How to hard reset the Hermes

Guest PaulOBrien

• 1 month later...
Guest davieira

Hey there,

I hope someone can help me here...

I have a T-Mobile MDA Vario II and I installed a program called nyditot.

It asked me to soft reset the phone... when I did it, it hangs on boot, don't even appears a windows mobile boot screen. Hangs on the startup (T-Mobile screen)

Now, I can't restart my phone... I tried to hard reset, but didn't work... Just hold the buttons below the screen and then the reset button?

I did that, and could not hard reset it :)

Is there anything I can try?

Thank you for any help!

• 2 months later...
Guest Stryda

SOMEONE HELP!!!! i have a MDA Vario II which my stupid little bro has put a password on...he now cant remeber the password because he says he didnt put it on the first place. IDIOT!!!! I Have tried 2 hard reset but i dnt even kno if i am doing it correctly...which buttons do i exactly press and hold (is it the button with the speech bubble on the left and the the button just below the power button on the right...im sorry but im useless with phones ;) ) anyways i have tried 2 follow the solutions peaople have posted but it keeps coming back to the password screen arghhhhhh!!!...Im gonna kill the little BRAT!!! LOL

SOMEONE HELP!!!! i have a MDA Vario II which my stupid little bro has put a password on...he now cant remeber the password because he says he didnt put it on the first place. IDIOT!!!! I Have tried 2 hard reset but i dnt even kno if i am doing it correctly...which buttons do i exactly press and hold (is it the button with the speech bubble on the left and the the button just below the power button on the right...im sorry but im useless with phones :( ) anyways i have tried 2 follow the solutions peaople have posted but it keeps coming back to the password screen arghhhhhh!!!...Im gonna kill the little BRAT!!! LOL

The Hard Reset procedure is:

Hold down the two soft-keys (the ones below the screen) and while you have them held down you poke the reset button with your stylus. You'll then see a message on the screen saying 'press R to reset, X to exit'. Pressing the R key on the keyboard will hard-reset the device. It'll now take a few minutes to reboot and load all of the operator customisation etc.

Good luck and hope it solves the problem with the password! ;)

Oh....and welcome to Modaco! :D

Edited by Guest

Guest Stryda
The Hard Reset procedure is:

Hold down the two soft-keys (the ones below the screen) and while you have them held down you poke the reset button with your stylus. You'll then see a message on the screen saying 'press R to reset, X to exit'. Pressing the R key on the keyboard will hard-reset the device. It'll now take a few minutes to reboot and load all of the operator customisation etc.

Good luck and hope it solves the problem with the password! ;)

Oh....and welcome to Modaco! :D

Hi Thanks so much for the reply but after having going offline i did exactly what you said and it worked...dunno how i thought of to do that but for some reason i decided to try it and it worked YAY!!!!! The thing is alot of peaople have been saying alot of different things so its very confusing i think some of the people just been making things up lol....Anyways its ok now :( but once again thanks for taking the time to reply....U may have just stoped me from killing my lil BRAT of a brother!!!!

Thanks for the welcome this forum is amazing....also can any tell me if theres any cool stuff i can nbow put on my MDA as ive lost everything!!! :)

• 3 months later...