Treo 750v Questions

Guest TigerNet

Guest TigerNet

Anyone else got a Treo 750v? Mine arrived yesterday and I had it SIM unlocked - great service!!!

So...

Best case? Does Krusell do one?

Must have software?

How to application unlock?

Tips/tricks?

etc...

Cheers

Nick

Anyone else got a Treo 750v? Mine arrived yesterday and I had it SIM unlocked - great service!!!

So...

Best case? Does Krusell do one?

Must have software?

How to application unlock?

Tips/tricks?

etc...

Cheers

Nick

What do you think of it so far?

Thinking of getting 1 of these

Just 1 thing....sorry i know its a little off topic but ....the voda logo on the back would it be possible to remove it?...Is it stuck on or sort of etched into the case if you get what i mean

Cheers

Jamie

Guest TigerNet

...the logo looks like it is embedded in the back, the word vodafone should be able to be 'cubed off'...same on the front...let me know how you get on!!!

Cheers

Nick

I just got mine today but havent used it as im wating for my O2 number to transfer in a week or so.

I was wondering about ways to unlock it too becasue im a student here in the UK and i want to use it back home too. The only place i found is http://www.imei-check.co.uk/ but i'm still looking for a free way to do it. Highly doubt it though.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Giannis

...that's who I used...I would go for reliability rather than risking your device...

Those guys are good and the process is simple...

Cheers

Nick

Yeah i know i used them before for my spv c500 and it was done in minutes. I'll probably go with them. I've just been messing around with the phone now and it looks quite nice. I think i'm going to like having it.

I've had my new Treo for about two weeks now. I got bored having to carry both my PDA (and old Palm Tungsten) and a mobile around, or only having my mobile with me without my calendar / to do lists etc, so I'm very happy with it. It's not too big and comfortable to hold.

Coming from Palm OS I'm a bit disappointed at the speed - I've seen a number of reviews refer to the device as "snappy" but that's not been my experience. Sometimes opening / closing apps and menus is quick (quick enough - it's never lightning fast) but sometimes it just plain slow. This morning I opened the messaging app and it took 10 seconds to respond.

My other concern is phone performance. When I've got full signal strength everything is fine. Volume is good (even the lowest volume in fact is a bit loud sometimes) and sound quality is good if a bit bassy. In some locations, however, where my mobile (SonyEricsson K750) would show 4/5 or even 5/5 bars, I only get 2/4 bars on the Treo. Also had problems with a few dropped calls - more than I was used to with my SE. All of that within London Zone 1 and 2!

I know this is not a hardware fault with the device as I had it replaced and the new one is the same as the old one.

Overall, I'm very happy with it as a combined phone and PDA but I'll leave my old mobile in the car for backup. I am going to be in areas of very low reception this and next weekend where my SE phone just about managed to hold on to a signal (and sometimes no signal at all), so that'll be a good test...

Overall, I'm very happy with it as a combined phone and PDA but I'll leave my old mobile in the car for backup. I am going to be in areas of very low reception this and next weekend where my SE phone just about managed to hold on to a signal (and sometimes no signal at all), so that'll be a good test...

Let us know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...
Let us know how you get on.

The Treo appeared about equal at acquiring a signal last weekend compared to the SonyEricsson K750. This was in an area of extremely bad reception. So that's the good news.

During regular use in London the Treo has had both good times and bad times. For the majority of calls that I make or receive I get good sound quality and the line stays up, even for half an hour or more. But for a significant proportion of calls, even in the same location, calls drop, the phone cannot connect when trying to place an outgoing call, or the line is so full of artifacts that I am - gasp - resorting to the land line. That's the bad news.

As a combined device (phone + PDA) I'm very happy with it, but it if was just a phone I think I'd get a refund.

• 1 month later...
Guest stripeycat

Just replaced my Hermes with a 750v, and put it on Orange. Fantastic little phone, the only thing i miss about the Hermes is that extra hundred mhz in processor power and all the little tweaks that folks have introduced for the handset, none of which seem to exist for the Treo. Can't beat the thumbboard though, and the screen is pretty decent.

• 1 month later...
Guest Buddhaah
Just replaced my Hermes with a 750v, and put it on Orange. Fantastic little phone, the only thing i miss about the Hermes is that extra hundred mhz in processor power and all the little tweaks that folks have introduced for the handset, none of which seem to exist for the Treo. Can't beat the thumbboard though, and the screen is pretty decent.

stripeycat: what made you give up the Hermes? I read that it's terminally unreliable to the point that calls cannot get through, when it crashes... and that's despite the admittedly impressive hardware spec. That the reason? Would love to know more, before I make a purchase decision.

Mike T