• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New CamerAware released!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I am very excited to announce the first 2.x release of MoDaCo CamerAware, the Safety Camera alerting application for your Windows Mobile device!

Following on from a very successful initial launch, the new CamerAware release implements a whole host of new features and fixes primarily submitted via user feedback in the CamerAware forum.

The new release follows on from a great start to the month that has already seen several Camera database updates, and a number of incremental updates to 'CamerAware Tracker', the online viewer for uploaded journey data (see it in action on my data at http://www.modaco.com/tracker.php?mid=1&journey=1).

Full information about CamerAware can be found in the 'CamerAware Forum', the 'About CamerAware' topic or the 'Complete guide to getting started with CamerAware' topic.

You can download and install CamerAware for FREE, have a play, take advantage of the position uploading and tracking functionality, and then purchase a licence code at a later date should you wish to activate the Camera warning functionality!

I've included details on the new features in this version below, and a couple of new screenshots.

Enjoy... i'm off to write that Treo 750v review now :rolleyes:

P

Application version 2.061012

Feature Request: Added menu option for manual config of port / baud rate

Feature Request: New cameras can now be recorded, and existing Cameras updated

Feature Request: Logging is now still per minute, but each uploading includes up to 60 positions 1 second apart (beware data costs!)

Feature Request: Co-ordinates of current position can now be displayed for breakdown / emergency purposes

Feature Request: Database version is now displayed in about box

Feature Request: New voice alerts

Bug Report: Backlight now turns off correctly after passing a Camera

Bug Report: Cameras with no speed limit no longer show '0 mph limit'

Bug Report: 'Bring to front' now only occurs once per Camera

Bug Report: Skins with Landscape indicator panel attributes now function as desired

Completely rewritten GPS subsystem

GPS subsystem now takes advantage of WM5 GPS Intermediary Driver if present

Improved skins for VGA devices (HTC Univerals etc)

Auto bluetooth option is removed, due to reliability / compatability issues

Skin format tidied - existing skins will need to be updated

Additional skin elements added for Camera management

CAMERAWARE 2.X BUILDS ARE COMPILED AGAINST .net CF 2.0, WHICH MUST BE INSTALLED FROM HERE

For this reason 2.x builds will not be deployed using autoupdate, and must be installed manually. Also for this reason, CamerAware 2.x is not compatible with Smartphone 2003 SE devices.

camerawaregreen.pngcamerawareamber.png

camerawarered.pngScreen001.png

Posted

Ok Paul

So where do we download it from??

Am I being thick here . .

Posted

The link is in the 'Complete guide to getting started with CamerAware', or, direct links:

Latest CamerAware build (always): http://www.modaco.com/content/cameraware/setup.exe

.net CF 2.0 SP1 (required on all pre-WM5 AKU3 devices): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

:rolleyes:

P

Posted

Thanks, got it!

Posted

Maybe I'm just really tired, but....It is very difficult for me to locate the download link.

Posted

Maybe I'm just really tired, but....It is very difficult for me to locate the download link.

Yep, deffo you because Paul posted the link in this thread. :rolleyes:

Posted

Got it....think I was just looking for a DOWNLOAD HERE thing or something.

Posted

:rolleyes:

P