New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest smacmillan
Quick question... who would pay £1 for a new and improved NoData?

I would -- assuming that the update lost the confirmation window and sound (command-line switches?)

S=

Guest Paul (MVP)

And herein lies the concept of quidapps and donation, pay your quid and tell us what you'd like to see!

Requests I've heard so far...

- No confirmation window on exit

- Command line mode for enable / disable all

- Auto-run when leaving / arriving in roaming

Things I want to add...

- Slightly nicer UI

- New icon

- Disconnect data connection programatically when disabling connections

- Toggle all button

P

- No confirmation window on exit

- Auto-run when leaving / arriving in roaming

- Slightly nicer UI

- New icon

- Disconnect data connection programatically when disabling connections

My vote (and money) on these ones! B)

Great app. I really need to learn how to program in these little bastards...

ok i've unocked the registry... but if i click on "messenger" or internet exploDeD is connected...

Is Possible that this didn't work?

Also have an i600 and it worked perfectly.

Make sure that you disconnect the cable from the pc as the cell phone can use this connection to access the Internet (mine did...)

Guest umop_apisdn

NoData doesn't work for me. After installation the WLAN connection is greyed out in the Communication Manager and I can't toggle the WiFi connection from there anymore. Meanwhile toggling the GPRS internet setting (in No Data) doesn't seem to have any effect on the GPRS internet connection. I have a HTC touch 3G (WM 6.1). Any suggestions?

Guest urkelos

Wow! I LOVE THIS APPLICATION!

I am totally donating for this. I can't imagine how many unwanted data charges this is going to save me. Probably hundreds a year. Thank you so much for the app.

Guest weblubo

I just wanted to say Thank You, for the little useful program.

I recently purchased a Samsung Epix and NoData is helping me keep internet usage through my provider's network at a bare minimum, while utilizing the wi-fi capability of my phone.

Guest kuztardd

Thanks for the application, but just out of curiosity,

when i run this app, I am faced with two elements:

Mobile Web - ENABLED / DISABLED

02 Active - ENABLED / DISABLED

what is the difference between the two?

(working on xperia /02)

Guest harrysari

Hello to all, I have used no data in the past with the ATT 8525 (HTC-Hermes) and no data worked perfectly. Just switched over to the samsung epix and loaded no data. N-D gives me the option to toggle ATT IMS, Isp and media net. with all 3 optons toggled off I am unable to get online thru my wifi connection. The epix makes every attempt to get online but can not. If i toggle on media net i can then get on line with the wifi connection but then am incurring data charges. Any ideas or tips on this. BTW I would donate to the No Data fund :rolleyes: if it will work on the epix.

Guest hoopyfrood

Seems to work fine on the epix I just bought... the wifi stopped working, but I don't think it's a nodata issue. Big G or E there, no little ones, all that good stuff. I haven't tested received a text message back yet, but that's more likely a measure of my popularity.

Quick question:

There are three choices for me to disable.

ATT IMS-enabled (was disabled when I first openned it)

ATT ISP-enabled

MEdia Net-disabled (the one I disabled)

Is media net the only one that needs to be disabled?

I have a messaging plan, but no data plan, if that makes any difference in which ones should be checked.

Oh, and thanks a lot for the awesome program!

Edited by hoopyfrood

Guest hoopyfrood

Oh, and is this supposed to permanently get rid of the 3G stuff? Because it automatically reconnects if my wifi goes out and I'm trying to connect to the internet. Maybe it only does that after I turn my phone off.

Quick question:

There are three choices for me to disable.

ATT IMS-enabled (was disabled when I first openned it)

ATT ISP-enabled

MEdia Net-disabled (the one I disabled)

Is media net the only one that needs to be disabled?

Depends on what data connection(s) your phone and applications are set to use.

Guest Confucious
Oh, and is this supposed to permanently get rid of the 3G stuff? Because it automatically reconnects if my wifi goes out and I'm trying to connect to the internet. Maybe it only does that after I turn my phone off.

It disables the connection - it should remain disabled until you enable it again!

Guest jude123

Thanks a lot for this application works great:P I was gettin so angry that my GPRS connects automatically and I don't even notice. I havn't got my first bill yet but im scared lol. Good thign I found this app:P

Guest ahmadzul

hiya paul. wanna say tqs for the gr8 app. installed 2my X1 n works perfectly. been looking for someting to block the internet thru gprs n urs worked like a charm. tqs again n happy new year n all u others out there.....