CellTrack On WM5 :D

Guest The Doctor

Guest The Doctor

After trawling across the spv-developers website i came across a QVGA build (BETA 8.4) of CellTrack designed to work on a Cingular 2125. Tried it on my Qtek 8310 with no luck but with a small reg tweak:

HKLM>IDENT>OrigName = 2125_209

[EDIT: For those of you using the imate AKU2 ROM use the value SPV_C600 instead as aparently the ROM handles the cellID differently to other tornado platform roms.....]

IT WORKS ;)

those interested in celltrack can find the program atached to this post :)

For those who don't know what CellTrack is, its a means of determining your location by using the CellID of a radio mast in conjunction with an online database of names for each CellID.

Phil

CellTrack.zip

Edited by The Doctor

Guest pankul
Nobody interested in CellTrack? :)

Phil

I had tried it a while ago on my sp3, but since it did not work on my sp5m i gave up.

I had tagged all cellsites on my commute between work and home.

Guest kelv23
Nice one!

/me waits patiently for a Hermes build :)

P

I just get this

" The trust level for this process is too low.It appear that your phone is application locked"

no its not.....

Guest merwin
I just get this

" The trust level for this process is too low.It appear that your phone is application locked"

no its not.....

Go into the registry editor, to:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

and add the following DWORD value (if it doesn't exist)

0000101b

with a value of 1

Reboot and you should be fine.

Guest The Doctor
Just tried it and it looks great on the phone!

But cant seem to get it to work

[EDIT: FIXED ;) see top post :)]

Edited by The Doctor

Guest cuchulain

I'm also getting the trust error , and when i try to edit the key to 1, from 0 , i get an error message ???

any thoughts , anyone ?

Phone is definately app unlocked ...

??

Go into the registry editor, to:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

and add the following DWORD value (if it doesn't exist)

0000101b

with a value of 1

Reboot and you should be fine.

Guest The Doctor
Yep, it has to use your data connection in order to connect to the cell track website.

you can however disable connection to the database in the OlineDB menu. however you will have to manually enter your location into celltrack..

Phil

Guest zeeyen
After trawling across the spv-developers website i came across a QVGA build (BETA 8.4) of CellTrack designed to work on a Cingular 2125. Tried it on my Qtek 8310 with no luck but with a small reg tweak:

HKLM>IDENT>OrigName = 2125_209

[EDIT: For those of you using the imate AKU2 ROM use the value SPV_C600 instead as aparently the ROM handles the cellID differently to other tornado platform roms.....]

IT WORKS :D

those interested in celltrack can find the program atached to this post :D

For those who don't know what CellTrack is, its a means of determining your location by using the CellID of a radio mast in conjunction with an online database of names for each CellID.

Phil

Am using Dopod 577W (Asian variant of Qtek 8310) - followed your instructions and dun seem to work. CellID are shown as 000-00-0-0.

Any ideas?

Guest The Doctor
Am using Dopod 577W (Asian variant of Qtek 8310) - followed your instructions and dun seem to work. CellID are shown as 000-00-0-0.

Any ideas?

Whats the value in the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Ident>Origname?

Phil

Guest The Doctor
2125_209

try the value SPV_C600 instead zeeyen.

it'll give you a estimation of where you are. but not as accurate as gps and can't tell you how to get to somewhere :D

phil

Guest zeeyen
try the value SPV_C600 instead zeeyen.

it'll give you a estimation of where you are. but not as accurate as gps and can't tell you how to get to somewhere :D

phil

Works like a charm. Love ya dude.

• 8 months later...
Guest 21aekr

Is there anyone here,to explain me how to install & use it on a HTC p3600 device ?Or anyone knows a similar sw for gsm/umts net monitoring ? (specially something similar to Nokia net monitor or Ericcson Tems) ? Thanks

Guest dishe

I've heard of celltrack, but I'm a little bit confused as to what its good for?

Obviously you can't use celltrack for gps navigation because it only approximates how far you are from any given tower in any direction, and without triangulation.

Is it just a novelty, or can it be used for something useful or cool?

I remember there was a symbian app that would automatically run scripts based on what cell tower you're connected to. For example, turn off your ringer and set it to silent when you are in the library or your office, turn it back on automatically when you leave, etc...

THAT would be great to have on windows mobile, but so far I don't see that kind of function with what I'm reading about celltrack...

Guest little_mumford
I've heard of celltrack, but I'm a little bit confused as to what its good for?

Obviously you can't use celltrack for gps navigation because it only approximates how far you are from any given tower in any direction, and without triangulation.

Is it just a novelty, or can it be used for something useful or cool?

I remember there was a symbian app that would automatically run scripts based on what cell tower you're connected to. For example, turn off your ringer and set it to silent when you are in the library or your office, turn it back on automatically when you leave, etc...

THAT would be great to have on windows mobile, but so far I don't see that kind of function with what I'm reading about celltrack...

IF you want to change settings such as profiles ect. on your phoen CPS Switcher is what you want you can get it here: http://maniac.fschreiner.de/content/view/9/18/

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Nobody interested in CellTrack? :)

Phil

I've interest in CellTrack, In fact that site has closed its download. Luckily I found yours..

Anyway I thought about this idea 2 years back, now its available as software..

1. Location based alarm..

2. Location based profile switching... .. etc.

Thanks..