Does the JAMin support A2DP and Push Email?

Guest Blakey

Topic title says it all really.

I currently have an MDA Pro and am thinking of downgrading to the JAMin. The only PPC Phone I have ever really loved was my old JAM. The JAMin looks like the same form factor but with a few more whistles and bells. 2 of the whistles and bells I love about my MDA Pro is being able to listen to music on my BT stereo headphones in quality stereo, and also having my exchange emails being direct pushed to the phone.

So, does the JAMin support those options?

Thanks

Blakey

(Edit: Title edited to A2Dp instead of AUK2. D'oh!).

Edited by Blakey

Push mail yes, A2DP no.

P

Yeah, sorry, and thanks Paul - A2DP was what I meant. :-)

That's a tad annoying! Seems like the only thing this little device is missing from my list of requirements. :-(

Any chance of a ROM upgrade on the horizon to fix that?

Guest budadank

Hi Blakey,

Install the attached CAB file to add A2DP support to the Prophet, I know you don't have one yet but the file's there for you and anyone else who's interested. Ignore the "Tornado" part, it works fine with the prophet.

Although the Prophet's processor is a bit on the wimpy side, it can cope with encoding audio for Bluetooth Stereo, but you will find that trying to write a text/e-mail at the same time is a bit frustrating though. This can be solved by overclocking, which I do only when listening to music. The Batterystatus Today Plugin by Chi Tai Dang (Website) is a very good utility and allows you to change your prophet, or any other WM5 OMAP 850 device's processor speed with a single tap. Of course, you use this at your own risk, but I've never had any problems overclocking to 234Mhz.

Install the cab file and do a soft reset, pair up with your BT headphones and then in your "Devices" menu hold down on your Stereo device and select "Set as Wireless Stereo". If this option is not there then install again. This happened for me a couple of times, not sure why but it's there eventually. You should also see "Set as Hands free" if your BT headphones work as a bluetooth headset too. I can confirm that this hack works fine for both profiles on headphones such as the Motorola HT 820, provided the player you are using knows to pause playing when a call comes in.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info don't hesitate to PM.

-Budadank

Tornado_A2DP.cab

You da man! (As they say in the Dordogne)

You are right that I don't have a JAMin yet but this was a serious reason not to get one and this fix has probably just tipped me over the edge into JAMin territory.

Have been reading this thread on Howard Forums: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...ight=JAMin+A2DP

The question is: will I be able to apply your fix directly to a new iMate JAMin without first upgrading the ROM?

Also, will your fix work on all incarnations of the Prophet - I'm most likely to end up buying an iMate JAMin but would like to know.

Thanks heaps

Blakey

Guest budadank

My device is an Orange SPV M600 but I have *ahem* upgraded it to the latest iMate JAMin ROM 2.13.9.23 WWE. Chances are that you'll get one with that ROM on it anyway cause it's been around for a while now and is considered stable. I also used this patch back when it had the old crappy Orange ROM on it and it worked fine then too.

No jiggery pokery should be required! I installed the patch straight on to a fresh iMate ROM with no pre-requisite patches, chances are you'll be able to do the same.

Let me know how you get on...

Am looking at this eBay offer from our very own FluffCat1 at the moment. Have slight concerns over why its posted "As New" and not just "New". Am wondering if this is because its been upgraded to the "latest iMate ROM". Have messaged fluffcat1 and am waiting on a response now.

Still, seems like a good price for a JAMin to me...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

Blakey

Guest budadank
Am looking at this eBay offer from our very own FluffCat1 at the moment. Have slight concerns over why its posted "As New" and not just "New". Am wondering if this is because its been upgraded to the "latest iMate ROM". Have messaged fluffcat1 and am waiting on a response now.

Still, seems like a good price for a JAMin to me...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

Blakey

Scary seller who likes to use CAPS LOCK! I hope for your sake you are PayPal confirmed, otherwise you may be hunted down and killed in a fit of rage for just looking at the listing and considering bidding!

Good price though, i-mate ROM is a bonus too. I wouldn't be too worried about the "As new", this is probably just because of the software mods as you suspect.

Edited by budadank

Well, I have bought the m600. Fluffcat1 seems a good seller - he's been very helpful in our email exchanges so I would (so far) recommend him. Of course I might change my mind when the phone turns up! ;-) Nah, seriously he seems a top chap.

The phone isn't new - its simply in very good "as new" condition. I'm happy to get a SIM unlocked m600 with the latest iMate ROM on it, second hand but not much used for

• 2 weeks later...

The m600 turned up today. Very nice little piece of kit. What's already appartent about it is that I am off down the pub in a short while and I'm deffo taking it with me - whereas my MDA Pro would have stayed behind.

Anyway, have tried to get A2DP working but am getting no luck at all.

I have reinstalled about 5 times now. Have installed to device and to storage card - is there a preference? I can get the headphones (I also have the excellent Moto HT820 headphones BTW) to work as a handsfree phone device and even do voice dialing through them. But it never provides the option to "Set as Wireless Stereo" when I click on it. This option does exist on my MDA Pro so I know what I am looking for.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Blakey

Edited by Blakey

Thanks Snookie. I have installed that but have not got my headphones with me today so will have to check it out again this evening. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the help.

Blakey

Wahoo!! :-)

Am currently sat here at my desk at home listening to Jack Johnson on my BT headphones from my m600!

Thanks chaps for helping to get this to work. Its the one thing which I was unsure about when giving up my MDA Pro as I have a 4GB card with about 20+ albums on which I listen to all the time.

Top draw!!!

Blakey

• 6 months later...
Guest mheptonstall

Tried both of the cab files on my M600, the second one showed 'set as wireless stereo' in the bluetooth settings menu but it was greyed out for my headset. It that because it isn't compatible? Its a motorola, but not sure what model

Edited by mheptonstall