• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Home Screen Change Help

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I saw a download on the download page here that lets me have a homescreen with a batter bar. I downloaded the program put it on my storage card of my q. Ran it. It said it installed. Now what do i have to do to use it???

Posted

I saw a download on the download page here that lets me have a homescreen with a batter bar. I downloaded the program put it on my storage card of my q. Ran it. It said it installed. Now what do i have to do to use it???

Start>Settings>Home Screen>Then change your homescreen layout

Posted

i am not a complete moron. No new homepage is in there just my ones that came with my phone.

Posted

i am not a complete moron. No new homepage is in there just my ones that came with my phone.

:rolleyes: Sorry, no offense, Didn't know how long you'd been a smartphoner :(

Which home screen did you install, I'll try it on mine and see what I get

Posted

No i wasn't giving you a hard time... Sorry if it came across like that. I tried this one. Here

Posted

No i wasn't giving you a hard time... Sorry if it came across like that. I tried this one. Here

Whew, I thought I was in for a flam'n on that one... :rolleyes:

Ok I did the same thing but it installed fine...I don't have the plugins so it didn't look right, but it did install none the less. Try copying it to your phone memory then installing, I can't see how that will help, but it is worth a shot.

Posted

Ok tell me what i am doing wronge. I download that file. Convert it out of Rar format. Take those files and put them in my home folder under aplication data on my phone. go to setup. It runs all that good stuff. NOw what. What homescreen do you use. JC

Posted

Ok tell me what i am doing wronge. I download that file. Convert it out of Rar format. Take those files and put them in my home folder under aplication data on my phone. go to setup. It runs all that good stuff. NOw what. What homescreen do you use. JC

I didn't get the file in rar format, it was a .cab file. I just put the file straight on my phone and installed it from there.

Posted

So I have the same problem...

I put the files in \application data\home\

from several different screens I downloaded...

Nothing new in the choices...

HELP!

thanks

Posted

Winrar makes .cab files look like they need to be unzipped. take the original downloaded file and put it in the temp folder. Go to the temp folder and the file should look like a regular .cab file. run it and it should install.