDSounds on my C550 and can't find anything to replace it.

There is a program called 'Ringo mobile' but that cuts the sounds off before it's finished playing.

Not sure if these have been posted or not, its a long thread!

GB-SOFT GPRS & Audio Tweak

http://www.gb-soft.cz/xdaii/

This is great for disabling gps when its not in use. Increased my battery life amazingly.

Fit 4 Cat Hermes Tweak Utility

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3256

This saves you messaing about with seperate cabs to remove/add icons, etc.

fit4cat_hermes_tweaker1.gif

Hi - In GB-SOFT GPRS & Audio Tweak - have you managed to get the disconnect time if Idle for gprs to go below 10 minutes? Coz i cannot.

Guest FragMeister
Hi - In GB-SOFT GPRS & Audio Tweak - have you managed to get the disconnect time if Idle for gprs to go below 10 minutes? Coz i cannot.

I Can!

Tap to "highlight" the timeout slider and then use the d-pad to move left/right in ONE MINUTE steps

More Software that I think is pretty handy:

InClose [FREE] - Alternative to Magic Button, works with themes better, has an exclusion list very cool -

Qmail v3 [FREE] - Very good email program, works with Gmail! -

DontForget [FREE] - Reminds you of Missed Calls, SMS, Emails and more... (Like a Motorola) -

PocketPicture [FREE] - Uber Paint for WM5 (Requires .Net 2.0) -

New Menu [FREE] - Allows you to lanch "New" SMS, Calls, Email etc from a Soft Key -

SMS Delivery Reciept Fix [FREE] - Changes the number on a Delivery Report to a Contact Name, Allows you to adjust SMS Sent Notification -

InClose is a great alternative to Magic Button, give it a go!

Guest lalo_chile
You can copy them onto the device or storage card - when you click on the cab it asks you whether you want the program installed on the device, card or once you've got it showing -extended rom. The folder you copy the cab into doesn't really matter.

Thanks to everyone. :rolleyes:

one more question, I got the extended ROM, but I still have at the Memory of Program free memory, and I can