New to WM need help on T-mobile SDA II !

Guest Safy

I am totaly new to Windows smartphone ! i bought SDA II unlocked and i want to upgrade its ROM. I am downloading ROM update from

http://www.tm-phonedownloads.com/do...ager_sda_2.html

1= I want to know that if i update its ROM will my phone will be SIM LOCKED ??

2- can i install WM5 on SDA 2 if yes then how ?

3- How can i lower the brightness ?

4- When i try to install .cab file it says " Cannot install coz it is digitally not signed " ??

5- I bought it coz i thought it is identical to Imate SP5m but SP5m have WM5 and wifi but i cant seem to find wifi in my SDAII . :rolleyes:

6- wats the difference b/w SDA, SDA II music & SDA II ?

Guest The Doctor
I am totaly new to Windows smartphone ! i bought SDA II unlocked and i want to upgrade its ROM. I am downloading ROM update from

http://www.tm-phonedownloads.com/do...ager_sda_2.html

1= I want to know that if i update its ROM will my phone will be SIM LOCKED ??

2- can i install WM5 on SDA 2 if yes then how ?

3- How can i lower the brightness ?

4- When i try to install .cab file it says " Cannot install coz it is digitally not signed " ??

5- I bought it coz i thought it is identical to Imate SP5m but SP5m have WM5 and wifi but i cant seem to find wifi in my SDAII . :rolleyes:

6- wats the difference b/w SDA, SDA II music & SDA II ?

Not answered by w4lly:

1. Your phone WILL still be SIM locked if you update the ROM, a ROM update will NOT alter the SIM lock status, anyway the only ROM updates officially available are teh Tmob UK ones

2. NO! Don't even try it, you'll brick your phone.

6. SDA has TI OMAP 730 processor, 176x220 screen, VGA camera and is based around the HTC Typhoon platform but with added aplication buttons so its codenamed the HTC Feeler,

SDA Music is the same as the SDA but with music buttons instead of aplication buttons making it a HTC Amadeus.

The SDA II is based on the HTC Hurricane. it has a TI OMAP 750 processor with a 240x320 screen (QVGA) and an increased ammount of RAM and a 1.3MP camera

Phil