FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

I guess both you are right, the different opinions may caused by following reasons in addition.

1. the latest version is optimized on a pxa270 128M QVGA phone, so phone with xscale chip may have better performance, and memory is VERY important, VGA may hurt performance.

2. it is hard to see if the game is smooth without sound, so when sound is on, the imperfect point is very easy to hear.

To Slerpy:

the new cache maker is uploaded, use this to make cps3 caches.

Guest mikeeey
I dont know what you expect or how it works on your devices, but it runs very playable on mine... A Dell X51v and a Gigabyte GS800...

Thanks alot Masterall!

im only pointing this out because my kaiser is 400mhz, but on my sda smartphone with a Omap 200mhz processor i was getting the same speed, then when i overclock it to 252mhz or 264mhz the speed was amazing! it was so smooth! So, 252mhz on my smartphone is actually faster than 400mhz on my pocket pc.

I have not completely given up (actually earlier today i did) but on xda-developers there was a video posted of the Kaiser running with Diamond drivers and running Open GL. they are getting closer to Kaiser drivers! http://www.htcclassaction.org/. just go down to June 22nd.

Guest jaikben

qualcom/samsung cpu's really sucks gaming wise, this is the first time I have a ppc with xscale (xda flame ) and for the first time this emu runs great lol, its also has a vga screen and almost all games tested seem to be running at almost fs with sound.

btw not only this is running better but I got almost no screenlagging when playing games which uses the screen, and mikeey I can play q3ce with almost max settings with around 15-25 fps (online)

Guest Slerpy
To Slerpy:

the new cache maker is uploaded, use this to make cps3 caches.

Brilliant, many thanks. :D

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, Is there any chance of a Sega driver ? :(

To see Outrun, Power Drift, & Space Harrier, etc.. On a PPC, would just be the icing on the cake.

Guest DisgruntleElf

NeoGeo and CPS2 games are running full speed with sound on my GIZ. The sound is really sharp with only the occasional light crackle. Thank you very much masterall. Superb release. If only the GIZ had more than 26MB of useable memory than I could play the real big boy games. Well I can dream. I hope you will continue to keep working on this fantastic emulator in the future. Amazing work masterall.

Guest mikeeey
qualcom/samsung cpu's really sucks gaming wise, this is the first time I have a ppc with xscale (xda flame ) and for the first time this emu runs great lol, its also has a vga screen and almost all games tested seem to be running at almost fs with sound.

btw not only this is running better but I got almost no screenlagging when playing games which uses the screen, and mikeey I can play q3ce with almost max settings with around 15-25 fps (online)

DAMN!!! ahh dont rub it in!

well you dont have a keyboard! :D

lol im jealous of your processor.

Guest invokeckizz

Hi, i just installed this program and i was wondering if i was missing any parts that I have to do in order to run the games on my E-Ten X600 running on WM6. Currently, I have been able to run the program from my SD Card and I added the rom files in zipped form in the roms subcategory. With that I have not been able to find (not run but FinalBurn cant find it on the list) Metal Slug 1-5 and Puzzle Bobble 2. Any advice would be great heh.

First post on modaco. XD

Guest mikeeey
Hi, i just installed this program and i was wondering if i was missing any parts that I have to do in order to run the games on my E-Ten X600 running on WM6. Currently, I have been able to run the program from my SD Card and I added the rom files in zipped form in the roms subcategory. With that I have not been able to find (not run but FinalBurn cant find it on the list) Metal Slug 1-5 and Puzzle Bobble 2. Any advice would be great heh.

First post on modaco. XD

did you download the NeoGeo bios? you can find it a few pages in this thread. put the neogeo bios Zip in the roms section.

Guest invokeckizz
did you download the NeoGeo bios? you can find it a few pages in this thread. put the neogeo bios Zip in the roms section.

Yeah, I have tried that with still nothing showing on my rom list. hm.

Guest mikeeey

try deleting the rom list (called gamelist) in your finalburn folder, then go back and load the rom and click rescan.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
Great! Off to test it!

