Unlocking Cingular 3125

Guest maximr

Just call Cingular and ask for the unlock code. When you install another carriers SIM, it will ask for the code. Once entered, your phone is unlocked. Just did it with Cingular and it took 5min total and no charge.

Guest huntman69

So, is it SAFE to buy the 3125 at E-Bay and UNLOCK it using this $39.00 service ?

Thank you

I'M a T-Mobile user.....

I finally used the imei-check.co.uk - it costs $38, but unlocks both SIM and CID.

Guest wingzerothree

i think his question was can he use spv unlock. i mean why would we pay if its free to unlock on our own? Im sure it works. ill test it when i get home from work and let you know.

Edited by wingzerothree

Guest huntman69

ES, T.U. Wing....

But, if some1 said that Cingular is doing it FREE, why paying????

I heard that if you UNLOCK the phone, your warranty ended????? so, to do it with Cingular is the best..

Also, from 39 phones on E-Bay , ONLY 2 add. that it is unlocked !!!!!

Isn't that Cingular is using 2 different frequencies 850 + 1800 ?????

Thank You all

i think his question was can he use spv unlock. i mean why would we pay if its free to unlock on our own? Im sure it works. ill test it when i get home from work and let you know.

Guest nickcornaglia

I doubt Cingular will unlock an ebay bought phone for a non-customer.

As far as SPV-Developers....did they ever release their unlock too for STRTRK phones?

Lastly...If for some reason you wanted to put a different STRTRK ROM on the phone )QTEK 8500, DoPod, imate ROM)....simply SIM unlocking would not work for that purpose. It would need to be CID Unlocked as well. But since there isnt a problem with the Cingular rom that we know about...there is no real reason to do that.

Guest roma0803
As far as SPV-Developers....did they ever release their unlock too for STRTRK phones?

The Typhoon version that works for the Tornado phones also works for the StarTrek. I don't know about CID unlocking, but why should one, there is no better ROM around (yet).

I have tried this with my 3125 and it does not work. The Encryption Checksum error comes up. Has anyone been successful? If so, in what order did you perform the steps? The order I used on my C500/SMT5600 does not work (which is what the instructions say).

The Typhoon version that works for the Tornado phones also works for the StarTrek. I don't know about CID unlocking, but why should one, there is no better ROM around (yet).

When I asked this question at spv-developers, one of the moderators replied that the SPV Services tool doesn't work with StrTrk yet.

Unlocking at imei-check.com was easy and painless. I'm not sorry for the $38 I paid.

Guest nickcornaglia

I knew roma was incorrect! People complain about imei-check...that they have to pay $40 to unlock their phones...

...but they are always the first to figure out how to unlock phones, and in this case, also CID unlock.

ZOne-MR promised an unlocker...but thus far, has not come thru.

The QTEK 8500 has a ROM problem. Though it was already SIM unlocked, it needed to be CID unlocked so one could install a different ROM.

In the case of the 3125....SIM Unlocking is necessary to use on a different carrier.

So imei-check wins again. The process is simple as could be. So if you have the need to SIM unlock to use on TMobile, or a European carrier...go crazy.

I agree with this. I've used them in the past and if the time comes that I need to use another SIM in my device and nothing is available, I'll pay them again. The service simply works...

I knew roma was incorrect! People complain about imei-check...that they have to pay $40 to unlock their phones...

...but they are always the first to figure out how to unlock phones, and in this case, also CID unlock.

ZOne-MR promised an unlocker...but thus far, has not come thru.

The QTEK 8500 has a ROM problem. Though it was already SIM unlocked, it needed to be CID unlocked so one could install a different ROM.

In the case of the 3125....SIM Unlocking is necessary to use on a different carrier.

So imei-check wins again. The process is simple as could be. So if you have the need to SIM unlock to use on TMobile, or a European carrier...go crazy.

Guest roma0803

Sorry? Incorrect? I have here a fully unlocked Qtek 8500 in my hands and I didn't pay a cent to unlock it!

Now I don't know if it works for the Cingular version, I never claimed that. But following these steps and using the SPV unlocker afterwards gave me an unlocked phone.

