How To Configure Volume Jogger for Scrolling On T-Mobile Dash

Guest jcjdoss

Guest jcjdoss

(from Smartphone Thoughts)

Well that sure didn't take long. Just 1 day after the Dash hit the streets, akil, staulkor, and some others over at Howard Forums has found a way to change the functionality of the volume jogger on the Dash to include scrolling and launching programs. You'll need to modify the registry to get this to work. So, make sure you back things up before making any changes. Here are the changes you need to make to get this working.

To Enable Scrolling:

Edited by jcjdoss

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ghost_1

Ok I found this while running around on the web. It's a .CAB install so for people like me who don't like messing around with the registry it's the bee's knees.

http://1800message.com/default.aspx

scroll down about half way you should see the link.

The link is on the the page not had to find. Personally I'm confused as to why T-mobile got rid of this function, they could have just added another check box to make it just a volume slider or have the jogger functionality. Hopefully this helps somebody else out.

Guest angrygerbil

Thats a nice tweak. I also found some others ones at forum.dashsmartzone.com like stuff for making your scroll bars smaller and how to customize the startup menu programs. Has anyone found a way yet to make it so you can listen to two bluetooth wireless headphones at the same time? It's driving me crazy. Thanks.

-dasher

• 5 months later...
Guest mikeeey
How can I change the volume on the Dash, if I change the volume slider to act as the jogger.

Thank you

AgentM have u read over the topic? it says to edit some registry values. theres even a youtube video wich makes it so much easier to do

• 10 months later...
Guest Atomsk_Dash
AgentM have u read over the topic? it says to edit some registry values. theres even a youtube video wich makes it so much easier to do

I'm sure you did not understand his request. It's OK though. Here's what AgentM is getting at:

Once you switch the joggr around so that it works for scrolling, application opening, and backwards navigating just WHAT becomes of the volume control? Does one leave the volume where it was before the joggr tweak(s) and deal OR is there another way to continue to control the level of volume on your Dash?

Edited by Atomsk_Dash