*updated* Zphone HTC Hermes / Dopod 838 pro dialpad skin

Guest swampcat

Guest swampcat

Updated: New skin pack

----------------

Here is the new skin pack - 22 skins altogether with their respective today themes. You can see that it is different from the previous design. this is because of video screen and it uses the same background as the dial screen so i can no longer 'fake' larger buttons. Also I have reworked the registry keys so now all the graphics are in \windows\ and phoneskin folder is no longer used.

You can install over the previous version - you'll probably find an empty phoneskin folder at the end of the exercise.

Dowload HERE | Mirror (Rapidshare) (i think my site might go down if bandwidth exceeded, file is 12mb)

zpv_cyclic_scr.jpgzpv_funky_leopard_red_scr.jpg

zpv_funky_leopard_yellow_scr.jpgzpv_reptile_blackextra_scr.jpg

zpv_reptile_red_scr.jpgzpv_vista_scr.jpg

zpv_vladstudio_bluemattwhite_scr.jpgzpv_zircon_scr.jpg

--------------------------------------

Hi, like to say what a great ppc forum this is. Been browsing for a while but never posted. This is my first skin for HTC Hermes with video call button skinned. It's 90% finished, cannot find where the speed dial and history buttons are located to skin them. I was hoping if anyone can help me complete it.

reptile_blue_3g_screenshot.png

Download here

from readme.txt

Zphone skin - for HTC Hermes WM5 QVGA pocket pc phone edition only

22nd August 2006

Tested on Dopod 838 Pro

Version 1.0

--------------------

This skin is for HTC Hermes pocket pc phone with 3G video calling capability. It should not be installed on any other type of phone.

* Note - Version 1.0 does not have call history and speed dial icons skinned.

* The skin on the top and bottom bars in the screenshot is achieved with 3rd party program - Lakeridge’s Wisbar Advance 2. The skin name is called Zombienexus WA Black 2 (Black skin suite)

--------------------

Please backup before installing just in case after you uninstall, things don't go back to normal

--------------------

Installation instructions:

1. Copy skin cab to your ppc and run it to install.

2. When it asks where to place it, choose device.

3. Soft reset.

---------------------

Uninstall

1. Tap on Start Menu > Settings > System > Remove programs

2. Remove zphone skin

3. Soft reset.

---------------------

Credits

Skin modified from TofClock’s phone skin at http://www.buzzdev.net/

Skin Support

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal

regards,

Swampcat

Edited by swampcat

Guest podavies

Looks pretty sweet Swampy

Hi, like to say what a great ppc forum this is. Been browsing for a while but never posted. This is my first skin for HTC Hermes with video call button skinned. It's 90% finished, cannot find where the speed dial and history buttons are located to skin them. I was hoping if anyone can help me complete it.

reptile_blue_3g_screenshot.png

Download here

from readme.txt

Zphone skin - for HTC Hermes WM5 QVGA pocket pc phone edition only

22nd August 2006

Tested on Dopod 838 Pro

Version 1.0

--------------------

This skin is for HTC Hermes pocket pc phone with 3G video calling capability. It should not be installed on any other type of phone.

* Note - Version 1.0 does not have call history and speed dial icons skinned.

* The skin on the top and bottom bars in the screenshot is achieved with 3rd party program - Lakeridge

Guest swampcat
Nice!

Does this include today screen too?

P

Hi - sorry for the late reply, i've been away for the week. Yes. you can download it here, click on the blue & red reptile pack.

Looks pretty sweet Swampy

Thanks podavies! :D

I don't want to be greedy but is there any chance you could issue a black version?

I've got a Firefox Black today screen and the black bars go really well with the snakeskin on the dialler.

I guess I'd kinda like the same blue graphic but with a black surround.

Or perhaps you could provide some instruction on how to modify the existing .tsk's?

TIA, love the dialler skin by the way.

Guest swampcat

thanks NikLP :D

I have one more which isn't listed on my site, carbon extra black

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/uploads/..._hermes_wm5.zip

For tsks, i normally modify them with today theme editor like microsoft theme editor or McDeb thememaker. These are for wm2003 and below since they can't totally modify the the gradients of the top and bottom bars but they do a good job of replacing background image and setting colours for other elements.

post-178481-1157374589_thumb.jpg

Edited by swampcat

Guest Trancemaster

For tsks, i normally modify them with today theme editor like microsoft theme editor or McDeb thememaker. These are for wm2003 and below since they can't totally modify the the gradients of the top and bottom bars but they do a good job of replacing background image and setting colours for other elements.

Me likely! Thanks!

