• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disappearing storage memory...

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys,

I wonder if someone can help me here. I'm not a noob to PocketPC or Smartphones, but i've not come across this one before.

Once i purchased and installed all my desired apps for my M5000, I had about 18mb of storage space left.

This was about 2 weeks ago.

Now i have 749k, without having installed anything else to main memory. :D

I've made sure that any application which has a data cache (that i'm aware of) is configured to use the storage card, eg message stores, camera etc.

On the phone I have:

Wisbar Adv.

Opera

Journal Bar

CodeWallet

iLauncher

TCPMP

Resco Explorer

Are any of these given to eating up memory apparently at random? Is there any util I could buy that would help me track down the source of the problem? I have to admit, i'm suspicious of JournalBar, but it's deffinately set to use the memory card for storage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is driving me nucking futs at the moment. :D

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys,

I wonder if someone can help me here. I'm not a noob to PocketPC or Smartphones, but i've not come across this one before.

Once i purchased and installed all my desired apps for my M5000, I had about 18mb of storage space left.

This was about 2 weeks ago.

Now i have 749k, without having installed anything else to main memory. :D

I've made sure that any application which has a data cache (that i'm aware of) is configured to use the storage card, eg message stores, camera etc.

On the phone I have:

Wisbar Adv.

Opera

Journal Bar

CodeWallet

iLauncher

TCPMP

Resco Explorer

Are any of these given to eating up memory apparently at random? Is there any util I could buy that would help me track down the source of the problem? I have to admit, i'm suspicious of JournalBar, but it's deffinately set to use the memory card for storage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is driving me nucking futs at the moment. :D

Hi if youve used opera and/or IE for browsing - go into those apps and clear the caches. Also check the notes programs to make sure there are no voice recordings that have been activated by mistake (in my documents)

Matt

Posted · Report post

Hi if youve used opera and/or IE for browsing - go into those apps and clear the caches. Also check the notes programs to make sure there are no voice recordings that have been activated by mistake (in my documents)

Matt

Ah, thanks Matt.

Yes, sorry, I should've said that i've cleared all the obvious caches. Good call on the notes, but nope, not that either.

I now have 0bytes of storage memory, so the unit isn't working at all well now. It can't populate the remove programs list...

I also tried to install the demo of Memmaid last night, but it told me the program wasn't digitally signed, so i couldn't install it... :D :D

Posted · Report post

I don't know if this applies to a M5000, but with the M2000 if you used bluetooth (headset in my case) there was a log file that grew and grew.

Posted · Report post

I also tried to install the demo of Memmaid last night, but it told me the program wasn't digitally signed, so i couldn't install it... :D :D

If you unlock your phone you can install it. I did the day befre yesterday but unlocked my phone a while ago so can't remember how I did it. If you can't find details of how to, let me know and I'll have a poke arround and see what I can find.

Memmaid is rather good at highlighting problems like this.