mikeeey's wmp11 fix v1.0

Guest mikeeey

Here is my windows media player 11 skin.

i did have another old version here based off a ppc skin but all of my uploaded files along with some other things were deleted.

so the only one here was one based off a skin that was posted in this forum. i fixed it up a little and added some more stuff

newestwmp11zx3.png

its quite easy to install actually. just unzip the folder. then copy that folder to \Storage Card\Storage\Microsoft\Media Player\Skins\

now just search for it in windows media player.

also i wasnt sure if i shoulda posted this here or in the Smartphone Customisation - Homescreen Download Discussion.

mikeeey_s_wmp11_fix_v1.zip

Edited by mikeeey

Sweet Jesus!

By the way you cannot post in the Homescreen Download Discussion... thats an area where posts are automatically created for those files uploaded to the downloads section. Hopefully a WMP Skin section would encourage others to skin WMP.

Nice job :rolleyes:

cant you lace on the memory card I am pretty sure WM10 on smartphone has the ability to search for skins stored in any location including the mem card

unfortunatly no... well theres 1 way but its annoying.

u would put the folder in any deesired directory.

then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>MediaPlayer>Skins: Values>DefaultPortraitSkin: and change the value data to the directory of where u hav put the .skn file. (for ex. \Storage Card\windows media player\WMP11\WMP11 - Portrait.skn) i didnt bother doing this tho cuz it only takes up a few KBs.

Keep in mind u would only be able to view 1 skin at a time doing this. its a lot easier if u just kept it in the default directory.

very nice skin, just one problem, when you play a video.. the top information bar gets cut off... itd be great if you can address that problem

thanks!

yes i know i was just about upload the fix for this. i was just answering a different post first. here's the fix.

just unzip this and replace the .skn file with this.

i cant get the video any bigger without it cutting off the screen. it looks just as big as it did with the default .skn. it doesnt matter to much for me tho cuz i just watch it horizonal :rolleyes:

Sweet Jesus!

By the way you cannot post in the Homescreen Download Discussion... thats an area where posts are automatically created for those files uploaded to the downloads section. Hopefully a WMP Skin section would encourage others to skin WMP.

Nice job :rolleyes:

yes id love to have a WMP skin section! its really not to hard to write the .skns either it just consists of directorys and making the picture. also its as easy as taking a different .skn and renaming it and changing the directorys of the pictures and stuff.

Guest conan_troutman
unfortunatly no... well theres 1 way but its annoying.

u would put the folder in any deesired directory.

then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>MediaPlayer>Skins: Values>DefaultPortraitSkin: and change the value data to the directory of where u hav put the .skn file. (for ex. \Storage Card\windows media player\WMP11\WMP11 - Portrait.skn) i didnt bother doing this tho cuz it only takes up a few KBs.

Keep in mind u would only be able to view 1 skin at a time doing this. its a lot easier if u just kept it in the default directory.

ok well I have placed mine on the storage card I have tried about 10 locations 5 on the card and 5 on the main memory and each time I goto options Skins in WM10 on my Smartphonw (qtek 8310) it finds the new skin no problem no reg hacking needed

I know its a small small file but still any extra space on the main memory is extra space isnt it

great work by the way love the nice clean lines of it all

Guest mikeeey
ok well I have placed mine on the storage card I have tried about 10 locations 5 on the card and 5 on the main memory and each time I goto options Skins in WM10 on my Smartphonw (qtek 8310) it finds the new skin no problem no reg hacking needed

I know its a small small file but still any extra space on the main memory is extra space isnt it

great work by the way love the nice clean lines of it all

well ok i guess it works for me then. next time i hav the chance il try it.

Edited by mikeeey

• 1 month later...
Guest Redhood

I have a HTC WM5 phone and I cant access my windows folder when i sync to my PC, also I have new skins folder in the location you said, i also tried making the folder and putting it there but no luck. Looks nice though.

Guest conan_troutman
I have a HTC WM5 phone and I cant access my windows folder when i sync to my PC, also I have new skins folder in the location you said, i also tried making the folder and putting it there but no luck. Looks nice though.

put the skin folder anywhere you want then open media player select options select skins and wait a few seconds/minutes while it scans your phone an card for any skins then you simply scroll and select.

its that easy no ediying of registry needed and no specifics for folder placements

Guest XxDrAg0nxX

For my WM5 i had to put it in the: Program files / Windows Media Player folder /

Hey Mikeeey: I just modded it to fit landscape for my i320N hope u dont mind :)

Yeah Paintbrush rules :D

BTW, how is the volume up + sign supposed to change? I cant seem to see any effect?

post-212917-1163238462_thumb.png

WMP11.zip

Edited by XxDrAg0nxX

Guest majid23

Very nice skin...Two things:

1. Is there any way to make the album art larger...On other skins, I like the larger size and think it would look nice on this skin too.

