MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

change startup and shutdown pic and sound...

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ive visited a site http://www.molski.biz/

There are alot of tweaks and cabs for the HTC Wizard. Much of the registry settings are the same as the HTC Tornado, and so they can be applied to each other. The one of few exceptions to this is the edit to change the wireless B(11Mbps) to G(54Mbps). I couldnt find the setting in the SDA to do this. But here's some samples:

Do exercise caution if ya arent to familiar with editing the reg, cant stress that enough!

*change startup and shutdown pic and sound:*

Key: HKLM\Software\HTC\Startup

Value: image

value data: \windows\TMO startup.gif

value type: REG SZ

Value: Wav

Value data: \windows\T-Movbile startup.wav

Value type: REG SZ

Key: HKLM\Software\HTC\shutdown

Value: image

value data: \windows\TMO shutdown.gif

value: wav

value data: \windows\T-Mobile shutdown.wav

*Try to use other images and sounds atmost the same size and store to the \windows\ so memory wont be hogged!

*improve sound quality:*

HKLM\Software\HTC\AUDIOGAIN(x)\RECEIVE_UPLINK_VOLUME = CC (DWORD hexadecimal)

HKLM\Software\HTC\AUDIOGAIN(x)\EARPHONE_UPLINK_VOLUME = CC (DWORD hexadecimal)

where 'x' = 0, 1, 2

Can some ppl with other type's of the Tornado provide their Operator sounds and images to use as startup and shutdown? Here's T-Mobile's:

post-65276-1155872359_thumb.gif

T_Mobile_shutdown.wav

post-65276-1155872392_thumb.gif

T_Mobile_startup.wav

Edited by grumpy_old_technobyte

Posted · Report post

i tried replacing the default images (basically the t-mobile startup and shutdown) in the windows folder and restarted my phone to test, but the t-mobile defaults still show up. any idea how to tweak this?

Did you go into the registry and change the name to the new gif's after putting them into the \windows\? Or did you just replace the originals? This works just like the button remapping.

If anyone who has Orange or Cingular can give me their startup & shutdowns, much appreciated!

Edited by grumpy_old_technobyte

If anyone who has Orange or Cingular can give me their startup & shutdowns, much appreciated!

Hi

I've got french C600 / orange rom.

shutdown gif is rightly in windows directory as mentioned, but startup isn't (and neither indicated in mentioned reg key). I've got one in ROM extension, I've extracted it and converted to jpg.

startup: post-198514-1155943657_thumb.jpg - shutdown: post-198514-1155943747_thumb.gif

(shutdown gif doesn't loopback...)

Edited by scudo

Posted · Report post

Did you go into the registry and change the name to the new gif's after putting them into the \windows\? Or did you just replace the originals? This works just like the button remapping.

i did it both ways. should i change the directory from windows to something else? i cant get it to work either way - perhaps because my phone is the US version?

Posted · Report post

i did it both ways. should i change the directory from windows to something else? i cant get it to work either way - perhaps because my phone is the US version?

If ya cant get it manually, you can also use the TyphoonNFTools.exe. It will allow you to change without going into registry. Read the post:

http://www.modaco.com/What-is-the-best-ROM...5m-t243682.html

Instructions and download 8 posts down by The Doctor.

Thanx for the O2 startup/ shutdown's Scudo.

Can anyone provide Imate's, Cingular's or Qtek's?

Posted · Report post

If ya cant get it manually, you can also use the TyphoonNFTools.exe. It will allow you to change without going into registry. Read the post:

awesome!! thank you for your help!

Thanx for the O2 startup/ shutdown's Scudo.

Can anyone provide Imate's, Cingular's or Qtek's?

Hi

welcome for O2 images :D

I can give you startup screen of imate SP5, Cingular2125 and finaly Qtek8310, as I retrieve them from last ROM available on imate / cingular / Qtek web... :D

sorry, I don't have shutdown screens.... I don't know how to extract this file from OS image :D

post-198514-1156193416_thumb.jpg - post-198514-1156193465_thumb.jpg - post-198514-1156197718_thumb.jpg

Edited by scudo

Posted · Report post

is there any way to change the other two startup screens on the t-mobile SDA as well as the shutdown screen with the tool you provided a link to? i used the tool to change the initial startup screen and it worked but after a few seconds it switches back to the animated t-mobile screen and then the windows mobile screen. i poked around the tool menus but i was unable to find a way to change these additional screens.

anyone have any ideas?

Posted · Report post

is there any way to change the other two startup screens on the t-mobile SDA as well as the shutdown screen with the tool you provided a link to? i used the tool to change the initial startup screen and it worked but after a few seconds it switches back to the animated t-mobile screen and then the windows mobile screen. i poked around the tool menus but i was unable to find a way to change these additional screens.

anyone have any ideas?

Hi

no, TyphonNBFtool can change the startup screen, as it is loaded before wm5 and is in the bootrom.

to change the other startup screens & the shutdown, it's in registry as mentionned in first post of this topic.

