Direct Push issues...

Guest andyhud

Chaps,

Indeed all is working well...

Timiano, I am using FBA / ISA 2004 and all articles had been followed and adhered too..

In the end I just deleted all the IIS folders (backed up database first) and then reset them all again and ran 817379 once more and rebooted..

All started working after that...

Cheers for everyones help.

A.

Glad you are up and running

I do recommend you switch to basic auth on ISA though and run FBA from the Exchange server, as its a much less complicated setup and you can literally leave your IIS virtuals alone for the rest of time. ISA 2006 supports basic over FBA auth though, so that may be an option.

EAS and direct push rocks....welcome to the real world. And, remember to snigger at all blackberry users!

Glad you are up and running

I do recommend you switch to basic auth on ISA though and run FBA from the Exchange server, as its a much less complicated setup and you can literally leave your IIS virtuals alone for the rest of time. ISA 2006 supports basic over FBA auth though, so that may be an option.

EAS and direct push rocks....welcome to the real world. And, remember to snigger at all blackberry users!

Timano...

Cheers. You are right in ISA 2006 but until I upgrade I prefer to offload my FBA "workload" on my firewall than directly onto my exchange server(s).

But yes, direct push does indeed rock.

A.

I wouldn't call ISA FBA offload, more an extra layer of security. FBA is water off a ducks back compared to the main OWA as an app.

Bring on 2007 CASs, you'll only need 45067GB RAM to run the mailbox server though :D

• 1 year later...

Andy,

I have almost the exact same setup as you. Have a same almost the same problem. First time posting (anywhere!) so forgive noob stuff.

1) I get the Event 3025 on Activesync load. Just once. Everything will work fine for a while.

2) Will get a heartbeat error message in the Application Log soon. Direct Push will stop until I manually sync. Have tried everything you have. We (I) have several WM5 and WM6 phones doing the directpush thing.

3) Have increased the timeout on my firewall to 30 minutes.

4) have set the registery keys for min and max (30 for min 59 for max)

I have heard (read) that the telephone company I use may not allow the required unfinished HTTP request to stay active into the 15-30 minutes as recommended by all the KB articles and web sites.

I am going to call my phone company and ask if they know anything about this. It is probably in a data plan for smartphones and/or PDA phones (mine - pda). My phone company has a different plan for the PDA phones... wonder why?

With everything that I have read and tried I am starting to think that something is in the way that I am not in control of.

If they give me any help I will let everyone know. If they drop the HTTP request before the timeout on the server I would think that would generate the errors as well. Then the phone is going to sit and say "Syncronized: ".

I wonder if my ISP could be breaking the HTTP connection? I wouldn't think so but I dont know.