change startup and shutdown pic and sound...

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

Ive visited a site http://www.molski.biz/

There are alot of tweaks and cabs for the HTC Wizard. Much of the registry settings are the same as the HTC Tornado, and so they can be applied to each other. The one of few exceptions to this is the edit to change the wireless B(11Mbps) to G(54Mbps). I couldnt find the setting in the SDA to do this. But here's some samples:

Do exercise caution if ya arent to familiar with editing the reg, cant stress that enough!

*change startup and shutdown pic and sound:*

Key: HKLM\Software\HTC\Startup

Value: image

value data: \windows\TMO startup.gif

value type: REG SZ

Value: Wav

Value data: \windows\T-Movbile startup.wav

Value type: REG SZ

Key: HKLM\Software\HTC\shutdown

Value: image

value data: \windows\TMO shutdown.gif

value: wav

value data: \windows\T-Mobile shutdown.wav

*Try to use other images and sounds atmost the same size and store to the \windows\ so memory wont be hogged!

*improve sound quality:*

HKLM\Software\HTC\AUDIOGAIN(x)\RECEIVE_UPLINK_VOLUME = CC (DWORD hexadecimal)

HKLM\Software\HTC\AUDIOGAIN(x)\EARPHONE_UPLINK_VOLUME = CC (DWORD hexadecimal)

where 'x' = 0, 1, 2

Can some ppl with other type's of the Tornado provide their Operator sounds and images to use as startup and shutdown? Here's T-Mobile's:

post-65276-1155872359_thumb.gif

T_Mobile_shutdown.wav

post-65276-1155872392_thumb.gif

T_Mobile_startup.wav

Edited by grumpy_old_technobyte

i tried replacing the default images (basically the t-mobile startup and shutdown) in the windows folder and restarted my phone to test, but the t-mobile defaults still show up. any idea how to tweak this?

Did you go into the registry and change the name to the new gif's after putting them into the \windows\? Or did you just replace the originals? This works just like the button remapping.

If anyone who has Orange or Cingular can give me their startup & shutdowns, much appreciated!

Edited by grumpy_old_technobyte

If anyone who has Orange or Cingular can give me their startup & shutdowns, much appreciated!

Hi

I've got french C600 / orange rom.

shutdown gif is rightly in windows directory as mentioned, but startup isn't (and neither indicated in mentioned reg key). I've got one in ROM extension, I've extracted it and converted to jpg.

startup: post-198514-1155943657_thumb.jpg - shutdown: post-198514-1155943747_thumb.gif

(shutdown gif doesn't loopback...)

Edited by scudo

Did you go into the registry and change the name to the new gif's after putting them into the \windows\? Or did you just replace the originals? This works just like the button remapping.

i did it both ways. should i change the directory from windows to something else? i cant get it to work either way - perhaps because my phone is the US version?

i did it both ways. should i change the directory from windows to something else? i cant get it to work either way - perhaps because my phone is the US version?

If ya cant get it manually, you can also use the TyphoonNFTools.exe. It will allow you to change without going into registry. Read the post:

http://www.modaco.com/What-is-the-best-ROM...5m-t243682.html

Instructions and download 8 posts down by The Doctor.

Thanx for the O2 startup/ shutdown's Scudo.

Can anyone provide Imate's, Cingular's or Qtek's?

Thanx for the O2 startup/ shutdown's Scudo.

Can anyone provide Imate's, Cingular's or Qtek's?

Hi

welcome for O2 images :D

I can give you startup screen of imate SP5, Cingular2125 and finaly Qtek8310, as I retrieve them from last ROM available on imate / cingular / Qtek web... :D

sorry, I don't have shutdown screens.... I don't know how to extract this file from OS image :D

post-198514-1156193416_thumb.jpg - post-198514-1156193465_thumb.jpg - post-198514-1156197718_thumb.jpg

Edited by scudo

If ya cant get it manually, you can also use the TyphoonNFTools.exe. It will allow you to change without going into registry. Read the post:

http://www.modaco.com/What-is-the-best-ROM...5m-t243682.html

Instructions and download 8 posts down by The Doctor.

is there any way to change the other two startup screens on the t-mobile SDA as well as the shutdown screen with the tool you provided a link to? i used the tool to change the initial startup screen and it worked but after a few seconds it switches back to the animated t-mobile screen and then the windows mobile screen. i poked around the tool menus but i was unable to find a way to change these additional screens.

anyone have any ideas?

is there any way to change the other two startup screens on the t-mobile SDA as well as the shutdown screen with the tool you provided a link to? i used the tool to change the initial startup screen and it worked but after a few seconds it switches back to the animated t-mobile screen and then the windows mobile screen. i poked around the tool menus but i was unable to find a way to change these additional screens.

anyone have any ideas?