2. Is there a way to add the rating stars...I tried by adding the tag, but the stars did not format correctly.

OK, maybe three things, lol...Is there a way to replace the volume buttons with the slider? Kind of like the WMP11 skin here: http://www.ukarumpa.co.uk/portfolio_smartphone.html

Thanks! Good job...

Guest XxDrAg0nxX

got this from the site you linked:

[ Trackbars ]

//

// ---------- ---------- --------------- ----------------- ------------

Seek 12,216,214,6 Background @ 12,216 seekthumb.gif 11,6

Volume 183,240,38,7 Background @ 183,240 volumethumb.gif 7,7

Guest majid23
got this from the site you linked:

[ Trackbars ]

//

// ---------- ---------- --------------- ----------------- ------------

Seek 12,216,214,6 Background @ 12,216 seekthumb.gif 11,6

Volume 183,240,38,7 Background @ 183,240 volumethumb.gif 7,7

Yeah, thanks...I tried that, but I couldn't get it in the right spot...It's a lot of trial and error. I'll give it a hack when I have more time. Also, anyone figure out how to make the album art bigger? The numbers under the album art tag only let me move them up, down, left, or right. Thanks...

Guest majid23

Hey Everyone...

If the OP doesn't mind, I did a "remix" of this skin. Basically, I made the album art larger and changed the background and font to the same colors as WMP11. I also added a black background, but if you use it, remember to also change the font color to white. For example, to add the black background, rename it "portrait96" and rename the original "portrait96" to something like "portrait96_2."

Also included is a background without the two volume buttons, which can be used to add a volume slidebar...I fooled around with it for a bit, but was unable to perfect it. A volume slider .png file is also included if anyone wants to give it a try.

Peace...

WMP11.zip

Guest mikeeey
For my WM5 i had to put it in the: Program files / Windows Media Player folder /

Hey Mikeeey: I just modded it to fit landscape for my i320N hope u dont mind :)

Yeah Paintbrush rules :D

BTW, how is the volume up + sign supposed to change? I cant seem to see any effect?

o that looks cool. yea i dont mind go ahead and change it all u want. i acually insist u post it so people with different devices other than smartphones can use this too. and about the volume up and down sign not changing ill look at that but im not expert at this. i just used the media player 10 skin and some other skins to make this is all.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

no one can access the windows folder until they make hidden folders and files visable. do that and ul be able to acces ur windows folder. also u probably cant make it work on ur WM5 phone cuz it should only work on smartphone QVGA devices.

Guest majid23

Alright, I added the volume slider bar...The only problem is that the slider leaves when I change songs, etc. I guess it has something to do with the disabled.png or some file of that sort...Also, when muting, the image is off-center and places slightly over the other speaker icon...lol...confusing, but try it to see what I mean...Also, I included a ratings image file, but I was unable to get it to work...

Basically, anyone who is experienced with making skins or this sort of thing, all of the pieces are in the zip file...It would probably be easy to do (not for me!)...The things that need to be fixed are:

1. The mute icon

2. The ratings system

3. Volume slider (when disabled)

If that all can be fixed, it would be a perfect WMP11 (in my opinion :))

WMP11_NEW.zip

Guest mikeeey
Alright, I added the volume slider bar...The only problem is that the slider leaves when I change songs, etc. I guess it has something to do with the disabled.png or some file of that sort...Also, when muting, the image is off-center and places slightly over the other speaker icon...lol...confusing, but try it to see what I mean...Also, I included a ratings image file, but I was unable to get it to work...

Basically, anyone who is experienced with making skins or this sort of thing, all of the pieces are in the zip file...It would probably be easy to do (not for me!)...The things that need to be fixed are:

1. The mute icon

2. The ratings system

If that all can be fixed, it would be a perfect WMP11 (in my opinion :))

looks like we were both working on one at the same time today and u just posted yours before i did. well here's mine based off this guy's: http://www.ukarumpa.co.uk/portfolio_smartphone.html. i made more things show up that werent there before and make some stuff look nicer.

still no star rating added yet... hopefully soon to come :D

Edited by mikeeey

Guest majid23

Nice...I like it better than the original one, but I still like the one you made better...lol...If anyone could take the zip file I added and fix this:

1. The mute icon

2. The ratings system

Perfect!

Guest mikeeey
Nice...I like it better than the original one, but I still like the one you made better...lol...If anyone could take the zip file I added and fix this:

1. The mute icon

2. The ratings system

Perfect!

rating system i still dont know... and wat do u mean volume slider when disabled?