Menneisyys, you will notice cps3 is MUCH faster, but tell me if NeoGeo and other games has slowed down for you. It's hard to tell on my kaiser, cuz it's always been somewhat slow with games, but some real drivers are comming out soon! there was a benchmark on xda-developers! yay! it's mainly for 3D graphics tho, so playstation 1 and quake 3 is what ill be playing i guess, o well, im satisfied with that. they said 2D will be boosted a little but it's mainly 3D.

Guest jaikben

no games wil be boosted look at flame none of the games with opengl work.. Only q3ce. reason is the way the opengles gets initialized. its different on dell vs flame and I will expect the same from diamond drivers. however those are libgles cm but still go through a pe info programma and you see the diffrences (dependencies, calling the functions etc)

Guest mikeeey
no games wil be boosted look at flame none of the games with opengl work.. Only q3ce. reason is the way the opengles gets initialized. its different on dell vs flame and I will expect the same from diamond drivers. however those are libgles cm but still go through a pe info programma and you see the diffrences (dependencies, calling the functions etc)

atleast it's able to run quake 3. that makes me happy. look at the bottom video:

http://www.htcclassaction.org/driverprogress.php

the camera is crappy so it appears the benchmark is slow, but really that is 136fps! the diamond only scored 82fps. im interested in what results the flame would get. i would LOVE to have quake 3 at a good framerate on my phone.

so games liek Tony Hawk and Call of Dutty 2 that use acceleration, is that open GL? would it work? or no, because the kaiser is not VGA? it seems like OpenGL is really opening a new door to the kaiser.

Guest jaikben

tony hawk is not working ( opengl version ), COD2 was coded with goforce in mind so that is working!

pff that glbenchmark is telling nothing, xda flame got a very bad score but I just can;t run the glbenchmark they supply screen is all messed up.

Q3ce is made with a software implentation of open gl but it supports some hardware function thats why its reconises the goforce, Even not optimezed the game plays the same speed as the dell optimized version. Lets somebody with a diamond ( which does have the libgles_cm ) test q3ce version 1.1b unaccel, he must delete the libgles_cm , and quake will use the one in the windows directory, if this works you should be happy

Edited by jaikben

Guest ashram
Menneisyys, you will notice cps3 is MUCH faster, but tell me if NeoGeo and other games has slowed down for you. It's hard to tell on my kaiser, cuz it's always been somewhat slow with games, but some real drivers are comming out soon! there was a benchmark on xda-developers! yay! it's mainly for 3D graphics tho, so playstation 1 and quake 3 is what ill be playing i guess, o well, im satisfied with that. they said 2D will be boosted a little but it's mainly 3D.

just tried my neo-geo games (viewpoint only still) with the official .014 and speed seems to be back! i'm going to have to try with a few other games later this week.

Guest Menneisyys

They haven't slowed down, on the contrary - Metal Slug 2 is a little bit (not much!) faster than under 0.08.

Guest twolf

thats strange, i tried to change the keys in this new version and he thinks all my keys are the same (the same button), except the direccionals and enter...

:(

---edit---

cancel that, it must be my system fault, the old version cant do that either... its a hard-format for me... :D

Edited by twolf

Guest zhengguodun
FinalBurn for WinCE is based on FinalBurn Alpha Plus 029523 u7 which supports cps1, cps2, cps3, neogeo, pgm and cave games. It supports 176x220, QVGA(both 240x320 and 320x240) and VGA screens. Save state, dipswitch and combo are supported now.