Hi

no, TyphonNBFtool can change the startup screen, as it is loaded before wm5 and is in the bootrom.

to change the other startup screens & the shutdown, it's in registry as mentionned in first post of this topic.

Guest lopezpm
Hi

no, TyphonNBFtool can change the startup screen, as it is loaded before wm5 and is in the bootrom.

to change the other startup screens & the shutdown, it's in registry as mentionned in first post of this topic.

The SDA should be close enough to the 2125. Here's where the 2125 has them:

HKEY Local Machine\System\Shutdown\1

HKEY Local Machine\System\Startup\1

HKEY Local Machine\System\Startup\2

Guest skippythenurse

Now, just to let y'all know, I do not have any artistic talent by any means of any imaginations, unless when it comes to music. That being said, I wanted a HTC splash screen and so I created my own crappy version, if someone has a better version, by all means, post it and thank-you in advance.

htchc6.png

anyone have any ideas?

Using both my method listed 1st and Lopezpm (thanks for listing 2125, its the same style with SDA), you should be able to remove and add new splashes.

Try also adding these edits:

*original Tmobile start and shutdown splashes*

HKLM/system/startup

1. DO Nothing

2.splash \windows\TMO startup.gif

3.splash \windows\ms_splash.png

HKLM/system/shutdown

1.Do Nothing

2.\windows\Shutdown.jpg

HKLM/software/htc/startup

image \windows\TMO startup.gif

HKLM/software/htc/shutdown

image \windows\TMO shutdown.gif

wav \windows\T-Mobile shutdown.wav

If you manually edit these also you will be able to change the shutdown splash. Im using the Cingular startup and Vodafone shutdown now. I changed the jpg images to PNG and it works fine too (I dont think that's important though). I tried using the HTC image (from skippythenurse) to replace the ms_splash image on startup, but it wouldnt work. That's the only thing I havent gotten to work so far.

Also Im trying to cut down wav sounds of a motorcycle revving up and a crappy car trying to start to use also!

Nice collection of splashes!!!! If you can afford the room, you should also try the QVGA quality screens at Mobiholics!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

When i was about to try this nice thing, got tired of the standard startup screen, i found out that there is nothing called "startup" nor "shutdown" for me in the Regedit :S

What could/should i do? I am using a Qtek 8310

LOL! found it... it was in "system"

Edited by hempo

• 5 months later...
Guest fruitloopajd
Hello!

When i was about to try this nice thing, got tired of the standard startup screen, i found out that there is nothing called "startup" nor "shutdown" for me in the Regedit :S

What could/should i do? I am using a Qtek 8310

LOL! found it... it was in "system"

Hi.

I have got both the orange startup and shut down images. How do i put them on my phone and make them work as starting up and shutting down?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kwoodall

My artistic attempt at HTC branded startup/shutdown display screens. However I couldn't get the animation to work on my 2125 - any ideas why? I just see the first frame.

Kermit

Guest kwoodall

My artistic attempt at HTC branded startup/shutdown display screens. However I couldn't get the animation to work on my 2125 - any ideas why? I just see the first frame.

Kermit

post-199124-1175627095_thumb.gif

post-199124-1175627137_thumb.gif

post-199124-1175627146_thumb.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Rolandhurt01

I have got the Startup and Shutdown Screens to change 2 T-Mobiles, just need an animated Shutdown Screen if anyone has got an animated T-Mobile Shutdown Screen then PM me please. Also I am having trouble changing my startup and shutdown sounds to T-Mobile ones.

• 1 year later...
Guest nattippy
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could send me the o2 startup/shutdown screensavers. If you can, please send them to [email protected].

please could i have the same, but i want them for my LGKP500 and when i try the Vodafone/Tmobile Ones as startup it says file to big. and the default lg startup one is 32Kb i think it lets you go upto 100 kb and the size is 240x400 thanks, if not that size i will stretch anyways. lol thanks

Email them to plz: [email protected]

;):):D

• 1 month later...
Guest nattippy

Can Anybody Send Me Too The o2 startup - shutdown images.

and it dosent matter if their not, but anyone who has the 240x400 ones would be perfect.

if not i will resize them myself.

[email protected]

please email them to that adress

thanks, goodbye

nattippy

Guest nattippy
Hi

I've got french C600 / orange rom.

shutdown gif is rightly in windows directory as mentioned, but startup isn't (and neither indicated in mentioned reg key). I've got one in ROM extension, I've extracted it and converted to jpg.

startup: post-198514-1155943657_thumb.jpg - shutdown: post-198514-1155943747_thumb.gif

(shutdown gif doesn't loopback...)

i have downloaded your shutdown

works fine thanks great.

do you happen to have a .gif version of orange startup.

thanks

• 1 year later...