Guest fantastic_mr_q

OOOOOOO Black Dialer theme!! Goes lovely with my zombie nexus black wisbar theme and today theme! Yeay! Your awesomen swampcat!

You make these in your free time or is someone paying you for your tremendous skills?

Dude that's another fine skin - how do I convert them to tsk's for the today screen though? :D

Guest swampcat

@richard & trancemaster: thank you, hope you enjoy them :D

OOOOOOO Black Dialer theme!! Goes lovely with my zombie nexus black wisbar theme and today theme! Yeay! Your awesomen swampcat!

You make these in your free time or is someone paying you for your tremendous skills?

Thanks! Really appreciate your comments. Yes i make these skins in my free time for myself mostly, then i thought i would share them with the community since they help me so much with my pda. Nobody pays me, its a hobby which i really enjoy. Never had much time for graphics before i took up skinning, thought it would be a good way to improve my graphic skills. Also i had this dormant portal laying around so i decided to use it as a skin download center.

how do I convert them to tsk's for the today screen though?

You can't, the background images have buttons on them. I've made the Tsk (landscape & portrait) and bundled with the phonepad. Its now a listed item on my site with instructions. You can download it here:

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=472

(Click on download link at bottom of page)

Edited by swampcat

@richard & trancemaster: thank you, hope you enjoy them :D

Thanks! Really appreciate your comments. Yes i make these skins in my free time for myself mostly, then i thought i would share them with the community since they help me so much with my pda. Nobody pays me, its a hobby which i really enjoy. Never had much time for graphics before i took up skinning, thought it would be a good way to improve my graphic skills. Also i had this dormant portal laying around so i decided to use it as a skin download center.

You can't, the background images have buttons on them. I've made the Tsk (landscape & portrait) and bundled with the phonepad. Its now a listed item on my site with instructions. You can download it here:

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=472

(Click on download link at bottom of page)

Heh, I was actually referring to the Snake-looking one, but I'll put this one on and see how it looks! :D

aha, the snake one - is here...

Blue Reptile Today theme

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=455

Wisbar skin pack Black, Red, DeepBlue

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=465

Yeah I found those already (thanks) - in my initial post, I was hoping to get the snake look (or the nice black one) with all-black bars etc, a la Firefox Black (here). That's why I wondered about adjusting the tsk file. As I have an M3100 you see, it looks better with the all black theme... :D

Edited by NikLP

Guest swampcat

I see now - you just have to swap the images... i used McDeb Theme editor (sorry i don't know others that can do this)

In McDeb

You can extract the background images of the reptile or extrablack.

Save images to your computer

Open the firefox tsk

Load image, put in the image you just saved

Rename tsk

Output!

(erm.. i hope McDeb didn't alter any of the wm5 settings.. so assuming it didn't, should do the trick)

Edited by swampcat

Guest Gav_C500

Hiya

Very nice work. Makes the phone look fantastic. Just goes to show what an artist can do with a few hours now if only T mobile would give you a job designing there skins.

Thanks

I see now - you just have to swap the images... i used McDeb Theme editor (sorry i don't know others that can do this)

In McDeb

You can extract the background images of the reptile or extrablack.

Save images to your computer

Open the firefox tsk

Load image, put in the image you just saved

Rename tsk

Output!

(erm.. i hope McDeb didn't alter any of the wm5 settings.. so assuming it didn't, should do the trick)

Uh, this didn't work. Don't ask me why, I went thru all the settings. But when I applied the the ExtraBlack picture to the FirefoxBlack2 task and uploaded it, the top and bottom bars were still grey. I'm confused now...!

Scratch that - can't do it this way. Need to edit the tsk directly.

Here, done it for you: (contains Reptile black, red, blue and carbon extrablack)

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=474

Zphone_tsks_with_blackbars.jpg

Now THAT is what I am talking about my friend.

Extra Black with black bars and Extra Black dialler. On an M3100. Ooooooh yeah! :D :D :D

Guest rickwookie

Just tried the Carbon Black on my Vario II.

The back button is overlayed onto the Speed Dial button although if you tap just above the speed dial button where the back button should be, it does delete the last key pressed.

Also, the original pink T-Mobile Video call button is still there over the sexy new button. Finally, the talk button has no phone icon like in your picture. Just the word 'Talk'.

What am I missing?

Guest swampcat

I read somewhere, another user installed different variant rom on his hermes and the skin worked. Not sure what the implications are if you switch. I'm using Dopod 838Pro rom.

Please don't take my word for it as i'm not a t-mobile user - maybe someone here can help