*updated* Zphone HTC Hermes / Dopod 838 pro dialpad skin

Guest swampcat

Guest richard_d
I read somewhere, another user installed different variant rom on his hermes and the skin worked. Not sure what the implications are if you switch. I'm using Dopod 838Pro rom.

Please don't take my word for it as i'm not a t-mobile user - maybe someone here can help

It works fine on my Vario II (I used the previous link), haven't done anything other than install...

Guest rickwookie
It works fine on my Vario II (I used the previous link), haven't done anything other than install...

I guess my avatar says it all (D'Oh!).

I download the Zphone Dialpad Skin Pack (greedy eyes saw lots of skins in one download, mmmm skins) without seeing that they're not for 3G devices. :D

Sorry for being a timewasting fool. :D

Guest gurujockstrap

Excellent skin! Went for the Extra Black one for my Vario II. Looks miles better than boring white background/black numbers!

Believed that a few other dialer skins broke the speed dialing but this is perfect.

Hi Swamp, slightly ot, but I've just installed your black WA theme - really really nice thanks, but I have a quick question. Is there any way to change the connection icon to display some difference between 3G and GPRS?

Cheers,

Stu

Guest swampcat
Extra Black with black bars and Extra Black dialler. On an M3100. Ooooooh yeah!
Thanks for showing me the firefox tsks . :D

I guess my avatar says it all (D'Oh!).

I download the Zphone Dialpad Skin Pack (greedy eyes saw lots of skins in one download, mmmm skins) without seeing that they're not for 3G devices. :D

Sorry for being a timewasting fool. :D

No problem :D got me quite worried for a while

Hi Swamp, slightly ot, but I've just installed your black WA theme - really really nice thanks, but I have a quick question. Is there any way to change the connection icon to display some difference between 3G and GPRS?

Cheers,

Stu

I'm afraid not - its the main request for wisbar but the developer has not found a way yet, or he would done it - must have been waiting over a year already. :D

Edited by swampcat

Cheers,

Stu

Hi Stu

Ive been checking on this and at the moment there isnt anyway to change the connection icon for WA, but the author is aware of the problem and is working on it. This has only come about with the advent of 3G phones so wasnt an issue until recently.

Keep an eye on the Lakeridge Software forums for updates.

Rob

Swampcat

Hi, thanks for your work to customise our Hermes phones :D

Is there a carbon black home screen to match the dialer? Ive found the extra black, but prefer the look of the carbon black background. Also, any chance of a matching skin for the connections screen, just to complete the suite?

Thanks again.

Rob

Guest swampcat

There's no today theme for carbon black i'm afraid, not yet anyways. And i prolly can't do the comms screen either, don't think it can be skinned. Well if there is, can you point me to it ? :D

Compelled to write in on behalf of my new vario II and thank you for this amazing facelift.. ;-) first time I've skinned a phone but these are an awesome improvement.

What great work Swampy, I have found my HTC to be a great phone but absolutely hated that green theme and the green dialer - virtually impossible to read on a bright sunlit day or when in the car holder.

The default blue Today skin was so washed out.

Previously I had a Wizard with the O2 ROM and that had an excellent Today of black fading down to a deep blue and all text was very clear.

Thanks again.

ARH

Guest Antitheft2

Just wanted to say thanks for a superb set of skins, my Vario II is looking stunning in its nice new blue reptile today screen and blue reptile dialer screen.

Any chance of a blue reptile security screen to go with it? I notice it's in some of the older skin sets you do, but have no clue how to extract it out of that or if it would even work.

Keep up the great work.

this is the first time i m changing skins...i seem to have got stuck...i have copied both the carbon black phone skin and zphone tsks for red reptile today theme with black bars to the storage card. the tsk files dont seem to be available in the start-settings-personal-today menu(after clicking on them....how do u copy these files to the today menu?). the phone skin works but without the scroller thingy and the black bars.....

please help! :D

Guest swampcat

@ all: Thanks for all your kind comments, really appreciate it. :D

@ Mind_Rx: you can put the tsk in your \My Documents \ folder in main memory if it doesn't work on the storage card for you

After that you should see it in your today settings. Start menu > Settings > Personal > Today

Guest Antitheft2

Hi Swampcat, I think you may have missed my question in amongst all the other posts (quoted below), was hoping to find out if this was a possibility or not as it would be a nice finishing touch to an otherwise fantastic skin.

:D

Just wanted to say thanks for a superb set of skins, my Vario II is looking stunning in its nice new blue reptile today screen and blue reptile dialer screen.

