smartskey 0.52

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

This little app is a beauty, it will close the apps that will simply run in the background and hog up your memory that could be used for something else. Thanks mandt.

It's interface is so simple you dont see it working, but press the L or R soft key and you know its working. The int. file is even customizable. If your in PIE, use the volume up or down to make the page scroll. Integrated to work with OMap .02 (processor overclocker).SWEET!!!

ZIP and instructs included

smartskey.0.52.zip

OmapClock_0.2.zip

• 6 months later...
Guest Damo86
This little app is a beauty, it will close the apps that will simply run in the background and hog up your memory that could be used for something else. Thanks mandt.

It's interface is so simple you dont see it working, but press the L or R soft key and you know its working. The int. file is even customizable. If your in PIE, use the volume up or down to make the page scroll. Integrated to work with OMap .02 (processor overclocker).SWEET!!!

ZIP and instructs included

hi lads

sorry to dig up an old post but didnt see the point in starting a new one!!! :rolleyes:

using this in a wizard but i want to remove it, so i deleted it from my storage card but now im getting a notification error saying "couldnt execute storagecard/smartskey.exe" , tried putting it back and opening and closing the app to "reset the notification" but to no avail.I decide to leave the app there but now its doing it constantly even the app is present.

any ideas?

regards

damo

Guest Damo86
...or look in Windows/Startup and delete the smartskey.lnk file

did that...no joy :rolleyes:

paul,where do you find the .ini file?

whats bugging me is the fact ive totally removed it..but im still getting this blasted error!!

thanks for replies anyways!

damo

Guest mandt

There should be a file called 'smartskey.ini' on your device somewhere, it should be the same directory you first placed the .exe in.

Copy it to your PC, edit it with notepad as per Pauls instructions, copy it back to your device and soft reset to check.

What I can't understand is why you want to get rid of it? It's an absolute must have and pretty much the first thing I put on my Wizard after a rebuild

The best setup for it is to put the .exe and .ini in \Windows, and copy a SHORTCUT to the exe in \Windows\Startup. then copy another shortcut in your start menu to make opening and closing the app nice and easy

HTH

Edited by mandt

Guest Damo86
There should be a file called 'smartskey.ini' on your device somewhere, it should be the same directory you first placed the .exe in.

Copy it to your PC, edit it with notepad as per Pauls instructions, copy it back to your device and soft reset to check.r

What I can't understand is why you want to get rid of it? It's an absolute must have and pretty much the first thing I put on my Wizard after a rebuild

The best setup for it is to put the .exe and .ini in \Windows, and copy a SHORTCUT to the exe in \Windows\Startup. then copy another shortcut in your start menu to make opening and closing the app nice and easy

HTH

cool,will have go when i get home!

the reason i wanted get rid of it was to remove the notification as it kept appearing but my plan was to put it back properly,you see i first had it on the memory card but then i moved to programs folder and pasted a short cut to the strartup folder,thats when the notification errors started happening.

i have go anyways and do a fresh installation,quite surprised that the ppc cant open .ini files,my old nokia s60 could do it???

ill let you know how i get on!

damo

****edit***

all sorted,thanks for your help,now running the way it should be..mind you the xda maybe short lived,finally have a worthy replacement (after a 1.5yrs sevice)..the HTC Kaiser!!

Edited by Damo86

• 2 years later...
Guest josefcrist

how can i tell that it is overclocked? because all seems to work other than when i go into settings then about it says my cpu is at 195 still. and when i open omap clock it says i am at 180.