• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

WIN a SPV C600 MoDaCo Edition!

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

gallery_110894_36_20856.jpggallery_110894_36_7358.jpg

As many of you will know, at the recent MoDaCo Summer Event in London, attendees were lucky enough to receive a very very limited Edition SPV C600 MoDaCo Edition, pictured above, in beautiful white with MoDaCo branding. Only 55 were (and ever will be made), and they were strictly for attendees of the event.

Despite being such an awesome collectors item, one has recently appeared on eBay. Their loss is your gain however... I have purchased the handset and i'm GIVING IT AWAY TO A RANDOM PLUS MEMBER! :D

To be eligible to win, all you need to do is be a Plus member at the time of the draw, at 9pm on Friday 1st September.

MoDaCo Plus is the easiest and best way to support MoDaCo and get some awesome benefits for yourself too... full details can be found here. After over 3 years of 'Plus'... this is my way of saying 'Thank You' :D

P

Posted · Report post

Why in God's name anyone would want to sell one of those is beyond me!

Posted · Report post

Why in God's name anyone would want to sell one of those is beyond me!

I just wish I could have seen it before paul :D I can't afford plus right now. Maybe in Sept.

Posted · Report post

its wonderful to hear someone loved their special gift from modaco enough to flog it :D

I've been using mine heavily lately, and my boss over here at tmobile isn't too keen on seeing it on the shopfloor lol

nice to see my photography getting an airing again :D

best of luck to all plus members!

Posted · Report post

Were you able to find out who it was who flogged it, or had they hidden their tracks?

Maybe they're reading this now, and thinking "oops, I've been caught out :D "

Posted · Report post

I know who it was, yeah :D He's not the only one either.

Technically there's no reason why they can't be sold... I think next time we'll mark them 'not for resale' tho :D

P

Posted · Report post

Nice to see they appreciate what you've done so much to just go out and flog them. :D

Lets hope they don't get to benefit from future meets.

Posted · Report post

I know who it was, yeah :D He's not the only one either.

Technically there's no reason why they can't be sold... I think next time we'll mark them 'not for resale' tho :D

P

Do you really think it'll make ANY difference? :D

Posted · Report post

Very nice of you, Paul - best of luck to the Plus members!

Posted · Report post

Surely my spare for having not turned up is kicking around somewhere ::grumble:: :D

Posted · Report post

Holdonaminute! :D

Everyone who turned up to an event got a free phone?! :D

Posted · Report post

ooooh yeah

:D

P

Posted · Report post

Holdonaminute! :D

Everyone who turned up to an event got a free phone?! :D

Of course we did :D

Why weren't you there?

Posted · Report post

I think I'll have to come to the next event. If you make it worth my while Paul. :D

Posted · Report post

I think I'll have to come to the next event. If you make it worth my while Paul. :D

A White MoDaCo M3100 would be nice.... I'd like to sign up now please :D

been meaning to sign up to plus for ages.... its just the case of finding a spare

Posted · Report post

students discount perhaps? :D

Phil

Bah, I'll charge u more if ur not careful :D

hehe

P

Posted · Report post

Bah, I'll charge u more if ur not careful :D

hehe

P

:D ok that was slightly cheeky of me :D

but yeah i think this will deff motivate me to find

Posted · Report post

hello all,

er... its JUST a c600 with a badly drawn 'cartoon' on the back yes ? maybe i'm missing something here ? i'm not trying to belittle anyone/anything, just putting things in perspective.

pooks

ps. now if it were a universal or such like then i too might be getting moist !

pps. will this make my little warny thingy rise ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Why should you be warned for stating your point of view?

Most of us were VERY happy to receive a C600 And don't think the MoDaCo Dude is badly drawn....

Edited by Confucious

Posted · Report post

Heh, i think thats the first ever complaint we've had against the MoDaCo dude. White is also unavailable in the shops so it is limited edition and exclusive to the site :D

Also - now taking bets on the winner being someone who already owns a MoDaCo C600!

Posted · Report post

Haha!

Honestly tho, people who've seen pictures go 'hey, that's cool', people who've held one go 'woah, that's amazing!'

Not only is it very good looking, the brightness and quality of the finish are exceptional!

P

Posted · Report post

Can I sort of become a Plus member :D What about 12 months interest free?

Posted · Report post

Oh well, I've sat on the sidelines for long enough - and enjoyed and benefitted from this excellent forum - so I am going to join Plus (Paul can you make sure the "random" draw means ME.

Oh and you'd better get the Plus Forum mods to delete all those threads about me!

Posted · Report post

oooooooo....thanks for reminding me! :D

Posted · Report post

Too late - I am in there now and cannot believe what some of you have been saying about me...oh well, a nice shiny white modaco c600 and I will be happy.

(Mrs Jimbouk insisted we go down to the coast the weekend of the Summer meet...and she reckons she might finally get some piece and quiet if I won the phone)