C700 Pulled?

Guest w411y

Guest kiran_mk2
Heard rumour that the C700 has been pulled from Orange UK due to failing tests. Any truth to this anyone?

I heard that rumour too. There's something funny going on with this phone. The western version seems to be blighted by battery problems, frequent losses of settings, is limited to 3G (384kbps) and has no front camera where as the Dopod variant doesn't seem to suffer from the battery problem (as far as I can tell), has the front facing camera and I seen forums where people are claiming the handset is actually HSDPA enabled.

It's a shame as I'm looking to upgrade my old C500 and there seems little point only going to the C600 when a decent 3G smartphone can't be too far off.

It's a shame as I'm looking to upgrade my old C500 and there seems little point only going to the C600 when a decent 3G smartphone can't be too far off.

My worry exactly :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest kiran_mk2
"Due to crappy battery life and overheating i was told....."

Quote from the store manager of my local orange shop

Phil

Following the news that the recent ROM update appears to not only fix the battery life issues but also enables HSDPA on the Mteor it seems very strange that Orange pulled the C700. Surely HTC could have told them a fix was in the works?

I hear that they are prepping a 3G smartphone very simular (internally identical) to the O2 Graphite.

Quality of this new device doesnt match up compaired to the HTC breeze.