mikeeey's wmp11 fix v1.0

Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
Oh yesss, it is Version 10 (Build 15045) but it doesn't work either. I put the file everywhere and first of all in the default file... nothing! Other skins I tried worked fine, but I WANT WMP 11!!! Porca miseria!! What can I do?

well... first off. do u know where the default skin file for the wmp10 skin is?

Guest tuttovabene
well... first off. do u know where the default skin file for the wmp10 skin is?

Well, there are three .skn-files (Default-Path: MyDevice\Programs\Windows Media Player\...) of 27 bytes (!) each, named "Standard (portrait), Standard (landscape) and Standard (square). Experimentally I put them in another folder and put your file in the above mentioned folder: nothing! WMP obviously found his default .skn-files also in the new folder. He doesn't want yours! I don't have any idea, where the bitmaps are WMP uses for his own skin. Searching for .bmp- & .gif-files brings no corresponding results.

Anyhow, many many thanks for your help and understanding!

Guest mikeeey
Well, there are three .skn-files (Default-Path: MyDevice\Programs\Windows Media Player\...) of 27 bytes (!) each, named "Standard (portrait), Standard (landscape) and Standard (square). Experimentally I put them in another folder and put your file in the above mentioned folder: nothing! WMP obviously found his default .skn-files also in the new folder. He doesn't want yours! I don't have any idea, where the bitmaps are WMP uses for his own skin. Searching for .bmp- & .gif-files brings no corresponding results.

Anyhow, many many thanks for your help and understanding!

well.. you could try taking my "mikeeey's wmp11 fix v1.0.skn" and renaming it to "Standard" (the portrait one). then replace mine with the one that was there.

make sure to backup the old "standard" file. you will also need to copy the rest of the files into thta same directory. im not sure if this will work for u though.

o and the bmp's and gif's are in the windows folder, but they're hidden i believe..

• 4 months later...
Guest Beermaker
well.. you could try taking my "mikeeey's wmp11 fix v1.0.skn" and renaming it to "Standard" (the portrait one). then replace mine with the one that was there.

make sure to backup the old "standard" file. you will also need to copy the rest of the files into thta same directory. im not sure if this will work for u though.

o and the bmp's and gif's are in the windows folder, but they're hidden i believe..

Working GREAT on my Tilt! ;)

Check it out!

Psst mikeeey- this is from my Tilt!

sshot003.bmp

Edited by Beermaker

Guest mikeeey
Working GREAT on my Tilt! ;)

Check it out!

Psst mikeeey- this is from my Tilt!

sshot003.bmp

havnt even tried it on my tilt yet but im glad it works. i see what you ment when you said the font was hard to read, cleartype will fix that, or i can increase the font size.

I plan to support landscape on all of my skins when i get the chance.

Guest Beermaker
havnt even tried it on my tilt yet but im glad it works. i see what you ment when you said the font was hard to read, cleartype will fix that, or i can increase the font size.

I plan to support landscape on all of my skins when i get the chance.

lol- another member showed me how to upload it-so for a test-and so everyone can see it, here goes!post-223853-1194041678_thumb.jpg

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ripper_97

I have a moto Q and i tried putting different skins in the media folder with the other skins and it never finds them. any ideas? please help i need some new skins

Guest mikeeey
I have a moto Q and i tried putting different skins in the media folder with the other skins and it never finds them. any ideas? please help i need some new skins

well unfortunatly my skins dont support landscape devices, but the next skin im currently making indeed doe ssupport landscape! hopefully it will work on your motorola Q.

• 1 month later...
Guest Beermaker
well unfortunatly my skins dont support landscape devices, but the next skin im currently making indeed doe ssupport landscape! hopefully it will work on your motorola Q.

mikeeey,

Any progress on a WMP11 skin for the Tilt?

Loving mine, and as I posted b4, portrait is working great!

:(

Beermaker

Guest mikeeey
mikeeey,

Any progress on a WMP11 skin for the Tilt?

Loving mine, and as I posted b4, portrait is working great!

:(

Beermaker

YES! i just finished this very second!

mikeeey's Titanium Media Player.

im creating the topic now. ill add in the link here as soon as im done.

• 2 weeks later...
For my WM5 i had to put it in the: Program files / Windows Media Player folder /

Hey Mikeeey: I just modded it to fit landscape for my i320N hope u dont mind :(

Yeah Paintbrush rules :D

BTW, how is the volume up + sign supposed to change? I cant seem to see any effect?

thanks can I mod it with my graphics?

oh and soon i will be done with my cystomiztion of my i320n and i will send it to PM

Guest mikeeey
thanks can I mod it with my graphics?

oh and soon i will be done with my cystomiztion of my i320n and i will send it to PM

why yes go ahead! i really have no plans on making my current skins compatible, but instead just making new skins that are compatible. feel free to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey
how did you do the skin

i opened a skn file in notepad, and tried to learn how it worked. i found it was rather easy once you get the hang of it, its just time consuming. i just made some pictures and linked them in the .skn file. if your really interesting in making some skins i can help you thru it.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm so sorry for being a pain to y'all now, but what is the default registry for placing the skin on a Hurricane / 2003 SE ?

I've tried changing the path in regedit to where i've placed it on my phone, but still nothing seems to work. The default skin (Default.skn) is located at \Windows. I've tried placing the WMP11 skin there, but when trying to change skins in WMP, it doesn't seem to find it. Any other ways around the problem?

I'd be ever so grateful if someone can help me out here :) Thanks for your time.

Guest mikeeey
I'm so sorry for being a pain to y'all now, but what is the default registry for placing the skin on a Hurricane / 2003 SE ?

I've tried changing the path in regedit to where i've placed it on my phone, but still nothing seems to work. The default skin (Default.skn) is located at \Windows. I've tried placing the WMP11 skin there, but when trying to change skins in WMP, it doesn't seem to find it. Any other ways around the problem?

I'd be ever so grateful if someone can help me out here :) Thanks for your time.

i would help if I could, but i dont own a 2003SE device.

maybe my skin isnt compatible... does 2003SE use media player 10?

i would help if I could, but i dont own a 2003SE device.

maybe my skin isnt compatible... does 2003SE use media player 10?

Yes, my 2003SE device uses Windows Media Player 10, Build 15159 (2004) :) if that's any help!

Thanks again, Gerallt

Guest mikeeey

well this is very weird, idk why its not showing up for you. ive looked online at some other 2003 compatible skins and the directory says "\Program Files\Windows Media Player". so im not sure whats going on here. are all my skins not compatible for you?

and you have a QVGA screen right? 176x220 isnt supported.

Edited by mikeeey

• 1 month later...