• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sending E-Mail - Problems

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone got any tips on sending e-mail using the included messaging software...

I can rec. mail no problem, but no matter what I do I can't send - keep getting error messages, no matter what I change on the server settings. Generally rejecting the mail server...

Is there a third party piece of software that anyone knows that might be a little better? I know when running old handhelds (Vx and Treo 600) on the Palm OS third party software was far better.

Cheers for any thoughts

HVS

Posted

Which SMTP server are you using? While using T-Mobile UK I have to use their own SMTP Server which is smtp.t-email.co.uk.

Posted

Which SMTP server are you using? While using T-Mobile UK I have to use their own SMTP Server which is smtp.t-email.co.uk.

I've had to stop using smtp.t-email.co.uk as they have a known problem with it. Certain emails just never get to their recipient, but only certain addresses are affected. My own domain was one of them. I'd send an test email to myself and it would vanish. Never got through, never bounced. Things were fine until 27th july, when emails I sent to my home account never arrived. T-mob said they know about it, don't know how to fix it and suggested I use mail2web instead.

Posted

Hi,

Have posted about this myself, but in the hermes specific forum. (i'm still learning my way around the site).

Does anyone know of a work around / fix for this as it is getting frustrating not being able to send emails?

Will.

Posted

Hi,

Since last post have made contact with T-Mobile UK and have had no joy. They deny any problems and suggest that my email providers (Yahoo and Tiscali) are blocking the emails.

Any ideas?

Will.

Posted

Your best bet is trying another smtp server, unfortunately not many providers allow use of their smtp servers due to spamming etc, however if you use your login details to authenticate the smtp settings I am sure you could use tuscali's smtp server, unfortunately for yahoo you would need to be a paid user to use their smtp server.