FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

mikeeey:

regarding the graphics problem, delete the cache, and try again

if the pc version finalburn alpha plus can not recognize your rom, this one can not either.

Sonic Wings 2 and Sonic Wings 3 is supported by finalburn, sonic wings 1 is not listed in the neogeo driver.

twolf:

try mslug3nd and mslug4nd, they worked too.

Edited by masterall

Maybe there is a list that tells me what the roms need to be names?

I have abunch of those games as well, and they wont show up for me... :)

So maybe i have the zip-files named wrong?

twolf:

try mslug3nd and mslug4nd, they worked too.

actually I did tryed those and others, but not all show up...

I downloaded all versions of rom-world.com of these roms:

altered beast

golden axe

shinobi

metal slug 3, 4 and 5

but they dont show on the list nor can I load them manually...

I didnt said anything before because your doing such a great work already...

:)

Guest PolloLoco
actually I did tryed those and others, but not all show up...

I downloaded all versions of rom-world.com of these roms:

altered beast

golden axe

shinobi

metal slug 3, 4 and 5

but they dont show on the list nor can I load them manually...

I didnt said anything before because your doing such a great work already...

Twolf - did you actually read the thread? All of the games you mentioned except for the metal slug series are not supported by this emulator. You can only play CPS1, CPS2 and neo geo games. When you look for roms - you have to be specific to those type callouts. It's easy to find free listings for those types of games - so long as you look for the right category.

To try to play the games you've mentioned - you would need to try something like PocketCultMame. But I've never gotten that to work with any of the roms I was able to get.

To try to play the games you've mentioned - you would need to try something like PocketCultMame. But I've never gotten that to work with any of the roms I was able to get.

Hi PolloLoco: Its Off Topic, but PocketCult MAME works as a charm for me, Golden Axe is my Fave Game and i love to play it on there. Had to combine a bunch of roms for Golden Axe to make it work tough so i get all files the emulator is looking for.

Back To Topic: I got three different mslug2.zip files, and none of them shows up on FinalBurn... :-\

Twolf - did you actually read the thread? All of the games you mentioned except for the metal slug series are not supported by this emulator. You can only play CPS1, CPS2 and neo geo games. When you look for roms - you have to be specific to those type callouts. It's easy to find free listings for those types of games - so long as you look for the right category.

ooops, in the webpage I got them from doesnt say wich is what, so I was under the assumption the old games are all CPS1.

:D my bad.

Zeiram, my mslug2.zip has 16mb and works fine...

Edited by twolf

Guest PolloLoco

Thanks for the info Zeiram! I'll probably try PCM again in the future. The Golden Axe series of games are probably my favorites from childhood, and the Genesis versions just don't cut it for me.

I got frustrated with not even being able to see the ROM's on the PCM main listing. My next strategy will probably be to get as many versions of the same game as possible - to find one that works. Do you mean you combined the contents of all of them - into one zip file?

twolf - use google to search for "CPS1 ROM" and "CPS2 ROM". There's websites that give you lists specifically for these 2 callouts. I'd give you the names, but I think that violates forum rules. I've been able to get over 30 roms on my phone - and that's ONLY the games that work with 100% graphics and sound.

Do you mean you combined the contents of all of them - into one zip file?

Yup, when you run PCM it creates a logfile about the files needed inside the rom and every rom i tried for Golden Axe 1 had some of those files (World, EU, JP, US) but not all of them. So i took the biggest of them (World) and moved the missing files from the others into it as well.

Back to topic: Is there a logfile like this in FinalBurn as well, or is it possible to add one? then i finally could see why no metal slug rom i tried works for me?

Guest dijital

is anyone having trouble with gigawing in the samsung i320, all the sprites are black, no colour, the background seems fine though, the rom and cache file seems to work fine on my xda2 but not on the samsung i320 (i have deleted the cache and tried it again, same thing)

the other games i have tried (marvel vs streetfighter, sf2ce, final fight) seem to work fine.

Any ideas?

Edited by dijital

Guest masterall

Zeiram:

it will not output such a list, or maybe I can modify the check rom error dialog to display more information for the missing roms.

dijital:

do you have enough memory when create cache for gigawing? or you can try copy the fine cache file from xda2 to i320?

Guest mikeeey
Yup, when you run PCM it creates a logfile about the files needed inside the rom and every rom i tried for Golden Axe 1 had some of those files (World, EU, JP, US) but not all of them. So i took the biggest of them (World) and moved the missing files from the others into it as well.

Back to topic: Is there a logfile like this in FinalBurn as well, or is it possible to add one? then i finally could see why no metal slug rom i tried works for me?

so masterall are u sure theres no way to make games display as a portrait? on the pc version of final burn it can, wats so different about the smartphone/pocket pc not being able to?

AND DOES SOMEBODY know the name of that game that u would be in a plane and get upgrades and u would shoot and there would be a bomb and it was really detailed. and at the end there was a huge boss ud have to fight. was that even for neogeo? even if not id still wanna know the name of that game

Edited by mikeeey

Guest dijital
dijital:

do you have enough memory when create cache for gigawing? or you can try copy the fine cache file from xda2 to i320?

Yup tried both of those, its strange because marvel vs street figter uses more memory and creates a bigger cache (40mb compared to 22mb for gigawing) and works fine.

