Hurricane & WM2005-possible?

Guest dublicator

Guest lazaj007

qtek 8200 have full english language. sometimes it is problem with keyboard, but after installation go to message writing, change T9 languge to english and next, change system language.everything must by ok.

Guest The Doctor
qtek 8200 have full english language. sometimes it is problem with keyboard, but after installation go to message writing, change T9 languge to english and next, change system language.everything must by ok.

Thats the problem, I hold star and no option appears for me to change the t9 language, also the letters are the russian alphabet.

System language change works fine, just t9 that is the problem

Phil

Guest lazaj007

its strange, in my spv c550 whit qtek rom everything is ok with letters. but i was can change languge only after instalation (T9 language), now if i wanna change T9 lang or just add some symbol i see "(null)" - blank screen. but i think that my polish language package do this problem.

sorry for english :D i know, its very bad ;)

best greetings from Poland :(

Guest The Doctor

Your english is good! I've given up with the Qtek 8200 update anyway, I'll probably end up cooking my own ROM with english t9, no operator branding, AKU2 or 3.5 and music buttons that work! ;)

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest lazaj007

i have one question to You

in Your Profile Information is "C550 (WM5)", how it works? ;)

ps. this rom what are You cooking, it will be public?

Guest The Doctor
i have one question to You

in Your Profile Information is "C550 (WM5)", how it works? ;)

ps. this rom what are You cooking, it will be public?

WM5 on the C550 is a nightmare atm, I'm using a dumped OS section from my old Qtek 8310 with a modified (to suit memory mapping of the hurricane) typhoon IU bootloader to boot WinCE 5.xx

Plus side:

AKU2

A2DP

WM5

Downside:

No USB connectivity, so no Active Sync

No IrDA

Phone function doesn't work (corrupted IMEI in the process, IMEI before: 355xxxx etc and after: 487xxxxx etc)

Phone resets on use of the joystick

It's a pain to go back to WM2003SE

The ROM I am currently cooking is based on the i-mate SP5 OS but will eventually have full compatibility with the HTC Hurricane

I'm not going to make it public due to the fact that:

• The sheer amount of bugs in it
  • It's such a pain to go back to WM2003SE
  • After you corrupt your IMEI, you wont be able to use the phone ever again without rewriting your IMEI
  • Disco Stu will eat me :D

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest lazaj007

ok. i understand.

but it's not good, because C550 doesnt have any support from Orange side.

it is support from T-Mobile for SDA II, but this rom have a lot of junk staff and is buggy.

and rom from Qtek 8200, it is the best what i know, its clear, but.... have many bugs ;) specialy with language support, writting sms and installatios of some programs.

Guest The Doctor
ok. i understand.

but it's not good, because C550 doesnt have any support from Orange side.

it is support from T-Mobile for SDA II, but this rom have a lot of junk staff and is buggy.

and rom from Qtek 8200, it is the best what i know, its clear, but.... have many bugs ;) specialy with language support, writting sms and installatios of some programs.

Personally i think the orange ROM is the best, mainly cuz the music buttons work and its english, i've never had any problems with it, unfortunately it isnt available anywhere 2 download...

Phil

Guest lazaj007

i dont like rom's like T-Mobile or Orange, they have to many service junk (logos, theme, sounds, bootsplash end else)

i have orange rom, in bin file. but i dont wanna back to it.

and the next problem, more of new application fot smartphone, are for WM5, not for WM3

and language support, if i wanna have polish language so i must goes many steps to do it. but if i switch of the phone and remowe battery, polish language disapear.

WM3 is a good system, but it is to many problems whit personalize phone

Guest lazaj007

i have one more question

in another forum i was see post, that someone have dump rom with WM6 for tornado, but he doesn't give any links.

but if it is true, so it is a chance for WM6 for hurricane? maybe it will be more compatybil?

• 1 month later...
Guest SystemicAnomaly

I have a C550 kicking around and i'd just like to use it for playing MP3s over my Stereo Bluetooth Bluetake I-phono headset. (listening to Paul McKenna before sleep! :-)

So i need A2DP and wm5.

Is there a rom in existence to get A2DP working? I don't mind never using the phone again as a phone!

Is there "The Doctor" in the house??

Guest lazaj007

if you need wm5 for hurricane, so you must wait a little bit more.

soon will be working version wm5 for hurricane

Guest princepavs
WM5 on the C550 is a nightmare atm, I'm using a dumped OS section from my old Qtek 8310 with a modified (to suit memory mapping of the hurricane) typhoon IU bootloader to boot WinCE 5.xx

Plus side:

AKU2

A2DP

WM5

Downside:

No USB connectivity, so no Active Sync

No IrDA

Phone function doesn't work (corrupted IMEI in the process, IMEI before: 355xxxx etc and after: 487xxxxx etc)

Phone resets on use of the joystick

It's a pain to go back to WM2003SE

The ROM I am currently cooking is based on the i-mate SP5 OS but will eventually have full compatibility with the HTC Hurricane

I'm not going to make it public due to the fact that:

• The sheer amount of bugs in it
  • It's such a pain to go back to WM2003SE
  • After you corrupt your IMEI, you wont be able to use the phone ever again without rewriting your IMEI
  • Disco Stu will eat me :rolleyes:

Phil

hi i tried to use imate Sp5 rom on ma C550.. as told by awarner.... it's not workin & lies as a papper weight since nov 2006.. while i was goin thought this hit n tried rom of ur's i thought may be u can help me in anyway jst to get my c550 to boatloader mode to be able to flash C550 rom onto it... plz comment