krussell magentic quickmounter

Guest dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

Was just looking for a new mounting system for my spv m600, since it doesn't fit as nicely into my universal vent mount i had for previous incarnation (m2000) - the side buttons are compromised unless i mount it unduly high up in the holder.

i came across this as a universal mounting device:

link

I was wondering a few things and would be grateful for some answers from anyone with some experience with this system:

1) compatible with m600 (isn't it an aluminium case so not ferrous, ie magnetic?) - the add mentions a mounting plate (would there be enough room in the battery compartment for this>)

2) genuinely strong enough for the phone not to keep dropping to the floor?

3) possibility of interference with bluetooth or phone signal - its all magnety-electrical-shenanigans isn't it?!

( i hope to use it to stream both stereo music and headset funcion to a bluetooth cd player (not yet purchased...)

4) damage/removability from car should i ever want to sell?!

any input greatly appreciated!

dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

yeah, i did see those, thanks awarner.

but i worry when they arent prepared to advertise prices on the website... and cant find anything that will do on ebay...

i dont particularly want to damage my dashboard, or run cables beneath the dashboard - i have the ciggie power lead already, and just want a neat, noninvasive and cheapo (but effective) way of attaching the phone securely.

demanding? moi?!?! NEVER!

dr_nick

Try a holder from Brodit they are designed for each device and fit around the vent. Easily the best mounts that are available.

http://www.brodit.com/

Guest sparkymodaco

I've used the quickmounter on an imate sp3 and an MDA Vario II with no problems.

Metal plate is very thin and fits between battery and cover (stick it to battery, not the cover).

Magnet is strong enough so it will not drop off, even over speed bumps. Adhesive on magnet can be cleaned after removal with alcohol.

Does no affect screen or comms, I use it with bluetooth gps.

Plus point is the magnet does not give any messages to thieves that valuable bit of kit may be in the glove box

Guest dr_nick

thanks sparky, that is helpful info. and i agree with the not having "flashy things on show" statement also!

i have one ordered, may even arrive tomorrow (if emails are to be believed!)

i will, of course, update those of you who are interested with my progress...

thanks all

dr_nick

Guest mavisdavis

Dr_Nick, Ive had one for ages mate and are really strong, in fact I bought a couple more to stick on my toolbox and my pc desk at home. onlything is all my paperclips now fly acroos my desk n my spanners all stick to the side of my tool box.

But saying that the phone aint fell off in the car yet ;-) lol

Guest dr_nick
C'mon then................

Nice magnet. Where is the other bit (magnet or metal) for the phone????

as i understand it, there is sufficient ferrous metal within the workings of the phone to work...

failing this, i believe it is supplied with a handy slice of steel you can pop inside the battery cover.

mine is ordered... i'll let you know when/if it arrives!

:rolleyes:

thanks all!

Guest mcwarre
as i understand it, there is sufficient ferrous metal within the workings of the phone to work...

failing this, i believe it is supplied with a handy slice of steel you can pop inside the battery cover.

mine is ordered... i'll let you know when/if it arrives!

:rolleyes:

thanks all!

Cheers, Niiiiiccckkkkk

Guest dr_nick

awesome - it arrived!

looks nice - slightly rubberised ~1inch disk in black with some text.

comes supplied with instructions and an alcohol wipe. and a little metal plate with peelable sicky side to put inside battery cover. advice is to apply to battery, not inside of cover. battery cover just about closes with this in - but is pretty tight.

at first it didn't seem to want to stick to my nicely cleaned area of dash, so i drove to work firmly pressing it in place (when it was safe to do so... :)), fully expected it to be in the footwell when i finished work!

it advises to leave to stick for 12h.

had been there ~10hrs when i finished work and felt pretty firm - hadn't fallen off!

phone stuck to it nicely and it wont fall off.

the phone does seem a little bit liable to rotate on the magnet, but reall only when using the side buttons like power and comm manager (which i admit i shouldnt be doing whislt driving!

verdict: perhaps this isn't quite as quick as a drop in, made to measure brodit powered cradle, but it is WAY cheaper, WAY easier to fit, and WAY less obtrusive when left in car. would recommend as a simple universal mounting system that works.

and my spv looks so cool just magically suspended from the dash - almost a distraction when driving.

hope this has helped, will post piccies when i get around to it...

dr_nick