New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JoyMonkey

I'm also having trouble running it on my T-Mobile Dash. It appears to install okay, but when I try to run the app i get an Error saying:

An unexpected error has occured in NoData.exe

Details:

NoData.exe

NotSupportedException

MISC::HandleAR+0x4a

Control::_InitInstance+0x8a

Control::.ctor+0xf

ListControl:.ctor+0x7

ListBox::.ctor+0x7

[]::[]+0x37

[]::.ctor+0x1f

[]::[]+0xa

Any ideas?

Guest good_deal

Hi Paul.

Thanx for a great app, I've been looking for exactly something like this.

I have one question tho.

Is there any chance to run NODATA with command line parameters?

Because everytime I reset my eten glofiish M700 all the connections are enabled again.

(somehow registry values are "default" again)

I have no idea if the app itself can be changed to "survive" soft reset or just run

as a startup command...

I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem, coz I guess all of us have to reset our phones sometimes ;)

Thanks a lot, you did a great job

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prestwichjon

How do you copy Nodata to the Xda? I've successfully copied it onto my PC but, I don't seem to be able to copy the file and extract it on my Xda. If

Guest Sponzert

I have installed this on a HTC3300 and when i try to open it i get an error. There is an error in NoData.exe. Close and read the details. In the details it says a bunch of not understandable signs. Is there another way to make this work because i realy like to disable that GPRS. Never use it.

Guest rich710
I have installed this on a HTC3300 and when i try to open it i get an error. There is an error in NoData.exe. Close and read the details. In the details it says a bunch of not understandable signs. Is there another way to make this work because i realy like to disable that GPRS. Never use it.

I had it working with my Trinity, but after a newer ROM-upgrade I have the same errors like many others here...

Guest rich710
I had it working with my Trinity, but after a newer ROM-upgrade I have the same errors like many others here...

Problem solved, te program crashed because I hadn't installed my gprs settings, for Telenor sweden, when the settings were on my trinity the program worked again.

Guest Sponzert
Problem solved, te program crashed because I hadn't installed my gprs settings, for Telenor sweden, when the settings were on my trinity the program worked again.

So you need to have the settings installed before the program works?

Edited by Sponzert

• 2 weeks later...
Guest madferret
Any way to adapt this so you can choose times when on and off.

My phone buzzes each night for emails

There is a simple manual solution to that problem, if you're not using the alarm function of the phone. In WM5, go to Start/Settings/Sounds & Notifications and untick the Programs and/or Notifications sections. If you then leave the phone, the screen is still there in the morning when you wake up, so you can remember to reset it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest thebrickman

Hello,

Just got my m3100 and i have been reading your forums and installed the little programme, here comes the daft question.... it seemed to install ok, how do i now disable the GPRS?

regards

Edited by thebrickman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hager

Hello everybody,

I installed this NoData app to disable/enable GPRS/EDGE on my HTC S710 WM6 smartphone (I installed it once via the CAB file --> explorer and once with the CABviaActiveSync utility from Paul, but both times I have the same problem).

I have 2 profiles of GPRS defined.

When I run the application, I get the following error :

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

And when I select Details, it says :

NoData.exe

NotSupportedException

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ListControl..ctor()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ListBox..ctor()

at Nodata..()

Anybody any ideas what could be the problem ?

Or is it just not working on a WM6 smartphone (I understand it is developed for WM5 PDA phones) ?

Kind regards,

Hager

Guest AReality

Hi!

Thanks for the little app!

However, mine too, did not survive a soft reset. The GPRS was automatically enabled again. :rolleyes:

I'm running WM6 on EtenM700.

EDIT:

The app changed my "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers \{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\ GPRS\Enabled" to "0"

But it reverts back to "1" upon soft reset, also when IE tried to connect to internet but could not.

Edited by AReality

• 1 month later...
Guest turbo_e
So you need to have the settings installed before the program works?

yes.

after updating to WM6 my settings were lost. although its supposed to be st up automaticly, it wasnt, so goto

Start - settings - connections tab - connections - add a new modem connection - then enter the info from there (that your provider supplies)

Rogers settings are:

connection name: whatever you want to call it

select modem: Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)

Acess point name: internet.com

user name: wepuser1

password: wep

BTW thanks OP for the great App.

Edited by turbo_e

Guest Hitman_botelle

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

NoData.exe

NotSupportedException

at Nodata..()

Or is it just not working on a WM6 smartphone (I understand it is developed for WM5 PDA phones) ?

Kind regards,

Hager

I am having the same issue.

When installing it asks for location then keeps the Hrs spiral and will not complete its install.

When I shutdown and restart the icon is there but I get the error.

This is on the Orange network!

Any suggestions

Ta Alan

Edited by Hitman_botelle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AlistairCohen
Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

P

Hey Paul,

Is there a Windows Mobile 6 Version of this tool available?

Guest nightowlpeter
Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

P

i installed this tool on my E-TEN X500plus Glofiish (which has WM6) and it worked perfect: ever since i bought this beautifull smartphone i was hindered bij the GPRS: i am using wifi and do not even have a GPRS enabled telephone account, whenever i want to use internet i either use my laptop or the glofiish over wifi. but now without that GPRS it works much faster!! thanks Paul for this software!

PS: i disabled Vodafone normal GPRS, normal WAPC and normal WAPG and enabled normal MMS. I have a rather cheap account on my phone (7 euro/month and 150 minutes free) and that is all i need for the phone. For internet i wanted to use wifi and now that works better than ever. wifi is however eating lots of energy, but i switch wifi off when out of range of a hotspot, and that works fine enough!

Edited by nightowlpeter

Guest Driekus
Hello everybody,

I installed this NoData app to disable/enable GPRS/EDGE on my HTC S710 WM6 smartphone (I installed it once via the CAB file --> explorer and once with the CABviaActiveSync utility from Paul, but both times I have the same problem).

I have 2 profiles of GPRS defined.

NoData.exe

NotSupportedException

at Nodata..()

Kind regards,

Hager

I think I had the same problem. My problem was that the my network settings hadn't been configured yet. First use the network wizard to configure your connection(s), then run NoData (when there are no connections to be toggled, you get the error). Works fine on my HTC Touch WM6 now.

Edited by Driekus

Guest Aielman
I think I had the same problem. My problem was that the my network settings hadn't been configured yet. First use the network wizard to configure your connection(s), then run NoData (when there are no connections to be toggled, you get the error). Works fine on my HTC Touch WM6 now.

Works on my 8525 with wm6 as well.

peace,

Aielman