Application unlock your phone using the HTC signed Registry Editor. (RegeditSTG - Google it) Copy this to your phone directly and run it on the phone. Change the key values noted below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1001 = 2 -->Change the value data from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1005 = 16 --> Change the value data from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

If you can't do it you can't do it but don't say I'm wrong here.

Guest nickcornaglia

We may be talking about a few different things here...

1) Application Unlock....easy to do as Roma described above. Though I have not tried this on a 3125...I have on a QTEK 8500 and it works fine.

2) SIM Unlocked...the other versions of the STRTRK are already SIM unlocked...but the Cingular 3125 is not and can be via IMEI Check. I dont believe SPVD have made theirs yet.

3) CID Unlocked...none of the HTC STRTRK phones are CID Unlocked and in order to install a different carrier ROM to it (QTEK, imate, Dopod, etc), it must be. IMEICheck is the only tool that does this so far. Though I dont think the original poster wanted to change from the Cingular ROM.

Maybe I assumed this....but the original poster wanted to SIM Unlock the phone...again, assuming he wanted to use a non-Cungular SIM in it.

SPVD does not have something for this for the STRTRK.

PS....I can do ANYTHING! :rolleyes:

PPS...so if you were talking about SIM/CID unlocking on a STRTRK phone...you're wrong. If you are talking about application unlocking on a STRTRK phone...you're right. I am hoping SPVD comes out with their STRTRK tool...but as far as I know...they have not.

Guest roma0803
We may be talking about a few different things here...

You are right.

PPS...so if you were talking about SIM/CID unlocking on a STRTRK phone...you're wrong. If you are talking about application unlocking on a STRTRK phone...you're right. I am hoping SPVD comes out with their STRTRK tool...but as far as I know...they have not.

Agreed.

Guest nickcornaglia

Ha....I was trying to rile you up there at the end with the right/wrong stuff. You didnt go for it...and are better than me for it! :rolleyes:

Truth is....I'm not 100% sure what the origional poster was even looking for after reading back. Think it was that I read it one way and you another....

Guest roma0803
Ha....I was trying to rile you up there at the end with the right/wrong stuff. You didnt go for it...and are better than me for it! :(

Well, almost went for it... almost :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrhansson

Just wanted to say thanks guys and confirm that application unlocking a Cingular 3125 really works.

I got a brand new 3125 yesterday, loaded the regeditSTG.exe and changed values -1005 and -1017 according to roma's post above. The -1001 setting was already 1 by the way..

After restarting the phone I ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock on the PC, and restarted the phone a second time.

Now I just synchronized Thunderbird through Birdiesync and it works PERFECT.

Love ya all ;)

Just wanted to say thanks guys and confirm that application unlocking a Cingular 3125 really works.

I got a brand new 3125 yesterday, loaded the regeditSTG.exe and changed values -1005 and -1017 according to roma's post above. The -1001 setting was already 1 by the way..

After restarting the phone I ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock on the PC, and restarted the phone a second time.

Love ya all :rolleyes:

I have a Cingular 3125, but the application unlock as described did not seem to work on my phone. I performed the regedits and ran the SDA_ApplicaitonUnlock tool but I am still unable to run the pocketsnes application due to no digital signature.

Love ya all :rolleyes:

Hi mrhansson - can you please give me step by step on how to unlock cigular 3125? I just got mine yesterday and need to unlock it.

Thanks.

Quynh

hi,whenever i run the registry.exe file - it keeps saying it's not a valid win32 application. what am i doing wrong?

Application unlock your phone using the HTC signed Registry Editor. (RegeditSTG - Google it) Copy this to your phone directly and run it on the phone. Change the key values noted below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1001 = 2 -->Change the value data from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1005 = 16 --> Change the value data from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

Guest chrisjaffe
hi,whenever i run the registry.exe file - it keeps saying it's not a valid win32 application. what am i doing wrong?

that exe file is meant to run directly on your phone. Are you running it on the desktop or the phone?

cj

Edited by chrisjaffe