Mteor- application unlock solution

Guest Thetechnogeek

Anyone remember the default settings? I need to return the phone to the vendor and forgot to make a note of the default reg settings.

Back everything up and hard reset!

Start > Accessories > Clear Storage

Guest pilatus12

Naturally :rolleyes:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (Default=2)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Default=16)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001017 = 144 (Default=128)

Guest osiris8

Great work - I now have an unlocked MTeor!

At first it gave me quite a scare though. Once I'd unlocked the phone and restarted it, my computer wouldn't recognize it anymore. Windows kept saying "An error has occured in a usb device". A computer reboot and MTeor reset (remove battery) made everything return to normal though.

So, to the luxury problem: where do I get great apps? :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest Warrenk

Hi there

Thank you for your help on the unlock issue. I unlocked my old phone, but it broke and has now been replaced. The problem is that I can't download "regeditSTG2.exe" to go through the process again. :rolleyes:

I don't suppose you know where I can get a copy do you?

Thanks all

Regards

Warren

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bass2rez

Hi Everyone,

As this thread has grown quite long and there is a lot of very useful information about unlocking the Mteor, I thought I would summarise how to unlock the phone and re-send the required files so people don't have to keep trawling through the thread. I followed this procedure and successfully unlocked my Mteor.

1. Copy the attached regeditSTG2.exe file to the phone via ActiveSync 4.2 (or however else you choose to copy the file to the phone)

2. Use regeditSTG2.exe to modify the following phone registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 144

3. Run SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe from the PC with the Mteor connected via ActiveSync. This will unlock the phone.

4. Disconnect and switch the phone off then back on again.

5. Confirm the phone is unlocked by copying CheckLock.exe to the phone and running it.

Cheers,

Steve

MteorUnlock.zip

• 2 months later...
Guest spittle

Hi

I fell into a bit of a trap and purchased a smartphone as opposed to a PocketPC phone, did not realise the slight differences. So my question is if I followed the above process in unlocking applications on my HTC Breeze (imate SP JAS) will this allow me to run pocket pc applications on the phone?

I know that it does not have a stylus, but hopefully will be happy just using tabbing or the joystick to navigate menus. (It is a database application called UpToDate) Its requirements are Pocket PC 5 + 2GB SD card and active sync + stylus support.

Fingers crossed, I can hack the phone to allow me to do this, otherwise I have wasted alot of money!

(FYI - only after one week of having the phone, the joystick broke or went loose it has been repaired under warranty)

If the method described above is not intended to trick smartphones to use pocket pc based apps, then what is its purpose?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MasSwede
You CANNOT copy this file to your phone using the explore option from activesync. If you do not have a microSD reader/writer for your PC, you're out of luck, sorry.

I renamed regeditSTG2.exe to regeditSTG2.bin, moved it to my MTeor with Activesync and renamed it back to .exe in the phone. Worked nicely (I had no microSDcard)

Thank for the tip Thetechnogeek

• 1 month later...
Guest dk_123

the regeditSTG2.exe also works on HTC S310 (HTC Oxygen) when run from sc card

SDA application unlock tool, works after the reg keys has been changed and checklock reports the phone to be unlocked

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest gruffalo

The SDA_ApplicationUnlock utility was unable to open my HTC Mteor. But then I manually changed to

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 144

rebooted, and then the SDA_ApplicationUnlock utility was able to to its thing. Checklock confirms it too.

m

• 2 months later...
Guest sbirulino

I changed the keys :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 144

Executed SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe

Executed CheckLock.exe

But when the installation of TOM TOM 5 or 6 is stopped. ;)

HTC contact center say to call tom tom contact center!

Please, can you help me?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello I am new to this forum, although I long ago that I read it.

I am holder of a htc mteor and I followed all the steps to unlock, Sda application tells me that the result is satisfactory, and when restart, I am ckecklock, and I said that it was not released, as do to achieve this?

My IPL-0, 90

SPL-2, 05

Company Vodafone Spain.

Sorry if it seems a letter from the Indians, but I have done with a translator.

Thanks and welcome

Edited by breda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am new on this forum and i have a problem.I copy regedit to phone (mem card) but when i try to execut them it look for COMMAND and PARAMETERS.So,what to type in thiese fileds?Sorry,but i am new in smartphone zone. P.S. my phone is spv c700,and idon't use orange.I use a difrent operator.edit.gif

Edited by zika

• 1 month later...
Guest Delva Andy Gardy
Naturally :D

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESecurityPoliciesPolicies0001001 = 1 (Default=2)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESecurityPoliciesPolicies0001005 = 40 (Default=16)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESecurityPoliciesPolicies0001017 = 144 (Default=128)

thank you for your help i folow the steps my says "the phone is not locke" but i a nother carier sim card the phone show simlock you have tried 7 times please wait for retry

my phone model is a tmobile dash

• 7 months later...
Guest NAGAYAMA
OK, we have an application unlock solution for the Mteor at last.

You need to use the attached reg editor.

1. Copy the regeditSTG2.exe to the root directory of your storage card using a DIRECT card reader/writer FROM YOUR PC. You CANNOT copy this file to your phone using the explore option from activesync. If you do not have a microSD reader/writer for your PC, you're out of luck, sorry.

2. Put the microSD back in your phone, and open regeditSTG2 from file manager.

3. Change the following values as per previous WM5 installations

That's it, you're done. I can now run unsigned apps on my phone.

Yipee!

• 6 months later...
Guest CanopenR
Drag and drop- didn't try that. I guess the exact reg settings which need to be changed depend on the application? I have changed mine as in my post above, and works fine for unsigned apps now.

I think the biggest hurdle here was finding a reg editor which the Mteor would listen to, so credit to whoever wrote regeditSTG2!

I have a Matrix Pro. Running windows 6.2 std.. YOu program says it's unlockable.. any ideals how to fix this..