CPS1 Status

1941 ok

Captain Commando ok

Carrier Air Wing ok

Capcom World 2 ok

Cadillacs and Dianosaurs ok

Dynasty Wars ok

Final Fight ok

Forgotten World ok

Ghost 'N Ghost ok

Knights of the Round ok

Megaman ok

Mercs ok

Magic Sword ok

Mega Twins ok

Nemo ok

Pang! 3 ok

Pnickies ok

Quiz & Dragons ok

Quiz Tonosama no Yabou 2 Zenkoku-ban ok

Saturday Night Slam Masters unable to run

Street Fighter II ok

Street Fighter II CE ok

Street Fighter II Turbo ok

Street Fighter Zero ok

Strider ok

The King of Dragons ok

The Punisher ok

Three Wonders ok

U.N. Squadron ok

Varth ok

Warriors of Fate ok

Willow ok

CPS2 status

1944 ok

19xx ok

Armored Warriors ok

Alien Vs. Predator ok

Battle Circuit ok

Capcom Sports Club ok

Choko ok

Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness ok

Darkstalkers - the night warriors ok

Dungeons & Dragons - tower of doom ok

Dungeons & Dragons - shadow over mystara ok

Eco Fighters ok

Giga Wing ok

Hyper Street Fighter II - the anniversary edition ok

Jyangokushi ok

Mars Matrix ok

Marvel Super Heroes not tested

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter ok

Mega Man 2 - the power fighters ok

Mighty! Pang ok

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo ok

Super Street Fighter II ok

Street Fighter Alpha ok

Street Fighter Alpha II ok

Street Fighter Alpha III ok

vsva ok

vsva2 ok

progear ok

CAVE status

Air Gallet ok

DoDonPachi ok

DonPachi ok

ESP Ra. De. ok

Fever SOS ok

Gaia Crusaders ok

Guwange ok

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon ok

Puzzle Uo Poko ok

Thunder Heroes ok

NEOGEO status

Art of Fighting ok

Matrimelee ok

Metal Slug 1 ok

Metal Slug X ok

Metal Slug 3 ok

Metal Slug 4 ok

Metal Slug 5 ok

Neo Turf Master ok

Puzzle Bobble ok

Puzzle Bobble 2 ok

Robo Army ok

Samurai Shodown ok

Samurai Shodown 2 ok

Samurai Shodown 4 graphics error

Samurai Shodown 5 bank error

Samurai Shodown 5 Special bank error

Street Hoop ok

Super Sidekicks ok

Svc Chaos ok

The King of Fighters '94 ok

The King of Fighters '95 ok

The King of Fighters '96 ok

The King of Fighters '97 ok

The King of Fighters '98 ok

The King of Fighters '99 ok

The King of Fighters 2000 ok

The King of Fighters 2001 ok

The King of Fighters 2002 ok

The King of Fighters 2003 ok

Thrash Rally ok

Windjammers ok

Zintrick ok

better sh2 emulation core, cps3 game is faster.

68K core is optimized a little.

cache maker is also updated, please download the new one.

Similiar to the finalburn for Win32, put your rom in the roms directory, then load it in the emulator.

0.003 support cache, so it will create cache when you first load a cps2 game, it may take several minutes.

It will take much less time when load the game again.

Make sure the neogeo bios has been put into the roms directory before rescan for neogeo games.

To use combo, put macros.dat to cfg directory. You can find macros.dat in finalburn alpha plus for pc.

Cache maker is easy to use, it will create the cache when you finish loading a rom.

The correct bios zip package contains

vs-bios.rom 0x020000 0xF0E8F27D

usa_2slt.bin 0x020000 0xE72943DE

asia-s3.rom 0x020000 0x91B64BE3

neo-po.bin 0x020000 0x16D0C132

neo-epo.bin 0x020000 0xD27A71F1

neodebug.bin 0x020000 0x698EBB7D

uni-bios.22 0x020000 0x2d50996a

sm1.sm1 0x020000 0x97Cf998B

sfix.sfx 0x020000 0x354029FC

000-lo.lo 0x010000 0xE09E253C

has someone gets the source code ?can you mail it to me?

[email protected]

Guest jens.l

Hmm, there is no download for the sourcecode. It would be nice if he will make it public, because ,I have the little hope

that Notaz! one of the best coder for arm gadgets like Gp32 and Gizmondo could make maybe a proper working version for the Gizmondo.

---

I have problems with the new 0.14 version. The gamelist is not correct on my Gizmondo. It shows me the gamefiles double or more with the same name.

Jens

Guest mikeeey

if the source code was release it would probably eventually get ported to iphone and then they would have another thing to brag about :D

Guest jaikben

don't give away the source code before somebody ports sega cd / svp to ppc lol, btw i noticed that superside kicks is slower in this version?

Guest mikeeey
don't give away the source code before somebody ports sega cd / svp to ppc lol, btw i noticed that superside kicks is slower in this version?

every other thing is slower on my qualcomm device!