Any chance of a blue reptile security screen to go with it? I notice it's in some of the older skin sets you do, but have no clue how to extract it out of that or if it would even work.

Keep up the great work.

Edited by Antitheft2

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
using the extrablack dialer skin with the 'blackwhite' today theme posted elsewhere on this forum makes for an awesome combination for me... many thanks.

Cheers

S

Saif,

Where did you find this? I've hunted around and can't find it!

Swampcat - THANK YOU!! They really enhance the look of my M3100 - thank you! :rolleyes:

Many thanks!

Matt

Edited by Sadlybrokeboy

Guest swampcat

Thank you!

@Antitheft - oops i missed your question, sorry - the security dialpad is included in all the skins i've released for hermes. after installing and soft reset, you should see the skinned security screen.

There is one thing you could check in the registry:

HKLM / Security / Phone / Skin /

Enabled = 1

If it was on 0, change to 1

(turn the phone off then on, exit registry editor and soft reset)

There was also a query on my website:

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/forum/fo...;PN=1&TPN=1

is similar to yours and he solved it with the above method.

But its weird that he had to do this manually because in the cab i included 'Enabled = 1'

Edited by swampcat

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Swampcat? Is there any chance of a red reptile dialer screen? I use your red wa skin and ur red reptile today screen but the blue dialer looks outta place with the red vario II keyboard. Cheers

Guest swampcat

I was going to wait to find a way to do the call history and speed dial buttons as well so i can fix all of them at once. But looks like its not happening so i'll try do the red and black reptile this weekend.

I was going to wait to find a way to do the call history and speed dial buttons as well so i can fix all of them at once. But looks like its not happening so i'll try do the red and black reptile this weekend.

@swampcat - your Reptile screens are amazing; gonna have to buy Wisbar now to get the full effect!! Keep 'em coming!

One question (answer is probably me just being dumb :( ), but what's the "security screen" that some people are having trouble with?? I might be having trouble too, if only I knew what I was looking for :rolleyes: !! Are we talking about the screen where you enter your device password when it's locked, or something else?

Cheers, Mark.

Guest Antitheft2
Thank you!

@Antitheft - oops i missed your question, sorry - the security dialpad is included in all the skins i've released for hermes. after installing and soft reset, you should see the skinned security screen.

There is one thing you could check in the registry:

HKLM / Security / Phone / Skin /

Enabled = 1

If it was on 0, change to 1

(turn the phone off then on, exit registry editor and soft reset)

There was also a query on my website:

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/forum/fo...;PN=1&TPN=1

is similar to yours and he solved it with the above method.

But its weird that he had to do this manually because in the cab i included 'Enabled = 1'

Hi Swampcat,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately neither of these options worked for me. The registry key you point to is already set to 1, I tried changing it to 0, resetting and back to 1 and resetting again and had a few strange issues, but it just went back to how it is now. My today screen is reptile blue, my dialler is reptile blue but the security screen is still the horrible T-mobile white, grey and pink with flat horrible buttons.

Next I downloaded the seperate security screen skins from a link on one of the posts you made in the thread you pointed me to on your forums. That installed fine with no errors, phone rebooted and I thought that must have done it but no, same old horrible T-mobile security screen.

I noticed in your download pages you show a security screen for "non 3g" models but its not included in the packs for this model (MDA Vario II), is there a difference and is that why its not working?

I really would love to get this working, the rest of it looks fantastic, you have done a great job on these skins, I'd just like to be able to complete the look :rolleyes:

Any help or advice you can offer would be great.

Cheers

Guest swampcat

Security dialer is packaged with the HTC hermes dialpad skins.

It is possible that T-mobile MDA Vario II has skinned its own dialer. On your pda, look at the windows folder with an image viewer. Do you see the tmobile security dialpad skin images in this folder? (not the ones i made but the default tmobile ones). I suspect that this rom is slightly different from original hermes rom as it is tmobile customized. If so, only changing your rom will do the trick but i think you should do more research before romming. You can find different variant of htc hermes roms at xda-developers.com.

So is anyone else with Vario II having same issue?

Btw, that separate pack of security dialpad skin was my first attempt and a request from a user, subsequently i put them into all the dialpad skins i have done (both non-3g and 3g) except for vga.

-----------

@ Mark - thanks, yeah can't do without WA2. And so many skins too.

the security dialpad i'm referring to is the phone pin screen to log on to your phone. Do you see this screen after installing or looks like your original?

zphone_securitypad_qvga_wm5.jpg

Edited by swampcat