Posted · Report post

Hi

no, TyphonNBFtool can change the startup screen, as it is loaded before wm5 and is in the bootrom.

to change the other startup screens & the shutdown, it's in registry as mentionned in first post of this topic.

The SDA should be close enough to the 2125. Here's where the 2125 has them:

HKEY Local Machine\System\Shutdown\1

HKEY Local Machine\System\Startup\1

HKEY Local Machine\System\Startup\2

Posted · Report post

Now, just to let y'all know, I do not have any artistic talent by any means of any imaginations, unless when it comes to music. That being said, I wanted a HTC splash screen and so I created my own crappy version, if someone has a better version, by all means, post it and thank-you in advance.

htchc6.png

And Voda's crappy animated ones for completeness

post-2937-1156499358_thumb.gif post-2937-1156499481_thumb.gif

Edited by looeee

Posted · Report post

anyone have any ideas?

Using both my method listed 1st and Lopezpm (thanks for listing 2125, its the same style with SDA), you should be able to remove and add new splashes.

Try also adding these edits:

*original Tmobile start and shutdown splashes*

HKLM/system/startup

1. DO Nothing

2.splash \windows\TMO startup.gif

3.splash \windows\ms_splash.png

HKLM/system/shutdown

1.Do Nothing

2.\windows\Shutdown.jpg

HKLM/software/htc/startup

image \windows\TMO startup.gif

HKLM/software/htc/shutdown

image \windows\TMO shutdown.gif

wav \windows\T-Mobile shutdown.wav

If you manually edit these also you will be able to change the shutdown splash. Im using the Cingular startup and Vodafone shutdown now. I changed the jpg images to PNG and it works fine too (I dont think that's important though). I tried using the HTC image (from skippythenurse) to replace the ms_splash image on startup, but it wouldnt work. That's the only thing I havent gotten to work so far.

Also Im trying to cut down wav sounds of a motorcycle revving up and a crappy car trying to start to use also!

Nice collection of splashes!!!! If you can afford the room, you should also try the QVGA quality screens at Mobiholics!

Hello!

When i was about to try this nice thing, got tired of the standard startup screen, i found out that there is nothing called "startup" nor "shutdown" for me in the Regedit :S

What could/should i do? I am using a Qtek 8310

LOL! found it... it was in "system"

Edited by hempo

Hello!

Did U have Voda startup & shutdown (240X320) in red

just like this

startup.gifshutdown.gif

Edited by jzwjk

Posted · Report post

Hello!

When i was about to try this nice thing, got tired of the standard startup screen, i found out that there is nothing called "startup" nor "shutdown" for me in the Regedit :S

What could/should i do? I am using a Qtek 8310

LOL! found it... it was in "system"

Hi.

I have got both the orange startup and shut down images. How do i put them on my phone and make them work as starting up and shutting down?

Posted · Report post

My artistic attempt at HTC branded startup/shutdown display screens. However I couldn't get the animation to work on my 2125 - any ideas why? I just see the first frame.

Kermit

Posted · Report post

My artistic attempt at HTC branded startup/shutdown display screens. However I couldn't get the animation to work on my 2125 - any ideas why? I just see the first frame.

Kermit

post-199124-1175627095_thumb.gif

post-199124-1175627137_thumb.gif

post-199124-1175627146_thumb.gif

Posted · Report post

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could send me the o2 startup/shutdown screensavers. If you can, please send them to [email protected]

Posted · Report post

I have got the Startup and Shutdown Screens to change 2 T-Mobiles, just need an animated Shutdown Screen if anyone has got an animated T-Mobile Shutdown Screen then PM me please. Also I am having trouble changing my startup and shutdown sounds to T-Mobile ones.

Posted · Report post

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could send me the o2 startup/shutdown screensavers. If you can, please send them to [email protected]

please could i have the same, but i want them for my LGKP500 and when i try the Vodafone/Tmobile Ones as startup it says file to big. and the default lg startup one is 32Kb i think it lets you go upto 100 kb and the size is 240x400 thanks, if not that size i will stretch anyways. lol thanks

Email them to plz: [email protected]

;):):D

Posted · Report post

Can Anybody Send Me Too The o2 startup - shutdown images.

and it dosent matter if their not, but anyone who has the 240x400 ones would be perfect.

if not i will resize them myself.

[email protected]

please email them to that adress

thanks, goodbye

nattippy

Posted · Report post

Hi

I've got french C600 / orange rom.

shutdown gif is rightly in windows directory as mentioned, but startup isn't (and neither indicated in mentioned reg key). I've got one in ROM extension, I've extracted it and converted to jpg.

startup: post-198514-1155943657_thumb.jpg - shutdown: post-198514-1155943747_thumb.gif

(shutdown gif doesn't loopback...)

i have downloaded your shutdown

works fine thanks great.

do you happen to have a .gif version of orange startup.

thanks

Posted · Report post

orange startup animation is static image B)