Guest PolloLoco

Awesome, awesome revision. Besides the games mentioned above, another great one that I've enjoyed is Shocktroopers 2 for Neo Geo. Plays great, with no glitches that I've seen so far.

Like many others I've only been able to get Metal Slug 2 and X to show. And of those - the sound for MS2 is all screwed up, and the graphics are extremely buggy for MSX. I notice that in the main list - they all seem to play OK.

I'm going to assume that it's a problem with the rom versions I have. I'll have to keep trying - I'd never played the Metal Slug series, though I've heard a lot about it.

AND DOES SOMEBODY know the name of that game that u would be in a plane and get upgrades and u would shoot and there would be a bomb and it was really detailed. and at the end there was a huge boss ud have to fight. was that even for neogeo? even if not id still wanna know the name of that game

I wasnt that much into negogeo games but... I searched google for neogeo plane shoot game

and came with Ghost Pilots:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/neo-geo/ghos...ots/screenshots

is this it? :)

Guest masterall

mikeeey:

well, it do can display as portrait, however, the blitter is not done, maybe available in a future version.

dijital:

it is strange! I have no idea...

but all graphics errors I experienced are caused by a bad cache.

Guest mikeeey
Awesome, awesome revision. Besides the games mentioned above, another great one that I've enjoyed is Shocktroopers 2 for Neo Geo. Plays great, with no glitches that I've seen so far.

Like many others I've only been able to get Metal Slug 2 and X to show. And of those - the sound for MS2 is all screwed up, and the graphics are extremely buggy for MSX. I notice that in the main list - they all seem to play OK.

I'm going to assume that it's a problem with the rom versions I have. I'll have to keep trying - I'd never played the Metal Slug series, though I've heard a lot about it.

with MSX i think its the rom. cause mine does the same thing, and if i try it on the pc version of final burn it has 1 error when loading. that display glitch is most likely the error

mikeeey:

well, it do can display as portrait, however, the blitter is not done, maybe available in a future version.

dijital:

o and masterall sometimes when i run finalburn and click the A button a lot the program will end up closing and going back to my homescreen. ive talked to some other people about it and it hasnt happened with them. they have pocket pc's tho wich is much faster and better than my t-mobile sda. with none of ur other emulators this has even happened.

would u know the problem why its doin this?

Edited by mikeeey

My problem now is lack of ram to create the cache file... :)

I have a qtek s100 with 440mhz and 64 mb of ram, and works fine with all the games I tested so far, but when creating the cache file for mslug 3 and 4 it just hangs... and I have about 39mb of free ram!

Is there any way to create the cache on the pc? I tryed with the pc version but it doesnt support neogeo yet.

How is the cache created? maybe i can "make it" in the pc and them move it to the cache folder...

Guest mikeeey
My problem now is lack of ram to create the cache file... :)

I have a qtek s100 with 440mhz and 64 mb of ram, and works fine with all the games I tested so far, but when creating the cache file for mslug 3 and 4 it just hangs... and I have about 39mb of free ram!

Is there any way to create the cache on the pc? I tryed with the pc version but it doesnt support neogeo yet.

How is the cache created? maybe i can "make it" in the pc and them move it to the cache folder...

how long did u wait? it takes about a good 5 minutes or so to create the cach. at first itl just look like its not doin anything or its stuck on the first bar but it is creating it.

i thot metal slug 3 and 4 dont work? only 2 and X? i tried putting all of them on my phone and only 2 and X showed up

Edited by mikeeey

My mslug 3 and 4 have 76.8 and 60.4 mb.

They show up, so they problably work.

I waited 5 hours for the cache to create before giving up. :)

Edited by twolf

Guest dijital
dijital:

yeah, its wierd, all the other games i have tried have worked fine, even shock troopers 2.

is there a way to get the pc version to create the cache file then copy it over to the phone?

*EDIT*

OK ive wrked it out, its a bug with version 0.004, the version on my xda was 0.003, when i upgraded to 0.004 i got the same eror as on my i320 (black sprites)

Edited by dijital

This IS wierd...

Since I only have 64mb of ram in my PPC, I cant create the cache of mslug 3 and 4 needed to play. So I asked a friend to load it on his pocket pc with 128mb of ram, so that I could use his cache.

It froze.

So I downloaded and installed the Windows Mobile Emulator from MS (really complicated to get it going) and tryed to create the cache file.

With 128mb of RAM it froze again, with 256 it simply doesnt create the cache file

So I am trying now severall memory amounts to see witch can do it...

Ill check back when I have results

Guest PolloLoco

Does anyone have any of the metal slugs working 100% great now?

Metal Slug 1 - Buggy control response. Music plays intermittently - but the sound effects do not.

Metal Slug 2 - No music, but the sound effects are like a minute behind - if they're there at all.

Metal Slug 3 - Cache failed to load, created 81 meg file.

Metal Slug 4 - Haven't Tried yet.

Metal Slug 5 - Won't show.

Metal Slug X - Sound works - but graphics are extremely scratchy, really unplayable.

If anyone's gotten any of these games to work 100% right - please post the name of the file, and the size. I wonder if I'm wasting my time looking for other versions of these games.

Edited by PolloLoco