Teething problems with the SPV M3100

Guest sameerabedi

Guest sameerabedi

Finally received my brand new SPV M3100 on upgrade yesterday and been using it non-stop ever since!

After cahnging from a C600, it's a big big difference to say the least!

Had a couple of question which I was hoping you guys could help me with!

1) First page on Settings and on the top left there is a icon called "buttons". What are the buttons that actually open the programs showed when that icon is selected?

2)I cannot access Orange websites because apparently "only Orange phone users can access," what setting adjustments do I need to make and how?

3)Any ideas where to get some good themes for the phone?

That's it for now, thanks in advance for your help!

Guest richard_d
Finally received my brand new SPV M3100 on upgrade yesterday and been using it non-stop ever since!

After cahnging from a C600, it's a big big difference to say the least!

Had a couple of question which I was hoping you guys could help me with!

1) First page on Settings and on the top left there is a icon called "buttons". What are the buttons that actually open the programs showed when that icon is selected?

2)I cannot access Orange websites because apparently "only Orange phone users can access," what setting adjustments do I need to make and how?

3)Any ideas where to get some good themes for the phone?

That's it for now, thanks in advance for your help!

1. The buttons are essentially all but the power button and those around the dpad.

2. Sorry not an Orange user.

3. There are a few in the download section here - Mandt has some nice ones.

Guest mwright

Welcome to the wonderful world of Orange Data!!

THis is a known problem with devices using Pocket Internet Explorer. I am guessing that your default APN is orangewap at the moment? You need to change that to orangeinternet for those things to work.

Make sure that your data usage will be cvered before making that change though. Call 156 if you need to.

As for how to make the change - it I remember correctly it goes something like:-

1) Settings/Connections/Connections/Advanced/Select Networks

2) Make sure Orange World is selected in the first dropdown - and then Edit

3) Make sure Orange Internet bullet is selected and then "OK" out of it all

Guest mwright

YOu can work them out from the functions but I think it is :-

1) Messageing button - top left

2) Internet buton - top right

3) Comms manager button - right side - second from top

4) Camera - right side - bottom

5) Voice dial - left side - second button down under jog dial

Guest sameerabedi

Another problem I've discovered is that whenever I connect to the Internet using GPRS/3G, after finishing wiht my browsing, the phone remains connected to the network. When I click on the symbol it shows how many minutes I've been connected for but doesn't give me the chance to disconnect. Any ideas how to do so?

Guest mwright
Another problem I've discovered is that whenever I connect to the Internet using GPRS/3G, after finishing wiht my browsing, the phone remains connected to the network. When I click on the symbol it shows how many minutes I've been connected for but doesn't give me the chance to disconnect. Any ideas how to do so?

Either press and hold the red disconnect key, or go into comms manager and click the disconnect (third row on the left) button

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sameerabedi

Another problem I've recently discovered on the SPV M3100 is the filing of contacts. When I add a new contact, it automatically files it with the Surname first, i.e. Blogg, Joe, whereas I want it the other way around.

My old SPV's had the option to switch it around, but I can't seem to do it on this phone? Any solutions?

Guest richard_d
Another problem I've recently discovered on the SPV M3100 is the filing of contacts. When I add a new contact, it automatically files it with the Surname first, i.e. Blogg, Joe, whereas I want it the other way around.

My old SPV's had the option to switch it around, but I can't seem to do it on this phone? Any solutions?

I think you have to do it in Outlook on the PC then sync. Have a search using contacts - I know it's been asked before

When you file a new contact there is a little down arrow at the right of the name entry box, tap this and you get the option to order your first and last names as you wish

Guest sameerabedi
When you file a new contact there is a little down arrow at the right of the name entry box, tap this and you get the option to order your first and last names as you wish

When I click the arrow it doesn't allow me to change the order of how it is filed in the contact screen.

That is wierd as it does on the Wizard, strange it wouldn't work on the Hermes, you'll have to do it in Outlook and sync afterwards

Make sure the PC is set to overwrite the phone, not the other way round

Guest sameerabedi

Managed to sort out the contact filing problem via Outlook. Guess it's the only option. However there a few more new issues I've come across, and I need some help!

1) Every so often a pop-up box comes up saying unable to find IP Address and to try again for Networking. How do I get rid of it, why does it come up?

2) The alarms are really messed up. Every night I check the alarm and press the off button. Each morning the alarm goes off as set. However, on 3 occasions it hasn't turned on and as a result I've woken up late! When I turned on the phone via the off button the alarm turns on immediately, whereas the rest of the time it comes on and then the phone turns on. Any ideas why?

Thanks for the help

When I turned on the phone via the off button the alarm turns on immediately, whereas the rest of the time it comes on and then the phone turns on. Any ideas why?

Thanks for the help

Yeah it is a bit confusing!

When you go to bed for the night DON'T sleep the phone with the power key, just let the screen die on it's own, I had a couple of late mornings too 'til I figured it out!

Guest mwright
1) Every so often a pop-up box comes up saying unable to find IP Address and to try again for Networking. How do I get rid of it, why does it come up?

I get this one sometimes! I would really love to know what causes it.

Anyone any ideas please?

Guest sameerabedi

Yet another issue is a problem with ActiveSync. Everytime I try to Sync with the PC, each time it asks me to rename the device as it already exists on the network so I have to keep changing the name and resynchronize every thing.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sameerabedi

This alarm situation is getting crazy! Most mornings after my alram goes off my phone promptly decides to freeze and I have to take the battery out to restart it.

This morning was even more bizarre! I changed the alarm time last night from 7.00am to 7.30am but the alarm still woke me up at 7.00am and then froze! When I restarted it two alerts came up, an alarm for 7.00am and one for 7.30am.

What is going? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

• 4 months later...
Guest sameerabedi

Another problem I now have is that Windows Media doesn't recognise songs on my memory card. When I select 'Update Library' it only find songs on the phone, not the memory card. When I select 'Library' it only has 'My Device' as the only option.

To listen to songs I have to tediously select them one by one via File Explorer.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks