How to send a contact by SMS

Guest mbriody

Just now I wanted to do a really basic task - send the mobile phone number associated with a contact to another contact by SMS text but have failed miserably so far.

First try was to send a vcard but this seemed to want to send an MMS over GPRS, which I don't want to do.

I then tried do a select and copy of the phone number which worked but when I went to compose the text there was no option to paste it!

I ended up writing the number down and entering it manually into a text. Surely there's a better way?

Just now I wanted to do a really basic task - send the mobile phone number associated with a contact to another contact by SMS text but have failed miserably so far.

First try was to send a vcard but this seemed to want to send an MMS over GPRS, which I don't want to do.

I then tried do a select and copy of the phone number which worked but when I went to compose the text there was no option to paste it!

I ended up writing the number down and entering it manually into a text. Surely there's a better way?

There will be hopefully with the release of the windows 5.0 update. Not sure when it is out though and if we will be able to upgrade our existing handsets. Anyone know??

Guest danktuft
There will be hopefully with the release of the windows 5.0 update. Not sure when it is out though and if we will be able to upgrade our existing handsets. Anyone know??

Yep, very annoying problem. I found that copying the details from the open contact card is a little hit and miss. Try going back and copying to the clipboard a couple of times. I do it regularly but it's not ideal - formatting disappears for example so all postcodes look like they end in UK.

Hideous oversite that has existed on every Windows Mobile build up to the forthcoming AKU3 release. Smartphones at least have RJVSendcontact to use but doesn't seem to be an equivalent PPC app.